Whats a good future proof PC in October 2019?

5 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

How is the driver doing this automatically???

I have v-synced turned off in the game settings.  I set up my AMD graphic profile Free-Sync, Enhanced Sync, and Anti-Lag

Normally I set all my games to Free-Sync, Enhanced Sync, and Anti-Lag on, but Anti-Lag is Radeon profile specific so I can't set it in this game.

Remember when I posted my FFXI benchmark that smacked all nvidia cards except RTX 2080 Ti, that was set up in that configuration.

FH4 is an AMD sponsored PC game.

The drivers have profiles which are optimized to enhance performance in specific games...  That doesn't mean freesync shit, or the typical shit that you'd adjust in a user profile...  It means at the driver level there's optimizations happening regardless of what you set in the Radeon control panel.

Anti-lag isn't likely going to do anything but likely make it worse.

There's other 5700XT benches out there of FH4 which don't show any stutters...  so it has nothing to do with a Radeon user profile.  If you're constantly getting that, then something is messed up.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a 1200 dollar video card and being trolled into doing 1080p benchmarks LOL

Well here's the biggest question before we can even start, what's your financial, performance and resolution target?

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

FH4 is an AMD sponsored PC game.

The drivers have profiles which are optimized to enhance performance in specific games...  That doesn't mean freesync shit, or the typical shit that you'd adjust in a user profile...  It means at the driver level there's optimizations happening regardless of what you set in the Radeon control panel.

Anti-lag isn't likely going to do anything but likely make it worse.

There's other 5700XT benches out there of FH4 which don't show any stutters...  so it has nothing to do with a Radeon user profile.  If you're constantly getting that, then something is messed up.

Well I like to see those configurations.   Can you provide that?   I suspect it's my lack of the option to add a game profile to Microsoft App games.  Change my mind.

3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Well I like to see those configurations.   Can you provide that?   I suspect it's my lack of the option to add a game profile to Microsoft App games.  Change my mind.

7k0yEb9.jpg

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

I thought you had something that had similar setup and 0 stutter.     I can't relate to that at all.

:| 

It means your stutter count has nothing to do with your Radeon profile and/or the fact that you can't make a profile for this game...  It has nothing to do with the fact that you own a Radeon card and that it's "just the way it is"....  If other people with 5700XTs aren't experiencing it... then it's something else... with your setup.  :shrug: 

@Remij_ @DynamiteCop!

Is the Wraith Prism good enough for gaming if not overclocking?

I looked it up and something something 3700x boosts itself but that boost gets limited with heat.

Prism? Or custom cooler?

still undecided between build myself or pay for custom built, but most websites either try to force cheap parts on you or water cooling :shrug:

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

@Remij_ @DynamiteCop!

I looked it up and something something 3700x boosts itself but that boost gets limited with heat.

Prism? Or custom cooler?

still undecided between build myself or pay for custom built, but most websites either try to force cheap parts on you or water cooling :shrug:

Get an AIO, at least a 240mm or push/pull 120mm. The wraith isn't good enough. 

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

@Remij_ @DynamiteCop!

Prism? Or custom cooler?

That would be more than fine, I've seen a lot of people with these actually and have heard no complaints from anyone.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's fine if he's not overclocking and messing with voltages. 

Most BIOS default to over 1.4v+ under small loads. Unless he wants to fuck with that it's better to just get a cheap AIO.

Edited by lynux3
49 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:| 

It means your stutter count has nothing to do with your Radeon profile and/or the fact that you can't make a profile for this game...  It has nothing to do with the fact that you own a Radeon card and that it's "just the way it is"....  If other people with 5700XTs aren't experiencing it... then it's something else... with your setup.  :shrug: 

Other people are experiencing stutter, that screenshot you showed is a game running at 60hz,  I think the stutters are people who are running at higher refresh rates.    I don't know what the exact cause, so I'm not ruling out anything.  

Right now, Im removing Gears and Forza, as I noticed these shitty MIcrosoft Apps didn't install on the drive I specified and are just taking up space off my boot drive.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

@Remij_ @DynamiteCop!

Prism? Or custom cooler?

Try it out and see how it goes.  There's lots of factors which can affect your temps.  Your ambient room temp.. the size of your case and airflow within.. and even how much thermal paste you apply.

I'll say this..  The Wraith Prism is made for it... so it's not that it's going to be "not good enough".  It'll do the job, but it could get a bit on the louder side.  Once you get your stuff set up.. then you can test the temps, and if you're not sure about it.. you can get an AIO at some later point.

