The Witcher Netflix series is receiving early praise, makes "Game of Thrones look like two drunks fighting"

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Watchmen, True Detective Season 1, and Chernobyl are the best things HBO has put out this decade.

And they all have one thing in common, the story that was told was isolated entirely to that short series of episodes. None of them were treading on a future payoff that was completely botched.

I'm willing to say that each episode of Chernobyl was much more impactful than any show's singular episodes, but if we're talking about judging a whole season, I'd have to say True Detective Season 1 is probably the best.

The Leftovers is better than all of those and the best show HBO ever put out and the best show this decade.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah everyone speaking about the project really does sound like they care greatly. Especially Cavill who really wanted the role. Everything is sounding great!   Regarding the comparison to G

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Ike said:

The Leftovers is better than all of those and the best show HBO ever put out and the best show this decade.

The leftovers is up there with them. I can’t say it’s better. But yeah, HBO has created many gems. Barry and Curb in 2020 :love:

6 hours ago, -GD- said:

RT sucks, but watchmen is a AAA show, on a production and narrative level, and the witcher is a b-show. it's still enjoyable in a cheap entertainment kind of way. 

Watchmen is barely watchable I tried to sit through the rest of it barely made it. Just not into it

Don't think it's even getting a second season. 

30 minutes ago, Vini said:

Watchmen is barely watchable I tried to sit through the rest of it barely made it. Just not into it

Don't think it's even getting a second season. 

The show is probably too cerebral for you, so it’s understandable. You need more accessible entertainment. 

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

The show is probably too cerebral for you, so it’s understandable. You need more accessible entertainment. 

Not really because I enjoyed Legion and Leftovers

Pretentious and convoluted are the adjectives I would use, not cerebral. 

Edited by Vini
5 hours ago, Vini said:

Not really because I enjoyed Legion and Leftovers

Pretentious and convoluted are the adjectives I would use, not cerebral. 

Convoluted and pretentious? LOL Again, the show is beyond your mental grasp. 

I think Watchmen was solid overall but it definitely didn't resonate with me as much as it did with other people. I preferred the first half of the season where everything was still a mystery, the more they revealed the less interesting it got.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

It's in the same scope of the original comic.... did you find that to be convoluted and pretentious as well? 

I disagree with this. I don't think it's in the same vein at all. 

Ozymandias is basically stripped of all subtlety. He's not an egomaniac in the comics

Doctor Manhattan was completely ruined as a character IMO. Nothing interesting about him by the end.  

Rorschach... Don't even get me started

The soundtrack is basically a bad Blade Runner ripoff

The writing goes from decent to terrible, hitting the audience over the head with the same dialogue multiple times to make sure you get the point. We got it the first time

Too heavily relying on twists that just felt forced for me

And I think you guys already know my opinion on the politics of the show. Equating the threat of nuclear holocaust to racism in modern day America is so fuckin stupid and lazy it boggles the mind. I won't even go on about the rest because the jumping point is already bad enough. 

Edited by Vini
3 hours ago, Vini said:

I disagree with this. I don't think it's in the same vein at all. 

Ozymandias is basically stripped of all subtlety. He's not an egomaniac in the comics

Doctor Manhattan was completely ruined as a character IMO. Nothing interesting about him by the end.  

Rorschach... Don't even get me started

The soundtrack is basically a bad Blade Runner ripoff

The writing goes from decent to terrible, hitting the audience over the head with the same dialogue multiple times to make sure you get the point. We got it the first time

Too heavily relying on twists that just felt forced for me

And I think you guys already know my opinion on the politics of the show. Equating the threat of nuclear holocaust to racism in modern day America is so fuckin stupid and lazy it boggles the mind. I won't even go on about the rest because the jumping point is already bad enough. 

It did fly over your head....Nuclear Holocaust wasn't equated to racism.   Racism was the fight that hooded justice was fighting against.

The real bad guys wasn't even the racist....she used his fight to get what she wanted and he used her to finish the fight he couldn't because he was old as dirt now. 

You're just triggered because the show had racist people in it..... you were triggered from Episode one when you lost your shit and started crying from the jump....bbbut how dare they include racists in the show :awww: