The Witcher Netflix series is receiving early praise, makes "Game of Thrones look like two drunks fighting"

Botched is the perfect way to describe GoT.

Botch implies that they ALMOST HAD IT........and messed it up.

How is that not the perfect description of what happened to GoT.

GoT has some very admirable qualities, but they don't impress me because I watched a little show called Rome on HBO back in the day. So the stuff GoT became famous for didn't impress me much because Rome was already doing them.

They botched it. And whining about production values is like a gamer saying graphics > gameplay.

Doesn't work in video game arguments, and it doesn't work in TV/Film arguments.:blessed:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah everyone speaking about the project really does sound like they care greatly. Especially Cavill who really wanted the role. Everything is sounding great!   Regarding the comparison to G

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Jehurey - "Look at these early reviews :adhd:"

Reviews come out.... show rated 58% :holeup:

Jehurey "Those reviews don't count :awww:

They don't when they clearly admit to not watching the show.

I like how this has been explained to you about 3 times, and you've avoided it each time.

And this thread was about the combat.............which you also avoided that.

:blessed:The Witcher is a success, and as long as they avoid botching the ending, like GOT, it will remain that way.

23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They don't when they clearly admit to not watching the show.

I like how this has been explained to you about 3 times, and you've avoided it each time.

And this thread was about the combat.............which you also avoided that.

:blessed:The Witcher is a success, and as long as they avoid botching the ending, like GOT, it will remain that way.

Yes that one outlet thought the show was too boring to watch beyond episode 5.....don't think that helps your case...it was too boring to finish... but ill humour you. 

let's remove that one outlet... what's the new review rating now? 

it goes up to a whopping 59% rating... still a critical flop:tom:

Your OP was based on the reviews... now that you're owned it's bbbbut reviews don't count :awww:

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes that one outlet thought the show was too boring to watch beyond episode 5.....don't think that helps your case...it was too boring to finish... but ill humour you. 

let's remove that one outlet... what's the new review rating now? 

it goes up to whopping 59% rating... still a critical flop:tom:

Your OP was based on the reviews... now that you're owned it's bbbbut reviews don't count :awww:

Nope.......they dismissed themselves and the metacritic score.

The user score is more accurate, and GoT fans should be worried if the PROLOGUE that doesn't even get to the first main book is already scoring as high as one of GoT best seasons.

And we're seeing that worry happening right now :blessed:

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope.......they dismissed themselves and the metacritic score.

The user score is more accurate, and GoT fans should be worried if the PROLOGUE that doesn't even get to the first main book is already scoring as high as one of GoT best seasons.

And we're seeing that worry happening right now :blessed:

That wasn't the metacritic.com score that was rotten Tomatoes let me check metacritic.com and see what it's rated there. 

*Logs on to metacritic.com...... searches for highest rated Netflix shows...... Witcher not found..... Keeps searching...... *

oh shit 53% on Meta :sabu:

That's an Xbox1 type of score... yikes :holeup:

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That wasn't the metacritic.com score that was rotten Tomatoes let me check metacritic.com and see what it's rated there. 

*Logs on to metacritic.com...... searches for highest rated Netflix shows...... Witcher not found..... Keeps searching...... *

oh shit 53% on Meta :sabu:

That's an Xbox1 type of score... yikes :holeup:

You know he panicked the moment he ran towards the production values.

Entertainment Weekly did me a favor by completely making the Rottentomatoes critics score entirely suspect.

User score has you spooked, and you know it.

To paraphrase Geralt "How you like that silver?.............because The Witcher is taking the Gold":blessed:

14 hours ago, Vini said:

This is all you need to know about these "reviews"

1729907739_ScreenShot2019-12-23at1_39_37AM.thumb.png.7f8f4f42f966745700e388ba538648ef.png

351534409_ScreenShot2019-12-23at1_39_59AM.thumb.png.ec3b3cc84cb23f267b471d7a2d59dd38.png

A bunch of clowns. RT is useless

RT sucks, but watchmen is a AAA show, on a production and narrative level, and the witcher is a b-show. it's still enjoyable in a cheap entertainment kind of way. 

Watchmen is probably the best show this year, and it enjoys the same advantages as a short series like Chernobyl did.

It has 30 years of comic book hype, and its a one-time deal. And things happen that feel as if they are permanent events.

If HBO decides to force another season of Watchmen, it will fall down to earth so fast, it will never recapture what they did. If HBO makes that mistake, future seasons of The Witcher will be outscoring it.

With The Witcher, we just barely established the Prologue. The first main novel begins next season.

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Watchmen is probably the best show this year, and it enjoys the same advantages as a short series like Chernobyl did.

It has 30 years of comic book hype, and its a one-time deal. And things happen that feel as if they are permanent events.

If HBO decides to force another season of Watchmen, it will fall down to earth so fast, it will never recapture what they did. If HBO makes that mistake, future seasons of The Witcher will be outscoring it.

With The Witcher, we just barely established the Prologue. The first main novel begins next season.

Yeah, as someone who watches a lot of TV, I can easily say Watchmen was the show of the year, with the episode A God Walks In Abar being the best hour of tv I've seen in a long time, easily besting Lost's Constant (those who've seen both will understand why I made this comparison).

Edited by -GD-

Watchmen, True Detective Season 1, and Chernobyl are the best things HBO has put out this decade.

And they all have one thing in common, the story that was told was isolated entirely to that short series of episodes. None of them were treading on a future payoff that was completely botched.

I'm willing to say that each episode of Chernobyl was much more impactful than any show's singular episodes, but if we're talking about judging a whole season, I'd have to say True Detective Season 1 is probably the best.