If this is true Lemmings (all two of them) are going to hang themselves

47 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

ok :mjgrin: 

Well PS5 and Switch will have the fames the Xseries was supposed to have the power and now it's going to be nothing.  MS needs to dump the Xbox and concentrate on fixing the mess that is windows 10.  

Every gen ppl think power is gonna be some deciding factor and every gen they are proved wrong. 

It isn't going to matter a single bit which system is more powerful. If PS5 is 9-10 or 13tf won't change much. In fact it will probably be a negative factor cause it means more expensive. 

At launch it's all about price and lineup and you most definitely want to be the one out of the block the fastest because the system that sells the most gets the most 3rd party support. 

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Every gen ppl think power is gonna be some deciding factor and every gen they are proved wrong. 

It isn't going to matter a single bit which system is more powerful. If PS5 is 9-10 or 13tf won't change much. In fact it will probably be a negative factor cause it means more expensive. 

At launch it's all about price and lineup and you most definitely want to be the one out of the block the fastest because the system that sells the most gets the most 3rd party support. 

I don't think anyone thinks that.  But being the most powerful is definitely in MS' best interest.  You'll get people who buy consoles for the best versions of games.  It's better that than having worse games AND being less powerful or equal.

Of course it depends on price.. but it's just funny how people think Sony will have just as powerful of a system, better SSD, better smaller design... AND be cheaper.. and have better games at launch.

In my HONEST opinion... 9TF is a bit low if MS is coming at 12TF.  I know it's not a huge difference... but we'll just have to see.  It also really depends on the other technologies they have.  With DLSS and deep learning and all these AI methods of upscaling visuals, as well as other technologies and pipelines, the difference could end up negligible.. but it could also be even greater.

We'll have to see what both end up coming with.  There's still a lot we don't know.

49 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don't think anyone thinks that.  But being the most powerful is definitely in MS' best interest.  You'll get people who buy consoles for the best versions of games.  It's better that than having worse games AND being less powerful or equal.

Of course it depends on price.. but it's just funny how people think Sony will have just as powerful of a system, better SSD, better smaller design... AND be cheaper.. and have better games at launch.

In my HONEST opinion... 9TF is a bit low if MS is coming at 12TF.  I know it's not a huge difference... but we'll just have to see.  It also really depends on the other technologies they have.  With DLSS and deep learning and all these AI methods of upscaling visuals, as well as other technologies and pipelines, the difference could end up negligible.. but it could also be even greater.

We'll have to see what both end up coming with.  There's still a lot we don't know.

Well here at least the biggest thing everyone has talked about is power. Like that is going to be the most important factor when in reality it is the least. There are ppl who will buy the most powerful because they want the best version but that is a niche crowd and as XIX has shown, unless that system is also a major chunk of the market share, it won't even matter that it's the most powerful because devs (3rd party) won't spend the time to optimise for it. 

Yeah, thinking PS5 is going to be 13TF AND cheap is ridiculous. Which is why it's not going to be 13TF. Price point is too important to Sony, they've learnt their lesson. Plus from all accounts they've had to spend more on cooling cause (assumption) they still want a sleek design. Sony wont be more powerful but will have the better SSD, smaller design and better launch games. Cheaper I'm not even convinced on cause I can see a 10TF PS5 being $499 and MS taking big losses on the Series X to put it $499 cause they are gonna push their Series S (or whatever it will be called.)

Everyone expected 9-10TF going intothis new gen and MS coming in at 12TF has made 9TF seem low but when we see the games even if its a 9(I believe it will be closer to 10TF) v 12TF the difference is going to be minimal. 

• Like 1

Cows pretend the didnt care about power when ps4 came out. Of course it's not a big deal now .....

Also claiming one will have better launch games now its stupid 

If there is a 3 or 4tf difference then sony messed up.  

I guess if lockhart is real , and the 7tf rumor is true than it will be comparable to ps5 in " real world performance" lol

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

13.3 TFLOPS RDNA2, 565GB Bandwidth, 16GB GDDR6 + 4GB DDR4,  dedicated RT and 3D Audio cores, 1TB SSD, AMD Zen2 @ 3.2GHz (3.7GHz boost).

$499.

the base ps5 will be $399. i said it so many times cause i know. It is the truth, you can try to argue but it is the defacto price.