Digital Foundry: Anthem is best on Pro

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sure I can!       No!  I can't!  

Didn't I specifically predict this?   -PS4pro comes out first, will get decent support from devs, but the best support will come from first-party -Xbox One X comes out next, the develop

"Buy Xbox One S, Get [the worst version of] Anthem! "  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

4K modes on Pro and X is much closer but Pro is still a touch smoother than X

:hest:

"much closer"

checkerboard rendering vs. a native render which is 100%+ higher plus far better caching 

:cruise:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

you bought 3 xbox's + new tv for the worst exclusives and multiplats rofl_smack.gif&key=70c778897838ec8b0fff3

I don't think Jon's post can be understated enough... You bought two PlayStation 4's to play at the same 1080p resolution as the original PS4...

:lawl:

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think Jon's post can be understated enough... You bought two PlayStation 4's to play at the same 1080p resolution as the original PS4...

i dont think this can be understated enough :lawl:

-Frame rate gap between 4K modes on Pro and X is much closer but Pro is still a touch smoother than X
-Pro's 1080p mode is effectively locked through out. Performance dips from 4K mode are gone.
-Pro @ 1080p "only console model where I (Rich) wasn't bothered by hiccups"
-"It's the best way to play Anthem on consoles"

deenoStahp.jpgdeenoStahp.jpgdeenoStahp.jpgdeenoStahp.jpg

6 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

you bought 3 xbox's + new tv for the worst exclusives and multiplats rofl_smack.gif&key=70c778897838ec8b0fff3

There are like 4 multiplats better on ps4 lmao 

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

There are like 4 multiplats better on ps4 lmao 

theres 1 multiplat AAA/graphical showpiece for one x - RDR2.

and you didnt even play it :rofl:

you played anthem more :lawl:

Edited by Quad Damage
8 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

theres 1 multiplat AAA/graphical showpiece for one x - RDR2.

and you didnt even play it :rofl:

you played anthem more :lawl:

There's uh , a what are you playing thread I know you look at since you don't play games .....

Rdr is the best graphics of the gen and beat on Xbox native 4k .

Sony fans force 1080p in that game too LOL 

RE2 . worse fr on PS4 but slightly cleaner iq , BEST ON SONY 

anthem , much worse iq , slightly better fr . BEST ON SONY 

what a joke faction lol , trying so hard because pro was a mistake 

Honestly... I went back and played RDR2 for a bit again after Metro released.. and besides the animations, it's really not better graphically.  In fact, there's quite a few areas where it doesn't look that great either.

The animations are what propel that game.. and lighting.  But Metro's lighting is better still.

Oh well.. whatever.  Anthem look crazy on a high end machine too.

Just now, Jon2B said:

There's uh , a what are you playing thread I know you look at since you don't play games .....

Rdr is the best graphics of the gen and beat on Xbox native 4k .

Sony fans force 1080p in that game too LOL 

RE2 . worse fr on PS4 but slightly cleaner iq , BEST ON SONY 

anthem , much worse iq , slightly better fr . BEST ON SONY 

what a joke faction lol , trying so hard because pro was a mistake 

xbox one x has 1 AAA-graphical showpiece multiplat after 15 months on the market - a clunky pos you didnt even play.

anthem was supposed to be the 2nd big budget tentpole multiplat showpiece and not only was it trash, but its best on pro.

you claimed pro was a mistake and yet youre getting BTFO by its performance mode in 2019 :D 

worse still, xbox's first party is a total dumpster fire or non-existent. you needed these multiplats to deliver across the board with "next gen is here' type expereinces, you really did :rofl: 

Didn't I specifically predict this?

-PS4pro comes out first, will get decent support from devs, but the best support will come from first-party

-Xbox One X comes out next, the developers start supporting both of consoles.

-Maybe the initial round of games that come out during the XBX will try and push to get the best possible picture.

-But developers will eventually come to an obvious conclusion: "why are we trying to make one, two, three, four different configurations and try to optimize all of them?"

-Developers settle on PS4pro's configuration, and they don't put much work afterwards on the XBX.

PS4pro configuration is optimized at 1440p and optimized for the most stable framerate.

The developers then just quickly set the XBX version to 1800p and don't care much about optimizing the framerate after that, and call it a day.

Bada-bing, bada-boom.:wrists:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Didn't I specifically predict this?

-PS4pro comes out first, will get decent support from devs, but the best support will come from first-party

-Xbox One X comes out next, the developers start supporting both of consoles.

-Maybe the initial round of games that come out during the XBX will try and push to get the best possible picture.

-But developers will eventually come to an obvious conclusion: "why are we trying to make one, two, three, four different configurations and try to optimize all of them?"

-Developers settle on PS4pro's configuration, and they don't put much work afterwards on the XBX.

PS4pro configuration is optimized at 1440p and optimized for the most stable framerate.

The developers then just quickly set the XBX version to 1800p and don't care much about optimizing the framerate after that, and call it a day.

Bada-bing, bada-boom.:wrists:

Literally not happening at all

Just now, jehurey said:

Digital Foundry says otherwise.

And you are nothing compared to them.

You guys are chomping at the bit too much with some edge cases, it's going to bite you in the ass. I have nothing else to say, you're gonna look like a retard. 

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Honestly... I went back and played RDR2 for a bit again after Metro released.. and besides the animations, it's really not better graphically.  In fact, there's quite a few areas where it doesn't look that great either.

The animations are what propel that game.. and lighting.  But Metro's lighting is better still.

Oh well.. whatever.  Anthem look crazy on a high end machine too.

Metro looks so damn good on PC. Could only imagine how it looks on yours. Still, my 1080ti aint no slouch

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You guys are chomping at the bit too much with some edge cases, it's going to bite you in the ass. I have nothing else to say, you're gonna look like a retard. 

its Q1 2019, when is x going to deliver guaranteed wins at df? when theres a year left in the gen? :mickeyj:

Edited by Quad Damage
28 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

xbox one x has 1 AAA-graphical showpiece multiplat after 15 months on the market - a clunky pos you didnt even play.

anthem was supposed to be the 2nd big budget tentpole multiplat showpiece and not only was it trash, but its best on pro.

you claimed pro was a mistake and yet youre getting BTFO by its performance mode in 2019 :D 

worse still, xbox's first party is a total dumpster fire or non-existent. you needed these multiplats to deliver across the board with "next gen is here' type expereinces, you really did :rofl: 

Again , this thing called the what are you playing thread . It's right up top if you don't know where to find it .

Playing 1080p games on a Pro system . Lol what a joke . 95 percent of games are best on X and are at a MUCH higher resolution.

Your bragging about 1080p 30 vs 1080p 28 and claiming pro wasn't a mistake ? 400 dollars for 2fps ? Reef, idiot . Pro is a mistake 😂