Brad Sams talks about his Xbox E3 predictions

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

If they don't innovative with the Dualshock 5 it would be a very big mistake.

What other ideas do you have besides a controller that can be split? I thought the touchpad for DualShock 4 was a great addition that was quickly forgotten and completely under utilized by Sony. Days Gone actually has a good implementation for it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems like Sony is trying to stay alive with a 1080p current gen console   

So many retarded comments in this thread now.

My hype is slowly increasing for this E3 thanks to MS. They truly are just fascinating to watch atm. Plus in a future streaming war between MS, Google and Amazon, I definitely would want MS to win.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

And yet the Playstation team was STUNNED to learn about it...  Seems like it does affect them.

And there's no semantics argument... You said the future of Playstation... well, sorry to break it to you... but the future of Playstation involves streaming... and their dealings with MS will affect that.

Next time... say what you actually mean.

You're literally making another SEMANTICS argument.

Oh really..............they were "stunned"? :tom: I guess the use of that single adjective proves your entire theory

Sony executives bothered to not even speak to their team that created the most successful PS console since the PS2, because they knew better about the future of video games.

Yes....that makes perfect sense. LOL

Edited by jehurey
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Asymmetrical sticks, it needs to happen. They need to give up the "we don't want to make something similar to Xbox" nonsense, it's clear what people like and want. 

This is definitely not going to happen. This isn't about being similar to Xbox nor is Xbox even relevant for DualShock's design. The symmetrical design of DualShock is preferred by many and is what identifies as a PlayStation controller... just like how Sony isn't going to change the cross, square, triangle and circle for A, B, X and Y.

Just now, lynux3 said:

What other ideas do you have besides a controller that can be split? I thought the touchpad for DualShock 4 was a great addition that was quickly forgotten and completely under utilized by Sony. Days Gone actually has a good implementation for it.

I already came up with a bunch of ideas.

-fingerprint scanner in the guide/home button that will automatically log whoever grabs a controller into their profile on the console synced with those controllers

-Force feedback analog sticks (wouldn't likely get much use out of 3rd party.. but Sony and MS' first party teams could do cool stuff with it for their games

-Haptic feedback on every button

-dual stage analog triggers

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

-fingerprint scanner in the guide/home button that will automatically log whoever grabs a controller into their profile on the console synced with those controllers

-Force feedback analog sticks (wouldn't likely get much use out of 3rd party.. but Sony and MS' first party teams could do cool stuff with it for their games

Now this is a lot more appealing than splitting a controller in two that wasn't designed for it. A fingerprint sensor would actually be really nice for security, purchasing or profiling users with restrictions. That's a cool idea.

I'd say that the PS5 controller does split up, however, that is not the full VR controller, the PS5 controller would be plugged into a housing that has additional sensors, finger detection sensors, those rings around it to protect your hand, and some straps that hold the controller in your hand without you needing to grip it.

And then when you're done with VR, you just take the PS5 controller halves out of that VR add-on and combine the PS5 controller back together.

Wouldn't surprise me if the PS5 controller had ergonomic changes so that it could fit better in that VR shell.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You're literally making another SEMANTICS argument.

Oh really..............they were "stunned"? :tom: I guess the use of that single adjective proves your entire theory

Sony executives bothered to not even speak to their team that created the most successful PS console since the PS2, because they knew better about the future of video games.

Yes....that makes perfect sense. LOL

"Sony announces deal to work with MS to further mutual gaming ambitions"

Nope.. doesn't affect Playstation at all - Jederpy :lemming: 

The team was stunned because it definitely affects them... their execs kept them out of the loop. 

And LOL... PS4 is only as successful as it is because MS completely fuck up in the beginning and couldn't recover.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

2 hr controller battery life incoming. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Eh, not really.  Probably similar battery life as current controllers.

But the price wouldn't,  nor the durability which is already poor .

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Which one? PS4's controller battery is like 6 hours while the Xbox One with rechargeables is like 20. 

PS4 battery life is only 4.

Xbox1 controllers doesn't have as many sensors as PS4 or Switch. 

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

What the hell are dual stage triggers.

They have the same throw as a typical analog trigger, but right before they bottom out, they actually click, as a button.

On the Steam controller for example, which has them.. you could make it so that when you pull the trigger in partially it will "aim down the sights" but then when you fully press it and click the button it fires.

It feels really nice.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Which one? PS4's controller battery is like 6 hours while the Xbox One with rechargeables is like 20. 

somewhere in between.  Probably 10-15 hours.

Just now, Remij_ said:

"Sony announces deal to work with MS to further mutual gaming ambitions"

Nope.. doesn't affect Playstation at all - Jederpy :lemming: 

The team was stunned because it definitely affects them... their execs kept them out of the loop. 

And LOL... PS4 is only as successful as it is because MS completely fuck up in the beginning and couldn't recover.

Now your whittling down your argument.

I already said that its probably a lateral move for PS Now.

And that move is merely Sony getting a cheaper deal for server space. That's why the PS hardware team doesn't have to know about it, because its a change in facilities to provide something that they already have.

It'd be like Sony changing from using TSMC to manufacture the PS5 CPU/GPU to using Global Foundries to manufacture the same exact CPU/GPU. If both fabs have the same ability to process the same type of chip, then upper level Sony execs would try to negotiate for the best deal.

It has no bearing on the Playstation.  You know this.........why are you pretending to play naive?

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

But the price wouldn't,  nor the durability which is already poor .

Price would be similar... this isn't that amazing of tech guys.

$70 for a controller probably.