That said.. for me.. I'd usually always go for the AIO cooler.

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Other people are experiencing stutter, that screenshot you showed is a game running at 60hz,  I think the stutters are people who are running at higher refresh rates.    I don't know what the exact cause, so I'm not ruling out anything.  

Right now, Im removing Gears and Forza, as I noticed these shitty MIcrosoft Apps didn't install on the drive I specified and are just taking up space off my boot drive.

Nah.. I can run at 165hz and get 0 stutter... and those shitty MS apps are 2 of the most optimized PC games to release this gen lmao...

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.. I can run at 165hz and get 0 stutter... and those shitty MS apps are 2 of the most optimized PC games to release this gen lmao...

Jigga you using a GeForce card, we're not on the same page. 

OMG, stop being a fanboy. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Jigga you using a GeForce card, we're not on the same page. 

Oh.. well.. if you think it's an AMD problem.. don't let me dissuade you.. lol

kota.png

Edited by Remij_
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Try it out and see how it goes.  There's lots of factors which can affect your temps.  Your ambient room temp.. the size of your case and airflow within.. and even how much thermal paste you apply.

I'll say this..  The Wraith Prism is made for it... so it's not that it's going to be "not good enough".  It'll do the job, but it could get a bit on the louder side.  Once you get your stuff set up.. then you can test the temps, and if you're not sure about it.. you can get an AIO at some later point.

That said.. for me.. I'd usually always go for the AIO cooler.

AIO is water cooler?

hell no at getting those later lol I have no idea how to install that and while im sure its not too hard, messing with cables was the part of pc building I hated.

linux was right with the 1.4 volts thing. It was something with that number where the cpu boosts itself when using all cores.

Is there a downside to water cooling? Or does it last just as long and hassle free as air cooling?

5 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

AIO is water cooler?

hell no at getting those later lol I have no idea how to install that and while im sure its not too hard, messing with cables was the part of pc building I hated.

linux was right with the 1.4 volts thing. It was something with that number where the cpu boosts itself when using all cores.

Is there a downside to water cooling? Or does it last just as long and hassle free as air cooling?

The prism is fine.. your CPU might not boost quite as high as often... it wont make much of a difference though at stock settings anyway..  And don't fucking worry about voltages AT ALL.  The cooler was MADE for that CPU...

And all I'm telling you... is if you're trying to save money.. then try the Prism first... It comes with the CPU....  If you're not happy with it, then buy an AIO cooler.  Either way... you're going to have to learn how to install an AIO in that case...  So do whatever.

If you're planning on getting one built... then just get it with the AIO. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_
13 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

OMG, stop being a fanboy. 

:cosby2: 

So you were singing the praises of FH4 earlier...and how amazing it is on AMD gpus.... and now that I've brought up this tiny thing.. that YOU could easily fix.. you're saying I'm a fanboy because I'm calling the game optimized... and you want to remove it because it's a shitty MS app.. :tom: 

Ok dude.. lmao

Edited by Remij_
18 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

AIO is water cooler?

You can lower the voltage to control temps, but it doesn't look like something you're probably interested in playing around with. I have 2700X and tried the previous Wraith Prism and it was garbage. :shake:  I already had bought an AIO for 2700X, but I wanted to see how it performed for the lulz. Those things are better suited for a 2600/3600. If you're going to use it don't bother with PBO, you'll just end up throttling the CPU even after playing with voltages.

There's no downside except fucking with more cabling (from the fans and AIO itself). I have an old box with an i5-3570K I use as a NAS and it has an old Corsair H80i push/pull from 2013... still going strong.

When I go AIO or even custom water cooling I usually get ML120/140... super quiet, high static pressure... they are the best fans you can get, but they're pricey.

Edited by lynux3
12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The prism is fine.. your CPU might not boost quite as high as often... it wont make much of a difference though at stock settings anyway..  And don't fucking worry about voltages AT ALL.  The cooler was MADE for that CPU...

And all I'm telling you... is if you're trying to save money.. then try the Prism first... It comes with the CPU....  If you're not happy with it, then buy an AIO cooler.  Either way... you're going to have to learn how to install an AIO in that case...  So do whatever.

If you're planning on getting one built... then just get it with the AIO. :shrug: 

Disagree completely. It's a cheap add-in box fan. You can't expect to use that cooler and utilize the 3700X to its full extent. It would be a disservice to that CPU.

Also, the voltages are an issue with that cooler. It's not going to hold up he's just going to end up thermal throttling that CPU all the time, guaranteed.

I think that maybe a 3600 is better suited for his application.

Edited by lynux3