Microsoft really over delivered

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. Your track record at predicting things has been exemplary!

too bad, games are still fan fiction for lemmons  

I mean you said $350 was low end and then started talking about the range of mid-range prices going from $300 to $500, but okay.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'd say mid range is $300-500

There's such things as low-mid range, mid-high range and that bullshit... but for all intents and purposes... $500 is a mid ranged card.  The high end of mid range. :shrug: 

It's best to include it all as a full range of the midrange GPUs.

Nvidia $230-$500

1660 Super to RTX 2070 Super

AMD $280-$450. 

RX 5600XT to RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

The lowest AMD midrange is the RX 5600XT at $279

and tops at $449 with the RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary.  A 10TF GPU, on the nvidia side you gave to pay for the High End cards to get 10TF, starting with the RTX 2080 which nvidia discounted in favor for the 2080 Super which starts at $699.

The 2070 Super is 10TF and is mid ranged.... and cost $499

Do you guys REALLY think Nvidia isn't going to have the 3070 replace the 2080 at $499?  Of course they will... and it will be faster.

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You obviously don't know..

Why do you always take the slightest of disagreements so personally?

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

*Pictures of articles calling a $350 card mid-range*

Yeah, I mean I'm not really sure those were the best examples to help your case but even still, do you think a couple articles is indicative of anything? Do you think I couldn't find articles calling the 1660 Ti mid-range at almost half the price of a 2070 Super or articles calling the 2070 Super high-end?

If you want to walk it back and talk about mid-range being $300-$500, sure, I'm a little bit more open to that as it clearly showcases that $500 is on the high end of mid-range and bordering on high-end. At that point it's just semantics really so whatever.

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Have you looked at the TechpowerUp database for the 2070 Super? Its 9TF.  :reg:

The non-Super 2070 is 7.4TF. 

It's 9TF... at 1770mhz boost.... The card EASILY boosts more than 1950mhz... which puts it at 10TF.

And those are Nvidia TF's...  The 2070 Super beats the 5700XT at 9.75TF :reg: 

Will all depend on price. 

Consoles have always been about the balance between power and affordability. All these pre price talk is pointless. Series X is AMAZING if it launches the same price as PS5.

Same goes for PS5 at 9-10TF. Reaction totally depends on price point and comparison to Series X. If they are both $499 then it's a great deal for X. 

We could seriously see a situation where we have something like:

Series S: $299-399 (7TF)

PS5: $499 (9-10TF)

Series X: $599 (12TF)

Then everything is literally just even. Pay for what you want. Becomes pure PC at this stage. Ugh. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's 9TF... at 1770mhz boost.... The card EASILY boosts more than 1950mhz... which puts it at 10TF.

And those are Nvidia TF's...  The 2070 Super beats the 5700XT at 9.75TF :reg: 

:tom: what? By that goofy logic if we count boost then all the GPUs are higher than their stated TF.

Jonb can now claim he will have a 14TF GPU based on boost with X1X.

:facep:

Also 2070 Super does not beat the RX 5700.  They are about even.  If you want to beat a RX 5700, you have to get a RTX 2080. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Why do you always take the slightest of disagreements so personally?

Yeah, I mean I'm not really sure those were the best examples to help your case but even still, do you think a couple articles is indicative of anything? Do you think I couldn't find articles calling the 1660 Ti mid-range at almost half the price of a 2070 Super or articles calling the 2070 Super high-end?

If you want to walk it back and talk about mid-range being $300-$500, sure, I'm a little bit more open to that as it clearly showcases that $500 is on the high end of mid-range and bordering on high-end. At that point it's just semantics really so whatever.

I'm not walking anything back.  $500 is still mid range GPU territory.  I've already explained there's high and low ends to the mid range segment :shrug: 

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

:tom: what? By that goofy logic if we count boost then all the GPUs are higher than their stated TF.

Jonb can now claim he will have a 14TF GPU based on boost.

:facep:

lmao... no... you're not getting much more than 1900mhz boost on a 5700xt... you're gettiing the "game clock" which puts it at 8.9TF instead of 9.75TF :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

lmao... no... you're not getting much more than 1900mhz boost on a 5700xt... you're gettiing the "game clock" which puts it at 8.9TF instead of 9.75TF :tom: 

Ok guys I think we can ignore Remij on this topic.  He doesn't know what he's talking about .

If you want to see the TF of a GPU just go to TechPowerUp page and look for your specific GPu for its spec page. You will find the information under the Theoretical Performance. 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm not walking anything back.  $500 is still mid range GPU territory.  I've already explained there's high and low ends to the mid range segment :shrug: 

I mean you said $350 was low end and then started talking about the range of mid-range prices going from $300 to $500, but okay.

• Haha 2
Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

Ok guys I think we can ignore Remij on this topic.  He doesn't know what he's talking about .

If you want to see the TF of a GPU just go to TechPowerUp page and look for your specific GPu for its spec page. You will find the information under the Theoretical Performance. 

Dude... you're dumb as fuck.

5700XT at techpowerup = 9.75TF

2070 Super = 9.06TF 

5700XT:

2560 shader cores x 1755mhz boost x2 = 8.98TF ("Game clocks" ... min clocks guaranteed)

2560 shader cores x 1905mhz boost x2 = 9.75TF (Boost clocks... almost never reaches them)

2070 Super:

2560 shader cores x 1770 boost x 2 = 9.06TF (these are guaranteed clocks)

2560 shader cores x 1950 boost x 2 = 9.94TF (Nvidia RTX gpus typically boost to 1900+)

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

$350 and under is low end.

$350 - $500 is mid range

$500 - $800 is high end

$800 - $999 is enthusiast

Stop being stupid ffs.  You're the one trying to argue semantics.