Brad Sams talks about his Xbox E3 predictions

You didn't even post the most important part.

This was hard info to lock down mostly becuase I dont think Microsoft fully knows yet, they just started getting production samples from AMD and performance output can vary widely right now with simple things like adjustments to clock speeds etc. Among those talked to, who absolutely would know this information, these performance figures were the consuses of the group.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console   

So many retarded comments in this thread now.

My hype is slowly increasing for this E3 thanks to MS. They truly are just fascinating to watch atm. Plus in a future streaming war between MS, Google and Amazon, I definitely would want MS to win.

Just now, Remij_ said:

What's important about that? :wonder: 

Read it.

1.) Microsoft still not set on power figures.

2.) Production samples.

This means that final silicon is closer to being finalized than most thought.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Read it.

1.) Microsoft still not set on power figures.

2.) Production samples.

This means that final silicon is closer to being finalized than most thought.

I dunno... I assumed silicon is pretty close to being final at this point, with them basically adjusting clocks and tuning performance based on what cooling the console design allows for.

Doesn't seem that surprising.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I dunno... I assumed silicon is pretty close to being final at this point, with them basically adjusting clocks and tuning performance based on what cooling the console design allows for.

Doesn't seem that surprising.

Considering we know close to nothing about the next generation Xbox it seems pretty surprising to me. Seems pretty early to already be looking at production samples. I was expecting maybe Q4 or Q1 2020. I read it that the next generation Xbox APU is design complete and now it's just time to work out any of the wrinkles. This lends some credit to the rumor that the design possibly not being as custom as we all thought it to be.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Considering we know close to nothing about the next generation Xbox it seems pretty surprising to me. Seems pretty early to already be looking at production samples. I was expecting maybe Q4 or Q1 2020. I read it that the next generation Xbox APU is design complete and now it's just time to work out any of the wrinkles. This lends some credit to the rumor that the design possibly not being as custom as we all thought it to be.

Hmm.  Well, who knows?  I think it will be pretty custom... but nothing well beyond what Sony is doing obviously.  I feel they are both at about the same spot right now.  They essentially have the specs locked down outside of frequencies and possibly memory a year or so in advance.  It seems pretty normal to me.. but then again, I wasn't ever expecting Xbox to have some wildly exotic thing.

We'll know a bit more soon enough anyway.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Hmm.  Well, who knows?  I think it will be pretty custom... but nothing well beyond what Sony is doing obviously.  I feel they are both at about the same spot right now.  They essentially have the specs locked down outside of frequencies and possibly memory a year or so in advance.  It seems pretty normal to me.. but then again, I wasn't ever expecting Xbox to have some wildly exotic thing.

We'll know a bit more soon enough anyway.

I think Sony is going the same route as well outside the possible implementation of their custom SSD I/O shit that was laid out in those patents. Some speculate that Sony investigated storage I/O so heavily so they didn't have to put so much RAM in the box to keep costs down, but I don't know, seems a bit of a stretch.

To be more clear about why it's surprising is because close-to-production silicon of the PS4 didn't hit dev studios until launch year.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Before we talk about PS5, we need to know where their price will fall $400 or $500. I insist they hit $400 as the best scenario.

Looking like $499 to me. 7nm isn't cheap and neither is the RAM (especially if they actually do use HBM2). Don't expect Microsoft to disclose pricing.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

If they're the same price the power difference will be irrelevant, unless some fucked up. Both are likely not fucking up.

Based on Todd Howard's comments it seems likely that both boxes are going to be pretty close in terms of power. The only difference being that Microsoft is going to the retard route by splitting their user base with two machines.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Based on Todd Howard's comments it seems likely that both boxes are going to be pretty close in terms of power. The only difference being that Microsoft is going to the retard route by splitting their user base with two machines.

They don't want tonoose money and have an emergency 100 dollar price cut, so they got a gimp box for that. Lockhart is a joke though.

I remember when the Xbox One X was coming out, there were some lemmings in this forum who were trying to say that if you don't have a 4K tv already, then you're completely outdated.

Microsoft is trying to stay alive with a 1080p "next-gen" console.

This will also help one of my previous arguments because next-gen graphics is not really about resolution, even though these same lemmings tried peddling just that.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I remember when the Xbox One X was coming out, there were some lemmings in this forum who were trying to say that if you don't have a 4K tv already, then you're completely outdated.

This will also help one of my previous arguments because next-gen graphics is not really about resolution, even though these same lemmings tried peddling just that.

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console :tom:

ps4-pro-lead-image-console-01-eu-19sep17

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console :tom:

ps4-pro-lead-image-console-01-eu-19sep17

I like how in order for his joke to work, you have to gloss over the fact that his setup line absolutely makes no sense.:drake:

Poor guy is almost as desperate as Microsoft. He even had to lower the intelligibility of his joke by one-quarter, as well. LOL

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I like how in order for his joke to work, you have to gloss over the fact that his setup line absolutely makes no sense.:drake:

Poor guy is almost as desperate as Microsoft. He even had to lower the intelligibility of his joke by one-quarter, as well. LOL

Makes no sense lol...

"Hey this game doesn't have a perfect framerate at this 1440p'ish resolution on the Pro, let's disable system super-sampling and play at 1080p"

"Best on Pro, at 1080p"

:hest: Idiot

34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Same game , same graphics,  you dont think the version in 4k will look better ? Rofl 

20 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The whole point of next gen is a full jump. Anaconda is supposed to give that.

The idea of a gimp Lockhart goes against the whole point of next gen, MS begging people buy into it just because it's cheap.

It would most likely be the same exact graphics , tech , etc just in a higher resolution.