Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

didn't bite

Arguably?  It's not even close.

+

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Animations. 

It's why ND is always the best too. 

Gears 5 looks super from a static point of view but there isn't the little lifelike touches that games like UC and RDR2 have done in the animation department. 

Not to mention RDR2 was open world.

Animation that made pressing X a 3 second long unresponsive pos.

Rdr has the realism.  I hope your PC monitor has hdr .

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I dunno lol

If you're in the campaign and it disconnects it seems fine but not while loading up. Strange. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

Animation that made pressing X a 3 second long unresponsive pos.

Rdr has the realism.  I hope your PC monitor has hdr .

Not talking about those, I am the general movement animations and the way the world just looked alive. It's was freakish at some points like through the forest and riding along. 

Like for eg, when you get to Act 2 and get to the hub world then you can sort of start comparing directly because you see what Gears sacrifices to become a little open world. Still looks fn unreal, but since everyone is talking about 'the best' I'd still give it to RDR2 atm. 

Regardless, it's all just until TLoU2 comes out. 

10 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Also outside of gears 1 , act 1 was probably my favorite act in a gears game ever. 

Ik guessing things fall apart a bit , cause that act was 10 10 

The first act of Gears 5 is better than anything in Gears 4 :D 

About your stuttering.  I'm not getting it.  Are you sure you don't have it set to the Ultra textures?  That shit requires 8GB of ram, but even people with 8GB GPUs are saying that it's causing stuttering and it goes away after changing textures to high.

Yeah Act 1 is superb. Curious to hear how you feel the switch to Act 2 is for yous. Cause they really couldn’t have made it any more jarring. Epic, fast paced, action packed, classic linear Gears and then a giant hand brake stop in pacing and switch to hub world then open world. 

I’ve just went with what the recommended settings for my pc were. Reckon I should try pushing it to ultra with a 1080ti Remij?

I do have them , the bench said only used 4gb , msi says about 5.5. My vram never maxed .

It does seem like vsync stutters. I'll uninstall them tomo and try . Seems lots of people are having issues with it . No surprise pc gaming after all LOL

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah Act 1 is superb. Curious to hear how you feel the switch to Act 2 is for yous. Cause they really couldn’t have made it any more jarring. Epic, fast paced, action packed, classic linear Gears and then a giant hand brake stop in pacing and switch to hub world then open world. 

I’ve just went with what the recommended settings for my pc were. Reckon I should try pushing it to ultra with a 1080ti Remij?

I had everything at ultra on my 2060 and outside the stutters it never went under 60fps . That's 1080p , so I'm sure your card could do ultra 1440p

And yeah act 2 felt like I walked into the world of fallout 

• Upvote 1