If I told this old hardware plays Shadow of the Tomb Raider better than PS4 Pro

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, because there's two GPU's in there which are roughly 60% more powerful than the Pro's GPU when combined.

Running games at console settings shows you just how far ahead PC hardware really is in some cases.  The settings above that like Ultra and shit are completely wasted vs the performance cost.  

Cows are in serious denial right now 

Just now, JONBpc said:

I just play about PC.  I game alot on PC.  Ps4 sucked tho . Idc about 90 percent of Sony 1st party. 

Next gen I'm not going to have 3 platforms I know that.  I cant even keep up with the free games on PC and gamepass now.

Me too.  I'm done with it.  PC and probably one console.  Which makes the choice pretty obvious.  I don't want all this shit again.  PS4 was a huge waste for the first 2-3 years..

The CPU is shit in X and Pro. It's a fact. It was terrible even in 2013 and it got a slight overclock.

With Navi, Zen 2 and an SSD it's looking like PS5/XBox will be better for the time of their release than PS4/One were to their respective years of launch though, with less severe bottleneck imbalances. Don't forget we are looking at 400-500 hardware here with a controller included.

Edited by Team 2019
17 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The CPU is shit in X and Pro. It's a fact. It was terrible even in 2013 and it got a slight overclock.

Well the Pro side got just an overclock, the X's CPU got some IPC improvements on top of its overclock.

Both shit arguably but not all shit is created equal. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Love to hear what this means from someone who has played none of them

I've played a lot of them . And you know exactly what I mean. 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I've played a lot of them . And you know exactly what I mean. 

LMAO you've played next to none.

So what does it mean? You mean ZERO story in a game? you mean an Arcade esque game like Resogun? What do you mean?

Do you think AC Odyssey is a 'gamey game'? 

Was Halo a gamey game?

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Aco is not a gamey game 

Halo 5 is a gamey game 

I've played enough of them to know what they are gonna give everyone 

You literally kept your PS4 for the shit first 3 years then sold it and have missed out on the best sony first party spree in forever to then focus soley on MS when they started their worst run in their history :D No one here has had a worse gen than you

According to your logic not a single open world game is a 'gamey game' then. Spiderman, Horizon and Day Gone are all less cutscene heavy then what are considered the best in that genre (RDR2 and Witcher 3). Spiderman in particular is probably the most gameplay focused open world since Sunset Overdrive, while also having an amazing story. 

Halo series overall has a far higher story/cutscene to gameplay ratio then nearly all Sony games that aren't ND or Quantic Dreams, not to mention it has a far higher cutscene to gameplay ratio than ACO, Horizon, Days Gone, Spiderman, Infamous, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Knack, GT Sport, etc etc.

15 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You literally kept your PS4 for the shit first 3 years then sold it and have missed out on the best sony first party spree in forever to then focus soley on MS when they started their worst run in their history :D No one here has had a worse gen than you

According to your logic not a single open world game is a 'gamey game' then. Spiderman, Horizon and Day Gone are all less cutscene heavy then what are considered the best in that genre (RDR2 and Witcher 3). Spiderman in particular is probably the most gameplay focused open world since Sunset Overdrive, while also having an amazing story. 

Halo series overall has a far higher story/cutscene to gameplay ratio then nearly all Sony games that aren't ND or Quantic Dreams, not to mention it has a far higher cutscene to gameplay ratio than ACO, Horizon, Days Gone, Spiderman, Infamous, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush, Knack, GT Sport, etc etc.

I'm not sure why you get mad when I dont want to play sonys samey movie games . Cutscenes  have nothing to do with it .

Spiderman is a gamey game but I have no interest in spiderman . He is gay . If it was batman or something cool then yes I'd play it .

I have a PC too ya know . So that literally leaves like 3 Sony games a year I'll miss , and the majority of them I dont care about .

Sorry this triggers you. 

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We've done comparisons. Gearsand Halo basically have the same cutscene ratio as something like Horizon.

Doesn't get more gamey than Bloodborne.

Horizon has like just over 3h of cutscenes and is a 40 hour game. That's less than 10%.

Halo 2 has over an hour of cutscenes and is 7 hour game.

They are worse than Sony open world games. 

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I'm not sure why you get mad when I dont want to play sonys samey movie games . Cutscenes  have nothing to do with it .

Spiderman is a gamey game but I have no interest in spiderman . He is gay . If it was batman or something cool then yes I'd play it .

I have a PC too ya know . So that literally leaves like 3 Sony games a year I'll miss , and the majority of them I dont care about .

Sorry this triggers you. 

As usual, you jump off your argument and talk about something else.

I don't care if you don't play some of the best games every year. I just enjoy making you look dumb when you continually sprout this 'movie game', 'gamey game' crap when you don't apply the same standards to anything else. 

Remember how you love Hellblade :D More cutscene and less gameplay than even Detroit or The Order lol

I did like hellblade.  Not sure how that relates to rosscharted 4 , as of they are even remotely the same .

Also not sure why you created an argument stating I said cutscenes make sonys games samey . You stupid fucking idiot .

Stop trying to me look dumb when your brain barely even functions . Retard .

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Horizon has like just over 3h of cutscenes and is a 40 hour game. That's less than 10%.

Halo 2 has over an hour of cutscenes and is 7 hour game.

They are worse than Sony open world games. 

Halo 2 is 9 hours and has 50 minutes of cutscenes. 

Horizon is 22 hours and has 3 hours of cutscenes. 

Do the math, no actually I will.

Halo 2: 9.25% cutscenes

Horizon: 13.63% cutscenes

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Halo 2 is 9 hours and has 50 minutes of cutscenes. 

Horizon is 22 hours and has 3 hours of cutscenes. 

Do the math. 

LMAO, you're comparing the entirety of Halo 2 to beelining the story only in an Open world game?

Horizon is 40+ just main and side quests. 60 for plat.

Just now, madmaltese said:

LMAO, you're comparing the entirety of Halo 2 to beelining the story only in an Open world game?

Horizon is 40+ just main and side quests. 60 for plat.

It's a 22 hour game to beat the story. Halo 2 is a 9 hour game to beat the story. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!