Whats a good future proof PC in October 2019?

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It seems like you know a bit but not enough to make informed decisions I guess. That pre-built I selected above would be the most competent and cost effective for what you want to do with no hassle on your end. 

Exactly lol I know a bit but not enough

thats why Im unsure about amd

at least with nvidia its simply 1050 - 1060 - 1070 etc

I swear I see so many random numbers with amd. 580 and a 5700 and vega. Whats what lol

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a 1200 dollar video card and being trolled into doing 1080p benchmarks LOL

Well here's the biggest question before we can even start, what's your financial, performance and resolution target?

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Infinity-X88-GTX-Gaming-PC

I was gonna go that route

change water cooling to a decent fan cooler

add 3 more case fans

Change the ssds to just a 4tb 7200rpm hdd (sue me)

change the case to one that supports a dvd drive

2 x 8gb 3000mhz ddr4

uograde to gold 750/850w power supply

then either the 2060 or 2070. Word on here though is that rtx flopped? So maybe 2060 and upgrade later

Any good?

The only thing I would advise against is the 2060 or 2070, they're not good for RTX so they're basically just raster rendering cards like everything else so the obvious choice would be to get a 5700 XT which is more powerful than both and less than the cost of a RTX 2070 and slightly more expensive than a 2060.

6 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Infinity-X88-GTX-Gaming-PC

I was gonna go that route

change water cooling to a decent fan cooler

add 3 more case fans

Change the ssds to just a 4tb 7200rpm hdd (sue me)

change the case to one that supports a dvd drive

2 x 8gb 3000mhz ddr4

uograde to gold 750/850w power supply

then either the 2060 or 2070. Word on here though is that rtx flopped? So maybe 2060 and upgrade later

Any good?

I think rtx is overrated but the 2060 will be able to play all current rtx games at med to high settings .

It's a good 1080p card but I'm telling you its not the card to get if your buying now .

2070 and get a fucking ssd ffs . If you dont care about rtx for future games 2060 super .

Edited by JONBpc
2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Exactly lol I know a bit but not enough

thats why Im unsure about amd

at least with nvidia its simply 1050 - 1060 - 1070 etc

I swear I see so many random numbers with amd. 580 and a 5700 and vega. Whats what lol

580 Polaris (VERY OLD architecture) ,  VEGA GCN (OLD architecture),  RX 5700 NAVI (current architecture)

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The only thing I would advise against is the 2060 or 2070, they're not good for RTX so they're basically just raster rendering cards like everything else so the obvious choice would be to get a 5700 XT which is more powerful than both and less than the cost of a RTX 2070 and slightly more expensive than a 2060.

2070 is fine for rtx , with the games out now. 

I played bf and metro at high settings 60fps . Control is the only deal breaker but that runs like shit period .

I'm curious to see how cod runs . 2060 and 70 get well over 60fps in that game 

But yeah rtx did flop thhbo 

5 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I did.

In fact you are being disingenuous since at the time of ZEN 3 launch when Hardware Unboxed put out that benchmark that driver update from Nvidia that added the 10-20% did not exist.

No you didn't.  Posting what something WAS is not posting what something IS...

How the hell am I the one that is being disingenuous?  You PURPOSEFULLY attempted to post disingenuous and false information as if it was how it currently performed compared to the competition in that game.  You made no mention of Nvidia releasing a driver that improved performance drastically since that Hardware Unboxed video was made...

Jesus. :mj: 

Edited by Remij_
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well shit you’re right. I just checked the benchmarks.

i got used to shadowplay and freestyle though :( then playing old games with physx was always fun

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'd get a $100 cheaper GPU sooner than I would go without an SSD. That shit is life changing, man.

Arent they meant to degrade with constant write cycles though?

Just now, Remij_ said:

Clearing up false claims in this thread shouldn't be considered ruining it... especially when someone is considering it as...advice.

Ok , continue on the remij go round :reg:

8 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Well shit you’re right. I just checked the benchmarks.

i got used to shadowplay and freestyle though :( then playing old games with physx was always fun

AMD has ReLive which is basically the exact same thing as shadowplay, and ReShade effectively does anything Freestyle does and much more.

Also Radeon Image Sharpening is quite the revelation for visual fidelity and works with all DX9, DX12 and Vulkan games. Both of these renders are 1080p scaled for a 1440p display. This goes a long way for eking more clarity out of an image if you want additional performance at a lower resolution while still wanting to maintain clarity. 

48830088998_4a82fd859c_o.png 48830233298_5cf528b79b_o.png

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Ok , continue on the remij go round :reg:

Why are you talking to me... about shit that has nothing to do with the topic?  Seems like you're trying to throw this thread off course?

Anyway...

Nvidia Freestyle > RIS

Nvidia ShadowPlay > ReLive

Nvidia RTX > AMD Raydeoff

I'd go with a Ryzen 3700X and 2070S and 16-32GB of RAM with an SSD and call it a day.

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Arent they meant to degrade with constant write cycles though?

They are, but you won't see impacts on your read or write speeds until you've written hundreds of terabytes to the drive. Like if you completely erased a 1TB drive and completely filled it up on a daily basis you'd be looking at 2+ years before you started seeing negative effects. 100GB a day? 20+ years, and consider just how much data 100GB actually is each and every day. 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Why are you talking to me... about shit that has nothing to do with the topic?  Seems like you're trying to throw this thread off course?

Anyway...

Nvidia Freestyle > RIS

I'd go with a Ryzen 3700X and 2070S and 16-32GB of RAM with an SSD and call it a day.

Why you gotta lie?

Nvidia Freestyle doesn't have contrast adaptive sharpening so it just applies sharpening to the entire scene even where it's not needed which results in artifact blowouts. It also has a decent performance impact while RIS has virtually none. 

ShadowPlay and ReLive are effectually identical. 

Who gives a shit about RTX for 8 games on half-capable GPU's?

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

They are, but you won't see impacts on your read or write speeds until you've written hundreds of terabytes to the drive. Like if you completely erased a 1TB drive and completely filled it up on a daily basis you'd be looking at 2+ years before you started seeing negative effects. 100GB a day? 20+ years, and consider just how much data 100GB actually is each and every day. 

Really?

I mean I had a 3tb drive before. Only used 2tb. Installed/uninstalled games but that was about it.

might give it a try then. Is it still trendy to have a hdd as a back up? And just use ssd for operating system and open world games?

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Anyway...

Nvidia Freestyle > RIS

But why ryzen over i7?

amd looked worse off in benchmarks but everyone here keeps recommending it. Im not sure what im missing