Whats a good future proof PC in October 2019?

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

So you were singing the praises of FH4 earlier...and how amazing it is on AMD gpus.... and now that I've brought up this tiny thing.. that YOU could easily fix.. you're saying I'm a fanboy because I'm calling the game optimized... and you want to remove it because it's a shitty MS app.. :tom: 

Ok dude.. lmao

I'm still impressed with my FH4 score,  I didn't expect beat an optimized RTX 2080 Ti 

What I was unimpressed with you, was your quick fanboy defense of Microsoft's shitty Windows Apps store.    There encrypted game store is the reason I cannot add game profiles like I can for my Steam or Uplay games.     

Edited by The Mother Fucker
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a 1200 dollar video card and being trolled into doing 1080p benchmarks LOL

Well here's the biggest question before we can even start, what's your financial, performance and resolution target?

Just now, lynux3 said:

Disagree completely. It's a cheap add-in box fan. You can't expect to use that cooler and utilize the 3700X to its full extent. It would be a disservice to that CPU.

Also, the voltages are an issue and that cooler. It's not going to hold up he's just going to end up thermal throttling that CPU all the time, guaranteed.

I think that maybe a 3600 is better suited for his application.

No... you CAN and you SHOULD be able to expect that.  The stock CPU cooler should handle and be able to dissipate enough heat so that the CPU can function within advertised limits.  :cosby2: 

That's pretty self explanatory.

The performance difference is likely negligible... the only REAL tangible difference will be temps and noise.  And these CPUs are rated for high temps...

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

Im still impressed with FH4 score,  I don't expect beat an optimized RTX 2080 Ti 

What I was unimpressed with you, was your quick fanboy defense of Microsoft's shitty Windows Apps store.    There encrypted game store is the reason I cannot add game profiles like I can for my Steam or Uplay games.     

That's an AMD problem then... because I have no problem making custom profiles for Windows store apps...

Why is that fanboyish again?

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's an AMD problem then... because I have no problem making custom profiles for Windows store apps...

Why is that fanboyish again?

Defending Windows Apps,  "those shitty MS apps are 2 of the most optimized PC games to release this gen lmao"  

So Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 are what you believe is the two most optimized PC games for this gen.  

You beyond dumb if you believe that.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
7 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Defending Windows Apps,  "those shitty MS apps are 2 of the most optimized PC games to release this gen lmao"  

So Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 are what you believe is the two most optimized PC games for this gen.  

You beyond dumb if you believe that.

Yes.. they are :| 

https://www.game-debate.com/game/optimizationList

Tons of other outlets also have FH4 very close to the top... and Gears 5 has already been praised for being well optimized.

You're the one who is beyond dumb... especially for using FH4 as an example of optimized games for Radeon...and then hating on it for the opposite reason in this very thread

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

No... you CAN and you SHOULD be able to expect that.  The stock CPU cooler should handle and be able to dissipate enough heat so that the CPU can function within advertised limits.  :cosby2: 

That's pretty self explanatory.

The performance difference is likely negligible... the only REAL tangible difference will be temps and noise.  And these CPUs are rated for high temps...

No. I actually come from experience with this cooler. What kind of experience do you have with it? That's what I thought.

The only thing it's good for is a desk ornament if you buy 3700X. This cooler is perfect for something like a 3600.

Just now, lynux3 said:

No. I actually come from experience with this cooler. What kind of experience do you have with it? That's what I thought.

The only thing it's good for is a desk ornament if you buy 3700X. This cooler is perfect for something like a 3600.

Post some good evidence then....  I want to see this huge performance difference.

And you don't have a 3700x either :reg: 

I didn't notice any stutter in the game,  even with a high stutter count .

I would occasionally get a quick,  random freeze , but that happened on every fh game I've played. PC and console .

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I didn't notice any stutter in the game,  even with a high stutter count .

I would occasionally get a quick,  random freeze , but that happened on every fh game I've played. PC and console .

Yea, it's basically counting tiny fluctuations in frametimes as "stutter"... you can't even see them while the bench is running.  That's usually what happens when the refresh-rate and game aren't synced exactly right.

It's not no damn 5700xt issue, or Radeon issue, or MS app issue... it's a combo of settings.

I'd like The Mother Fucker to try 120hz instead of 144hz and run variable fps from the game option menu.  See what that does to his stutter count.

Edited by Remij_
6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Post some good evidence then....  I want to see this huge performance difference.

And you don't have a 3700x either :reg: 

It's the same cooler that came with the 2700X, a CPU that idles cooler, runs at lower voltages by default and has a lower boost frequency. I was losing a good 300-400MHz because the CPU wanted to throttle down. It's not a secret and you obviously haven't followed Zen releases so arguing with you over something so simple is pointless. You simply don't follow the topic... stick with the 4 core scrubs. :facep: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's the same cooler that came with the 2700X, a CPU that idles cooler, runs at lower voltages by default and has a lower boost frequency. I was losing a good 300-400MHz because the CPU wanted to throttle down. It's not a secret and you obviously haven't followed Zen releases so arguing with you over something so simple is pointless. You simply don't follow the topic... stick with the 4 core scrubs. :facep: 

Lame bait breh.  If you could post some evidence that wasn't anecdotal that might really help your case... because I'm not convinced. :francis: 

You were probably losing 300-400mhz because you fucked up and put too much thermal paste on or something.