Keep an eye on your amazon pre-orders

Just got an email stating that the release date for my FF7 order changed and they didn't give me a new estimate. It looks like pre-orders (games in particular) are getting delayed because of the coronavirus as amazon is now focused on shipping essential items. Might have to start cancelling those orders and start buying local/digitally.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You Still only game on Xbox1 :feelsbadman:

Nah dude plays his PS4 more; got confirmation of that from the discord group who have Bhytre as a PSN friend. :ben:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

maybe he doesn't want to do the equivalent of lighting up his $60 on fire by purchasing a worthless digital non-copy of the game? :wonder:

You mean he rather partake in obtaining a delayed limited pressed, potentially COVID-19 contaminated, fragile physical copy than instant own a digital copy of a game that is in infinite download supply? 

31 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You mean he rather partake in obtaining a delayed limited pressed, potentially COVID-19 contaminated, fragile physical copy than instant own a digital copy of a game that is in infinite download supply? 

you can’t catch covid from a video game bruh

27 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

you can’t catch covid from a video game bruh

That really depends on what means you take to obtain the game.  

The physical game, AFTER it's pressed and distributed out to warehouses and distributed to retailers to put up on display, or shipped out to consumers directly to their address.  Those all go through physical hands.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker
4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

That really depends on what means you take to obtain the game.  

The physical game, AFTER it's pressed and distributed out to warehouses and distributed to retailers to put up on display, or shipped out to consumers directly to their address.  Those all go through physical hands.  

you arent going to catch it from a video game/box unless someone sneezes on it literally right before handing it to you, and then right after that you touch your eyes/nose/mouth

5 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

you arent going to catch it from a video game/box unless someone sneezes on it literally right before handing it to you, and then right after that you touch your eyes/nose/mouth

It's been reported the virus can survive for up to 5 days, and you telling me someone who handles the physical copies packages won't immediately pop the game in and start playing with Doritos and Mountain Dew in hand, licking their fingers without washing their hands first?  I doubt it.   So the potential is still there, where alternatively there is 0... ZERO probable chance with a digital download copy.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker

From a new National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases study:

The tests show that when the virus is carried by the droplets released when someone coughs or sneezes, it remains viable, or able to still infect people, in aerosols for at least three hours.

On plastic and stainless steel, viable virus could be detected after three days. On cardboard, the virus was not viable after 24 hours. On copper, it took 4 hours for the virus to become inactivated.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-study/coronavirus-can-persist-in-air-for-hours-and-on-surfaces-for-days-study-idUSKBN2143QP?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

We set up our garage as a decontamination station. All packages get quarantine in there for 5 days. If we need the goods sooner, we either spray it with Lysol or wipe it down with hydrogen peroxide and then let it sit for a few minutes.

21 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

It's been reported the virus can survive for up to 5 days, and you telling me someone who handles the physical copies packages won't immediately pop the game in and start playing with Doritos and Mountain Dew in hand, licking their fingers without washing their hands first?  I doubt it.   So the potential is still there, where alternatively there is 0... ZERO probable chance with a digital download copy.  

i mean if youre a dumbass not washing your hands, licking your fingers, etc, youre going to get it from a thousand other different things before you do a video game.