PowerUp! - 6.3/10

Trusted Reviews - 4/5
Guardian - 4/5
Attack of the Fanboy - 3/5

Hobby Consolas - 80/100
PC Gamer - 79/100
COGconnected - 69/100

ACG - Wait for a sale

USgamer - Unscored (We haven't played Wolfenstein: Youngblood's online co-op yet, but here are our early impressions.)
Ars Technica - Unscored (Buy it if you have an ideal co-op partner, want a simpler co-op alternative to MMO-like shooters, or just really, really like newer Wolfenstein games. Otherwise, proceed with caution.)
VG247 - Unscored (Most of its good points are inherited from the last game, and while the excellent level design improvements are welcome, there’s not enough variety to get the most out of them.)
Polygon - Unscored (Youngblood is a meat-and-potatoes first-person shooter where all the systems work well, the enemies provide a brutal challenge, and a friend can come along with you through the whole thing. It seems like it was designed as a relatively inexpensive crowd-pleaser of an FPS, and I will admit that I was very entertained

59 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

3.7 User Score

What are people butthurt about now? Bethesda launcher instead of Steam?

Probably the nazis are offended they're the enemies in this game. :mj:

Edited by Ike
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

3.7 User Score

You play as B.J.'s daughters (It's a co-op game) so there's the social outrage; but it's also got lootboxes, and the AI sucks if you don't team up with another person. The AI in most cases doesn't target the enemies even if you've tagged them. There's also some cringe with regards to the interaction between the daughters.

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

What the fuck? :D

Sorry, maybe that's not correct (my sleep pattern is all fucked up atm) but there are gold bars as in previous games, and you purchase them in order to get cosmetics and upgrades to your guns.

Here's from a STEAM reviewer who explains it:

There are 2 currency - Silver Coin (loot in-game), Gold Bar (premium with real cash)
Things you can purchase in game.
- Suit skin
- Helmet
- Weapon skin
- Melee skin
- Weapon upgrade
All of these can be purchased with EITHER silver coin OR gold bar. Absolutely NOTHING is barred behind premium currency.

53 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

You play as B.J.'s daughters (It's a co-op game) so there's the social outrage; but it's also got lootboxes, and the AI sucks if you don't team up with another person. The AI in most cases doesn't target the enemies even if you've tagged them. There's also some cringe with regards to the interaction between the daughters.

lmao imagine being such an incel ass neckbeard you're mad you gotta play as a girl.

should be happy, it's their only change of interacting with a female. 

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

3.7 User Score

The leads are women who kills Nazis. 

The insecure right wing incels are triggered by this :lupe:

Lots of little changes/additions in this game that im really not a fan of

-Feels too much like a score attack shooter, all you see is XP indicators and level up notifications all over the place. Sometimes this feels more like Bulletstorm and not Wolfenstein.

-They added giant health bars above enemies which can actually be incredibly distracting. And AFAIK theres no way to turn them off

-Even if you play solo the typical online game rules are forced on you - which basically means you can't pause whether you're in game or watching cutscenes

-Its more open ended, but not in a good way. Theres more open levels that you can travel around and theres side quests that take place in those areas. But all that does is hurt the pacing. In fact, the main story missions i have in my quest log all have skull icons where the level requirement usually is, this makes me think that im going to be forced to grind out the side missions and level up in order to be strong enough to continue the main story

-The main characters are actually really annoying, and not even in a teenage girl type of way. Some of the dialogue is just plain bad.

-There is a premium currency which is a bit hard to swallow. The in-game currency has allowed me to buy a bunch of weapon upgrades so i've still been progressing at a decent rate without running into any pay2win barriers.

It was only $30 on PC, so its hard to be too tough on it, but i do hope this isn't indicative of the type of design they're going to continue iterating on. I'd prefer it if they just cut out the Open world/RPG fluff and made another awesome linear shooter that gets straight to the point.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lots of little changes/additions in this game that im really not a fan of

-Feels too much like a score attack shooter, all you see is XP indicators and level up notifications all over the place. Sometimes this feels more like Bulletstorm and not Wolfenstein.

-They added giant health bars above enemies which can actually be incredibly distracting. And AFAIK theres no way to turn them off

-Even if you play solo the typical online game rules are forced on you - which basically means you can't pause whether you're in game or watching cutscenes

-Its more open ended, but not in a good way. Theres more open levels that you can travel around and theres side quests that take place in those areas. But all that does is hurt the pacing. In fact, the main story missions i have in my quest log all have skull icons where the level requirement usually is, this makes me think that im going to be forced to grind out the side missions and level up in order to be strong enough to continue the main story

-The main characters are actually really annoying, and not even in a teenage girl type of way. Some of the dialogue is just plain bad.

-There is a premium currency which is a bit hard to swallow. The in-game currency has allowed me to buy a bunch of weapon upgrades so i've still been progressing at a decent rate without running into any pay2win barriers.

It was only $30 on PC, so its hard to be too tough on it, but i do hope this isn't indicative of the type of design they're going to continue iterating on. I'd prefer it if they just cut out the Open world/RPG fluff and made another awesome linear shooter that gets straight to the point.

the health bars and xp pop ups look so out of place. i hate that every single game turns into a RPG.