Gizmodo: PS5 devkit name Prospero, Scarlett focus on Camera

This aligns with an old rumour PS5 having a camera, as well as the controller.

1. PS5 devkit is named Prospero. He provided images earlier this year before anyone had seen the now leaked images.

2. PS5 and Scarlett will both use different techniques and approaches to Ray Tracing. He left cryptic hints which the site refused to print.

3. Xbox Scarlet'a kit has a huge emphasis on Camera. The current camera is capable of 4K with a 2ms lag! There are demos of Snapchat like lighting changes. Meanwhile, PS5 uses older camera tech.

4. He says both consoles will have the largest compute jump of any generation.

Both will use different technices and approaches to ray tracing????

bu but I was told that Nvidia's ray tracing tech was going to be obsolete because AMD would have a superior RT tech which would be utilized across next gen consoles...

:hehe: 

if the cameras are true, i hope they don't influence the gameplay in any way. if it's for that stupid youtube/twitch shit, where the game records you as it records your game, that's fine. i just don't want kinect 2.0. just give me a capable system with a solid price and excellent exclusives..and sold. 

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

if the cameras are true, i hope they don't influence the gameplay in any way. if it's for that stupid youtube/twitch shit, where the game records you as it records your game, that's fine. i just don't want kinect 2.0. just give me a capable system with a solid price and excellent exclusives..and sold. 

I think it will be solely to augment the user experience.  Things like automatically signing into your profile.. verification for purchases, ect ect.  Probably also will be built right into the front of the console.

Not another kinect imo.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij_ said:

I think it will be solely to augment the user experience.  Things like automatically signing into your profile.. verification for purchases, ect ect.  Probably also will be built right into the front of the console.

Not another kinect imo.

makes sense. phones are using that stuff. 

MS should focus on a $99-199 box with heavy focus on streaming and gay camera functionality for casuals and non-gamers, that's their market. Along with their lame SJW saturday morning queer kid's network style of games, I could see the console doing well with instagram/snapchat kiddies of the millennial generation.

Remember, google stadia is only $159, so if MS is over that much next to their main competitor,  they're fucked.

$99 is the sweet spot for MS, + they will have gamepass on PS5 and Switch to keep them afloat.

Just now, Bodycount N said:

MS should focus on a $99-199 box with heavy focus on streaming and gay camera functionality for casuals and non-gamers, that's their market. Along with their lame SJW saturday morning queer kid's network style of games, I could see the console doing well with instagram/snapchat kiddies of the millennial generation.

Remember, google stadia is only $159, so if MS is over that much next to their main competitor,  they're fucked.

$99 is the sweet spot for MS, + they will have gamepass on PS5 and Switch to keep them afloat.

tenor.gif?itemid=14133648

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

ezgif-1-dec1eadf7e76.gif

Truth hurts.

Thurrott has published the full memo, and it reveals that Spencer feels validated by Google’s efforts. “Their announcement is validation of the path we embarked on two years ago,” says Spencer. Microsoft is also creating its own cloud gaming service, dubbed xCloud, that will rival Google and many others for streaming games to phones, tablets, PCs, and TVs. Microsoft recently demonstrated xCloud publicly for the first time, and it’s promising trials of the service later this year.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/20/18273991/google-stadia-microsoft-xbox-phil-spencer-response-comments

The traditional gaming space is covered by Sony and Nintendo, Phil has transitioned Xbox into a sub-platform for non-gamers like Stadia. That's their competition now.

this gay camera news is proof, MS needs a gimmick platform. Some of their sterile safe-space games like Gays5, Sea of theives, and whatever other feminist crap they're cooking up could be big hits again this way.

Smart move by Phil.

Edited by Bodycount N