Xbox Game Pass announced for PC, 20 games coming to Steam + All Future Games

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You can either build now, and own the current consoles, or build later and own future consoles.  

I'll build later when it's worth upgrading and continue to own consoles regardless. I don't play on PC as much as I do on consoles.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I should have known with the Zune and MS phones but yeah. Last time I get a Microsoft product.

i don't even want xbox games, i want lemming tears 

But @DynamiteCop! said this would never happen    The lemming faction is officially dead 

I really do hope that Cyberpunk 2077 gets pushed back to later 2020, or possibly even early 2021.

That's when I want to build my next PC.

I'm almost tempted to buy my SSD drives right now ahead of time.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I really do hope that Cyberpunk 2077 gets pushed back to later 2020, or possibly even early 2021.

That's when I want to build my next PC.

I'm almost tempted to buy my SSD drives right now ahead of time.

I pineing on this game to come at the end of this year.  I have 4 different PC system setups that I would like to put to test to see how this game will run on. 

10 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I see no value in PS4/ Xbox One or Switch.  Just money pits.     In time you all will eventually see this. 

Eventually see what? That regardless of the platform you play on gaming is a money pit? PC is by far the biggest.

Edited by lynux3
4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I see no value in PS4/ Xbox One or Switch.  Just money pits.     In time you all will eventually see this. 

EXACTLY.  This is exactly why I pretty much stopped console gaming close to the end of the PS3 generation.  I realized that the more PC like these things got, and were going to get... the more I just wanted to get rid of the fucking things and just game on a real PC, which I'm always going to have.  I can make a PC in any form factor.. so in the office, under the TV... whatever.  I choose what I want and how I want to play.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

PC is by far the least money pit.  

You make money easily with a PC.     

Been there, done that. I've been around the block many times with PC gaming so it's nothing new.

So you know it's better than console gaming.   

Define better? Better framerate? Better hardware? Better at being buggy? Better at being a ghost town faster than console equivalent? Better at finding cheaters?

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Define better? Better framerate? Better hardware? Better at being buggy? Better at being a ghost town faster than console equivalent? Better at finding cheaters?

Yes.  And the ghost town thing is laughable because games now are becoming cross-play :juggle: 

LMAO caring about cheaters... none of us are competitive MP gamers here.  LMAO competitive console games.. rofl.  Esports are dominated by PC.. the only esports that do well on consoles are fighting games.

6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Better at everything. 

It's about as good as the highest settings, resolution, and framerate you can support reasonably. I'm not into PC gaming like I used to be, but seeing that you're new to the game I can understand. For me it's not convenient, it's expensive and keyboard/mouse isn't suited for most genres of games I play.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yes.  And the ghost town thing is laughable because games now are becoming cross-play :juggle: 

LMAO caring about cheaters... non of us are competitive MP gamers here.  LMAO competitive console games.. rofl.  Esports are dominated by PC.. the only esports that do well on consoles are fighting games.

Cross-play games are still few and very far between. It's only relevant if you play garbage like Fortnite and the GOTG Rocket League (per Voidler).

No one cares about eSports and that has no bearing on finding cheaters more often in PC games than console games so not sure what you're talking about or how that's relevant.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It's about as good as the highest settings, resolution, and framerate you can support reasonably. I'm not into PC gaming like I used to be, but seeing that you're new to the game I can understand. For me it's not convenient, it's expensive and keyboard/mouse isn't suited for most genres of games I play.

Cross-play games are still few and very far between. It's only relevant if you play garbage like Fortnite and the GOTG Rocket League (per Voidler).

No one cares about eSports and that has no bearing on finding cheaters more often in PC games than console games so not sure what you're talking about or how that's relevant.

Truth be told.  I've been building PCs since 2000. 

I only pretended to be a console fanboy mainly because when I first joined here there was no faction for SEGA and I was trying to relive the 90s 16-bit console war.    I eventually gravitated to Xbox because they were the underdog here and I felt they could give both Sony and Nintendo a run for their money which they did last gen. 

I always knew PC was superior, which you would find that I often detest us including PC in system wars because I felt it was just unfair.   It be like including the Arcade in comparison with a 90s game system. 

Truth be told.  I've been building PCs since 2000. 

I only pretended to be a console fanboy mainly because when I first joined here there was no faction for SEGA and I was trying to relive the 90s 16-bit console war.    I eventually gravitated to Xbox because they were the underdog here and I felt they could give both Sony and Nintendo a run for their money which they did last gen. 

I always knew PC was superior, which you would find that I often detest us including PC in system wars because I felt it was just unfair.   It be like including the Arcade in comparison with a 90s game system. 

That's as long as I've been building them, but I build my PCs out as workstations rather than gaming stations.

Every system is welcome in System Wars. PC isn't the end all be all of gaming.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Eh, the cheaters thing is overblown.

Anyway.. I understand console gaming though, and why it's appealing to many people.  Also, the simple truth is that these next gen consoles are going to be right there with top of the line PCs.  Pushing resolution up is becoming less important than ever.. and the basic advantage of PC is mostly framerate.  This is mostly due to the fact that AAA game development is so expensive and to really push the envelope you need to have access to the best tools (mo-cap ect) which means that if the hardware isn't a bottleneck, time and budget and access to resources, are.  So console gaming has pretty much caught up again.

For me personally, I love the PC and prefer it over consoles any day of the week, but really.. with games and development and where the industry is going... just play on whatever device you like. :yeshrug: 

I think the nail in the coffin for console gaming will be with the mass adaption of crossplay from developers.  

It would feasibly make very little since to continue play consoles, unless you just cannot afford somewhat decent PC hardware ($500+).  

When console makers just nickel and dime you for online pay-to-play. 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Eh, the cheaters thing is overblown.

Anyway.. I understand console gaming though, and why it's appealing to many people.  Also, the simple truth is that these next gen consoles are going to be right there with top of the line PCs.  Pushing resolution up is becoming less important than ever.. and the basic advantage of PC is mostly framerate.  This is mostly due to the fact that AAA game development is so expensive and to really push the envelope you need to have access to the best tools (mo-cap ect) which means that if the hardware isn't a bottleneck, time and budget and access to resources, are.  So console gaming has pretty much caught up again.

For me personally, I love the PC and prefer it over consoles any day of the week, but really.. with games and development and where the industry is going... just play on whatever device you like. :yeshrug: 

It is definitely overblown and consoles aren't immune to it either.

My rule of thumb has really just become play where my friends play and that is, understandably, on consoles. It's cheaper and easier for them.

8 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Where did I say this wasn't happening? As memory serves Remij was expecting an announcement for this like a year ago and I struck it down.

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Dynocrap most definitely ran away. He's shook. There is absolutely no doubt about it.

I expect him to come here and try to play stupid and not know what's going on. He'll pull a shoulder muscle with all that shrugging.:tom:

You called it :tophat2:

• Haha 1