If I told this old hardware plays Shadow of the Tomb Raider better than PS4 Pro

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, because there's two GPU's in there which are roughly 60% more powerful than the Pro's GPU when combined.

Running games at console settings shows you just how far ahead PC hardware really is in some cases.  The settings above that like Ultra and shit are completely wasted vs the performance cost.  

Cows are in serious denial right now 

21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yes, because there's two GPU's in there which are roughly 60% more powerful than the Pro's GPU when combined.

And more powerful than the Xbox One X version as well.

Those GTX 670's are delivering 2.7 TFLOPS each, for 5.4 TFLOPS, and since those are nVidia performance metrics, thats probably about 7TFLOPS in AMD GCN performance.

Yeah those old nVidia gpus in SLI would do the trick. Wonder what the cost was.

43 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I doubt it . Doesnt pro have a 60fps mode ? X does .

And probably not at the resolutions pro uses .

My setup is 1080p @ 30 frames.  

The TR benchmark was averaging 34fps.     Probably could achieve 60 frames if the CPU wasn't a major bottleneck.  

Running games at console settings shows you just how far ahead PC hardware really is in some cases.  The settings above that like Ultra and shit are completely wasted vs the performance cost.

If next gen console games focused on just pushing up and multiplying the factors of effects like how PC "ultra" settings do.. then they'll perform like shit and the games wouldn't look that much better.

We'll get better effects and everything.. because the games will be designed around them.. not simply because they'll multiply the factors of them.

You can get a PRO/X1X tier experience off of modest hardware these days.  30fps at 4K is pretty easy at console settings isn't hard on mid range parts.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

The TR benchmark was averaging 34fps.     Probably could achieve 60 frames if the CPU wasn't a major bottleneck.  

Well pro and X both run higher resolutions than that at 30 and I'm not sure about pro but x has a 60fps mode . I'm assuming so does pro .

So , not really .

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If next gen console games focused on just pushing up and multiplying the factors of effects like how PC "ultra" settings do.. then they'll perform like shit and the games wouldn't look that much better.

We'll get better effects and everything.. because the games will be designed around them.. not simply because they'll multiply the factors of them.

You can get a PRO/X1X tier experience off of modest hardware these days.  30fps at 4K is pretty easy at console settings isn't hard on mid range parts.

The hardware would still be more expensive than pro and X why game on PC if your gaming at 30fps 

13 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

The X is as follows

• 1080p 60 FPS @ Xbox One base system settings
  • 1920x2160 30 FPS @ PC maximum settings (sparse rendered to 3840x2160)
  • Native 4K 30 FPS @ Xbox One base system settings

So I guess the X shits all over that PC. 

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

The hardware would still be more expensive than pro and X why game on PC if your gaming at 30fps 

The hardware is roughly the same cost as a PRO and X together... and you literally get most of the best games.

And on PC you have the choice... 4K 30.. 1440p 60.. 1080p 90.. whatever.  There's plenty of reasons.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The hardware is roughly the same cost as a PRO and X together... and you literally get most of the best games.

And on PC you have the choice... 4K 30.. 1440p 60.. 1080p 90.. whatever.  There's plenty of reasons.

Plenty of reason to choose both consoles over that . ShitBagMits LOL

Just now, JONBpc said:

Pro was a mistake . Maybe I'll get a ps5 .

It wouldn't be the first time you've talked massive shit about something and then went ahead and bought it. (an $800 Dell rofl)

Then you'll hate it... say that you never use it and want to get rid of it.. and then you'll claim that your opinion on it matters because you had one and know first hand

:drake: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

It wouldn't be the first time you've talked massive shit about something and then went ahead and bought it. (an $800 Dell rofl)

Then you'll hate it... say that you never use it and want to get rid of it.. and then you'll claim that your opinion on it matters because you had one and know first hand

I had an Nvidia GPU once, what a piece of shit. 

:tom:

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I just play about PC.  I game alot on PC.  Ps4 sucked tho . Idc about 90 percent of Sony 1st party. 

Next gen I'm not going to have 3 platforms I know that.  I cant even keep up with the free games on PC and gamepass now.