XSeX will REQUIRE propietary storage for all next-gen games. External HDDs will only work for older games.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The PS5 will be the same. It's crazy we are getting very fast SSDs next gen anyways, this bitchfest isn't justified.   They have no other choice like Dynamite pointed out.

yes there is... don't make it a propriety.  Use the same cards but the non proprietary option. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Ah, either way it can't delineate far from MS's implementation or they're going to fuck themselves with ignorant people buying the wrong storage. 

I agree, but it doesn't mean you can't use a standard M.2 M key unless more prongs are required. That's why I'm curious to see what the connector looks like. I do love the fact that it is so compact. 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I agree, but it doesn't mean you can't use a standard M.2 M key unless more prongs are required. That's why I'm curious to see what the connector looks like. I do love the fact that it is so compact. 

If it does.. you're going to have people trying to jam their m.2 SSDs into that socket... which is why it wont.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If it does.. you're going to have people trying to jam their m.2 SSDs into that socket... which is why it wont.

Yeah, something had to give for this all to actually work. I have no issue with a proprietary form factor.

7 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Who cares? The box should be able to determine if it isn't sufficient thus telling the user it can't run an Xbox Series X/PS5 game for that reason. Just like the Xbox Series X can have a USB 3.2 external HDD that can only play BC games and be used as storage for XSX games only... How really fucking stupid is that!? :drake:  You're just trying to justify something ridiculous and you have no reason for it. PCIe 4.0 is more capable than what we've heard from Xbox Series X so far with a fair bit of ambiguity. We still have zero information outside of throughput and that it's proprietary. What's the GT/s? How many lanes? PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs are theoretically capable of 7.88GB/s @ 4 lanes and PCIe 5.0 is double that throughput with standard M.2 M keys. Sometimes I think you're just clueless, but I'd like to be proven wrong despite you being a "specs nerd".

Edited by lynux3
44 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Who cares? The box should be able to determine if it isn't sufficient thus telling the user it can't run an Xbox Series X/PS5 game for that reason. Just like the Xbox Series X can have a USB 3.2 external HDD that can only play BC games and be used as storage for XSX games only... How really fucking stupid is that!? :drake:  You're just trying to justify something ridiculous and you have no reason for it. PCIe 4.0 is more capable than what we've heard from Xbox Series X so far with a fair bit of ambiguity. We still have zero information outside of throughput and that it's proprietary. What's the GT/s? How many lanes? PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs are theoretically capable of 7.88GB/s @ 4 lanes and PCIe 5.0 is double that throughput with standard M.2 M keys. Sometimes I think you're just clueless, but I'd like to be proven wrong despite you being a "specs nerd".

You're so fucking dumb sometimes :tom:

Nobody is going to confuse a USB drive for an NVMe drive and wonder why it's not working with their new games...  If you open up to any NVMe drives then you're begging uninformed customers to buy shit that's not compatible and then complain about it.  It's not just the fucking transfer rates you god damn doofus.. 

PC NVMe drives fluctuate in performance FAR too much to guarantee any kind of performance in which these consoles will require... They fundamentally rely on a guaranteed spec.  Which is exactly why I said that I bet the expanded storage memory controller is probably built right into the XSX and the drives are simply PCBs with memory attached.

Why potentially confuse the fuck out of consumers and cause a big fucking headache when you could just do the exact same thing and have external USB drive support for "BC games and game storage"?  That's very clear and understandable to consumers.

If MS could have done it... they fucking would have...  They're literally the biggest proponents of being able to use shit you already have...

No shit as a consumer it would be nice... but this is what happens when your spec is higher than the average. 

Edited by Remij_
5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Goukosan - "a few hundred = 200" :grimaceleft:

lxx.png

Remij - "199 = 300" :grimaceleft:

On 2020-03-16 at 9:44 AM, Goukosan said:

Just read it. 

I think it will launch at $199 and prices will drop as it mass produced throughout the generation. 

Unless Microsoft wants to eat the costs then $150.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Remij - "Fuck no, it will be cheap" :grimaceleft:

Goukosan - "It'll be a few hundred" :grimaceleft:

Goukosan - "It'll be $199" :grimaceleft:

Goukosan - "It'll possibly be $150" :grimaceleft:

Remij - "lmao no"

Remij - "I'm guessing $100"

Remij - "Maybe $150"

Here's another one... Remij - "It most certainly wont cost $300" :reg: