NPD hardware results - May 2019. Xbox lowest in 5 years.

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

That wasn't an answer . And it was meant to close the gap ? Link for that as well please .

Just now, Team 2019 said:

No one builds new hardware without a sales or business goal period. If it selling shit in a box improved the business, they would.

Speaking to Metro, Xbox boss Phil Spencer freely admitted that the Xbox One X is not intended to sweep average gamers off their feet and send Microsoft catapulting past Sony this generation.

“We have two consoles in our line: Xbox One S, now for sale for $249 in the US, and Xbox One X, the most powerful console. And the majority of consoles we will sell next year will be the S. There’s no doubt about that,” he said.

“Most of the people will say, ‘I want a console that plays the games I wanna go play, and I feel great about the experience.”

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can talk about end of console cycle and all that but with the services and offers MS has been doing they certainly would have hoped to see some uptick in performance. This is absolutely nothing li

Exactly.... Nex gen is 16 months away and Xbox1 is already doing 86k.... it's going to get even worse....waaaaaay worse between now and Holiday 2020.   It's ironic that the fate DynamiteCop

YoY dawg!!!!!

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Speaking to Metro, Xbox boss Phil Spencer freely admitted that the Xbox One X is not intended to sweep average gamers off their feet and send Microsoft catapulting past Sony this generation.

“We have two consoles in our line: Xbox One S, now for sale for $249 in the US, and Xbox One X, the most powerful console. And the majority of consoles we will sell next year will be the S. There’s no doubt about that,” he said.

“Most of the people will say, ‘I want a console that plays the games I wanna go play, and I feel great about the experience.”

Its sales pitch was aimed at the so called enthusiast gamer.

Benji-Sales @BenjiSales

Biggest sales related question on my mind?

Which sold more total Worldwide, MK11 or Days Gone

Days Gone has SIGNIFICANTLY outsold MK11 in every single market we have data for except the US. Japan, UK, Germany, France, Spain, etc its higher

But US MK11 dominates so who knows

Benji-Sales @BenjiSales

For added perspective on why I'm curious about this

The gap between Days Gone and MK11 in physical units between UK, Spain, and Japan alone is roughly 300k in favor of Days Gone. That's only 3 markets and in general Days Gone is performing better across mainland Europe and Asia

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Pro was a mistake

Not really, considering its outselling the X.:drake:

Here in a bit, Gamestop's trade-in value for the XBX is going to fall below the PS4pro.:tom:

After all...............its now officially fallen behind the Switch and is now #3 console for this gen.

You can talk about end of console cycle and all that but with the services and offers MS has been doing they certainly would have hoped to see some uptick in performance. This is absolutely nothing like the end of last gen when PS3 regained all lost ground on 360 and ended up matching them (or surpassing) in total sales with a year less on the market and then Sony carried that momentum into this gen. MS is making a lot of great consumer moves but there has been zero positive reaction in the market at all, not even the US which is without a doubt their most important market. 

All that while now competing against a full strength Nintendo and a Sony that is at it's highest point ever, with more IP power than it's ever had and ending the cycle with Death Stranding and The Last of Us 2, carrying that momentum into next gen. 

• Like 2

I think DynamiteCop is our own local Micheal Patcher. 

Bbbut it won't run at 720p at 60fps.... oh wait it does? 

Bbbut it's maxed out they won't patch in anything..... oh wait they improved it since launch? 

Bbbbut MK11 wouldn't sell on Switch, no one would purchase it anyways... oh wait it was number 1 in April?  

Bbbut it will fall of a cliff next month on Switch... just watch...... oh wait... it's still top 5 on Switch? 

:leo: