DF Direct! Modern Games Look Amazing On CRT Monitors... Yes, Better than LCD!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

double nap   jonb is collecting Kool-Aid points from the back of packets for his next RTX game

That's what this is right here. Sony KV-32HS420. I had a widescreen Sony KD-34XBR960 but I found a 4:3 TV to be a better fit for what's hooked up to it.   

i played metro last light on it via pc. it looked amazing!

For the longest time, I held onto my 1600 x 1200 crt monitor, because it just seemed to pump out a better picture than any lcd HD monitor.  That thing weighed like 100 lbs lol 

Edited by -GD-

When i got my Xbox 360, I made sure to buy the VGA adapter for it so that I can play it on my computer monitor.  Gears looked great on it.

And then, I remember getting my Sony 34" WEGA tv, one of their last HDTV CRTs, if not the actual last one, right around the same time I finally got a PS3 in December 2006. I remember connecting my PS3 to my brother's large projection tv with a relatively dim bulb and playing the Resistance Fall of Man demo. It wasn't very impressive at all.

It wasn't until I picked up my big-ass tv from the local circuit city and carried the thing in and took it out of the box by myself did I hook up the PS3 again and played the Gran Turismo HD demo that Sony released in late December.  It looked absolutely brilliant, the intro movie alone blew me away.

Playing RE4 on Gamecube and having the ability for the tv to do a zoom to fill up the entire screen felt like a luxury.

Edited by jehurey

Hmm.  Does this also apply to CRT televisions?

I still have my old Samsung TR-W3075WH 1080i 30" CRT HDTV that I paid $899 for back in 2005.  Have been moving it with me where ever I went not willing to depart with it because I paid so much for it.   Plus it has an HDMI input which was impressive for it's time.

I still have my old 27" Sansui SDTV CRT, that my SEGA Genesis, SEGA CD/32X, and PS1 are attached to.

16 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Hmm.  Does this also apply to CRT televisions?

I still have my old Samsung TR-W3075WH 1080i 30" CRT HDTV that I paid $899 for back in 2005.  Have been moving it with me where ever I went not willing to depart with it because I paid so much for it.   Plus it has an HDMI input which was impressive for it's time.

I still have my old 27" Sansui SDTV CRT, that my SEGA Genesis, SEGA CD/32X, and PS1 are attached to.

True HD CRT with HDMI and Component connection are worth keeping.

My tv went out around 2014/2015 and I think I need to replace transistors on it, since it may not be receiving sufficient power to turn on the tube.  But I hear messing with power-related components can be dangerous on those tube tv's. So I want to research it or possibly find a guy who does TV repair.

my last ctr monitor had colour issues (putting out weird colours) so i had to slap that bitch a few times whenever it happened so it went back to normal. good times. 

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

True HD CRT with HDMI and Component connection are worth keeping.

My tv went out around 2014/2015 and I think I need to replace transistors on it, since it may not be receiving sufficient power to turn on the tube.  But I hear messing with power-related components can be dangerous on those tube tv's. So I want to research it or possibly find a guy who does TV repair.

That's what this is right here. Sony KV-32HS420. I had a widescreen Sony KD-34XBR960 but I found a 4:3 TV to be a better fit for what's hooked up to it. 

gnSVuVx.jpg

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Remember the early LCD's and how they had like a green hue to the light :scust2:

Ha yes! I didn’t jump into the HD scene for quite a while. Those awful, chunky colors and shit black levels = yuck 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This video made me decide to try hooking my 1600x1200 CRT monitor that I still have back up.

I'll try it out in a bit and see how it goes.

i played metro last light on it via pc. it looked amazing!

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This video made me decide to try hooking my 1600x1200 CRT monitor that I still have back up.

I'll try it out in a bit and see how it goes.

You might be able to run RT at that resolution :mj: