GearSJW 5: Physical sales down 20x from Gears 3, 4.5x from Gears 4 "mS shocked @ how Disastrously low" - ZhugeEX

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most people played it via gamepass. I spent to $2 on it and didn’t even want to bother with act 2. 

Yeah, my subscription ends in 7 weeks. I’m not going to renew. 

The best part about Xbox isn't the games, it's the damage control I come up with, and post to SW. 

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Worst collectors console ever. Soon every 60 dollar release on XBox will be a 5 dollar coffee spinner after a week. :puke:

yup. between the zero exclusives, massive amount of inferior versions, and zero limited run games, the physical market for 'Bone is worthless. 

We are truly at the end of the Xbox brand. MS themselves are vacating the physical marketplace.

More space for nintendo and Sony.

55 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

physical sales not the same as it was in the past, well duh. Most people obtain digital versions of games these days. 

Most people played it via gamepass. I spent to $2 on it and didn’t even want to bother with act 2. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Why pay $60 and you can pay $2.

The thing we won’t know if if these subs stay on for extended periods making the huge hit of outright sales somewhat worth it. Cause if not it’s a massive fail. 

They'll stay if the price remains at 2 bucks. If they revert it to 10 bucks the exodus will be massive.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

GamePass basically renders them irrelevant, this shouldn't be a shock.

The best part about Xbox isn't the games, it's the damage control I come up with, and post to SW. :idid:

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

GamePass basically renders their physical market irrelevant, this shouldn't be a shock.

it's exactly like how when you look up a boxed copy of a game that's currently on offer on games with gold or PS+, the physical copy is worth nothing more than a few bucks.

Except this is now the reality faced by every single game, including brand new AAA blockbuster releases.

You may as well light a match and drop it on your entire 60+ XBONE physical games collection. :geese: 

Edited by Bodycount N

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-16-emeaa-charts-slam-dunk-for-nba-2k20-in-launch-week

“Gears 5 -- one of two AAA exclusives published by Microsoft this year -- has snuck into the charts at No. 7. While this could be considered a lacking performance from an Xbox tentpole release in launch week, the numbers are no doubt impacted by the title's inclusion in the Xbox Game Pass subscription service, meaning it's impossible to tell how popular the game is without figures directly from Microsoft.”

Even the digital sales are shit. :D

15 minutes ago, bhytre said:

It's better this way :dame:

It only hurts that it was all done primarily from within and not because of the competition. 

bro :mjcry: that's the most honest xbox fan thing you can say :mjcry: 

Just to point out, a reminder.

Ever since GamePass has debuted, nobody at Microsoft has ever said they had crossed 10 million subscribers.

Not once.

Only last year, at X018, did Phil Spencer give a passing remark that they had "multiple millions" of subscribers.

There's supposed to be 40 million Xbox consoles out there..........how come they haven't crossed 10 million subscribers.

I suspect they'd have to be really close to that number now, with GamePass on PC and with this $2 promotion, they HAVE TO have gotten over that hump by now. Because if they haven't.....:francis: