hmmmm,...so the GoT showrunners are off the next Star Wars trilogy

They knew that if they failed, Disney would rip them a new asshole, and feed them to the Star Wars fans who will utterly destroy them.

So they went with Netflix where overinflated projects fizzle on a regular basis. No one ever really gets mad if a big Netflix series or movie fails.  Remember that sci-fi show Altered Carbon? Came and went, and nobody really seemed to give a shit.

That wouldn't happen with Star Wars, if they failed, it would be very public.

These guys are looking like frauds more and more.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the hell? it seemed that the Game of Thrones prequel was actually pretty far along in production.

It actually had a pilot episode made with Naomi Watts. Must’ve been really bad to not get greenlit. There’s still another prequel that’s still in development but I think most people are sour on the franchise after the eighth season flopped. 

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They knew that if they failed, Disney would rip them a new asshole, and feed them to the Star Wars fans who will utterly destroy them.

So they went with Netflix where overinflated projects fizzle on a regular basis. No one ever really gets mad if a big Netflix series or movie fails.  Remember that sci-fi show Altered Carbon? Came and went, and nobody really seemed to give a shit.

That wouldn't happen with Star Wars, if they failed, it would be very public.

These guys are looking like frauds more and more.

season 2 was confirmed

Just now, jehurey said:

That means that you can put out a meh show on Netflix, and you'll still survive.

That's probably why those guys are settling with Netflix.

i liked it. it was dumb, but fun. they set up a great foundation for season 2. it drops in feb btw. 

16 minutes ago, Vini said:

I thought his entry was alright maybe a little stupid

I didn't read all the criticism though. 

I just recently watched it again after the new trailer last week, and it isn’t flat out bad. It was just mediocre and a total flop given the world building in the prior movie. Also, the way he treated Luke’s character in that movie sucked ass. There’s great things in TLJ that I really like such as the Rey/Kylo connection and the fight scene against the Royal Guard are all fantastic. Then there’s the Leia floating through space, the first order just slowly following the resistance, and the entire Canto Bight story that are just bad. 

Edited by Ike