Persona 5 Royal GameSpot Review - PERFECT 10

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh, fuck this game. OG P5 was already too long as it was.

im sorry you hyped trash 

doom isnt even in the top 3 of the month lmao.   worst modern reboot alongside the tomb raider reboot.   western trash.

42 minutes ago, Ramza said:

DOOM Eternal is GOTY 2020.

P5 is old news, 2017 called, it wants its flop back.

doom isnt even in the top 3 of the month lmao.

worst modern reboot alongside the tomb raider reboot.

western trash.

Edited by Quad Damage
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Saucer said:

After Nocturne I swore I'd never play another 60+ hour turn-based JRPG again. I like the atmosphere of the games but I'm not doing it again. 

To be fair there’s a ton more variety and freedom in the Persona games so the length never feels as long as it really is. Outside of dungeons you’re free to progress how you want when you want. 

Nocturne is just a straight up dungeon crawler for 60hrs although strangely I still liked it more than any modern Persona game

6 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

Yeah, I can't help but feel this is a nod for them taking out that 'anti' gay scene.

Seems fishy. It's the same game.

WHere's ma fanboi?!:grimaceright:

4 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

This will be Switch's 4th AAAA game :lawd:

Ahhh ok, much better.:denzel3:

11 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Bipolarcount :denzel3:

It was like he let his natural thought come out via thread post; but then realized: "Hey wait a sec, that's not how 'Bodycount' would react to a AAAA title!"

7 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

doom isnt even in the top 3 of the month lmao.

worst modern reboot alongside the tomb raider reboot.

western trash.

Lol at comparing DOOM 2016 or Eternal to cinematic trash like Tomb Raider. roflmao DOOM is pure gameplay, you dont know shit.

11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Even in the year that MS gets it's best exclusive, it is still the worst of the bunch

Meta:

Persona Royal 94

Half Life Alyx 93

Animal Crossing 91

Ori 90

Welp

and Ori 2 still stutters and hangs on Xbox1s and X:deadronda:

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Shadow of The Tomb raider was such mind numbing trash I quit it after 3 hours.

I looked awful, like a C rate Uncharted knockoff. I havent played any of the Tomb Raider reboots, I dont give a shit.

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

Lol at comparing DOOM 2016 or Eternal to cinematic trash like Tomb Raider. roflmao DOOM is pure gameplay, you dont know shit.

yeah pure gameplay inside endless locked arenas connected by shitty platforming and endless upgrade systems.

7 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

yeah pure gameplay inside endless locked arenas connected by shitty platforming and endless upgrade systems.

The platforming isnt shitty and I dont see how being locked in a place until you kill all monsters is an issue, not when the gameplay is this good.

And the upgrades system owns and keeps the game from getting stale too quickly.

Weak ass criticism from someone who hasnt played the game.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The platforming isnt shitty and I dont see how being locked in a place until you kill all monsters is an issue, not when the gameplay is this good.

And the upgrades system owns and keeps the game from getting stale too quickly.

Weak ass criticism from someone who hasnt played the game.

its an issue because its boring and theres nothing interesting to break it up, except for platforming that shouldnt ever be in a doom game and the million different upgrade systems that plague every modern game.

thats why i dont even need to play eternal as it literally doubled down on everything i hated about doom 2016. its not like you cant play an hour of that game and experience everything the reboot series has to offer.

Just now, Quad Damage said:

its an issue because its boring and theres nothing interesting to break it up, except for platforming that shouldnt ever be in a doom game and the million different upgrade systems that plague every modern game.

thats why i dont even need to play eternal as it literally doubled down on everything i hated about doom 2016. its not like you cant play an hour of that game and experience everything the reboot series has to offer.

The arena themselves are great because the combat is fun, I dont see the issue. The level design is intuitive and the platforming is a non issue after a few hours of gameplay, as it works well and better than in DOOM 2016. The various upgrades is what makes the secrets worth finding since the rewards actually bring something to the gameplay, at least most of them, which makes the level design and exploration even more satisfying.

Im sorry you can appreciate a fantastic shooter because it breaks down the major fights in specific areas. lol 

You cant see everything in a hour, the game keeps introducing new stuff to mess with and new enemies. It doesnt get stale fast at all. Maybe DOOM 2016 did near the end but thats about it.

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The arena themselves are great because the combat is fun, I dont see the issue. The level design is intuitive and the platforming is a non issue after a few hours of gameplay, as it works well and better than in DOOM 2016. The various upgrades is what makes the secrets worth finding since the rewards actually bring something to the gameplay, at least most of them, which makes the level design and exploration even more satisfying.

Im sorry you can appreciate a fantastic shooter because it breaks down the major fights in specific areas. lol 

You cant see everything in a hour, the game keeps introducing new stuff to mess with and new enemies. It doesnt get stale fast at all. Maybe DOOM 2016 did near the end but thats about it.

well the doom reboot has virtually none of the qualities i associate with fantastic shooters, like good/powerful feeling weapons, smart enemy ai, good hit reactions, a dynamic gameplay loop, or interesting encounter design.

the encounter design is: kill all enemies to unlock arena. the gameplay loop is zoom around arena, kill fodder to replenish health/ammo. then upgrade your numbers. boring boring boring. the vast upgrade systems are intrusive in a throwback/old school style shooter. if im playing doom why do i want to be in some menu upgrading upgrades? is this doom by ubisoft? that plus the heavy platforming illustrates how the reboot has become unwieldy, and needs to reboot again.

its fine if you enjoy all that but this its not doom to me, just like new tomb raider isnt tomb raider to me. its a fake old school shooter like the shadow warrior reboot. meh

Just now, Quad Damage said:

well the doom reboot has virtually none of the qualities i associate with fantastic shooters, like good/powerful feeling weapons, smart enemy ai, good hit reactions, a dynamic gameplay loop, or interesting encounter design.

the encounter design is: kill all enemies to unlock arena. the gameplay loop is zoom around arena, kill fodder to replenish health/ammo. then upgrade your numbers. boring boring boring. the vast upgrade systems are intrusive in a throwback/old school style shooter. if im playing doom why do i want to be in some menu upgrading upgrades? is this doom by ubisoft? that plus the heavy platforming illustrates how the reboot has become unwieldy, and needs to reboot again.

its fine if you enjoy all that but this its not doom to me, just like new tomb raider isnt tomb raider to me. its a fake old school shooter like the shadow warrior reboot. meh

DOOM Eternal literally has all of that. Except interesting encounter design, whatever thats supposed to mean.

Its not like the upgrade system is a huge skills trees with passive bonuses that changes nothing to the core gameplay that you gain by climbing up a tower. lmao Its actually pretty simple and right the point. I dont spend time thinking about it.

DOOM 2016 certainly isnt classic DOOM so thats fine. And thank god it isnt, I dont know about you but I dont want to spend another 20 years on the same old tired shit. 

The difference is DOOM reboot is great fun and carves its own place in todays shooter market, while Tomb Raider reboot is C tier cinematic trash that plays like everything else.

Now that more people are talking about it, maybe you can tell how to wonder the bank puzzle.

The school chapter was relatively easy.

The mansion got a bit harder with Madarame.

But holy crap, the bank.

Every enemy there is inmune to anything and I need to revamp my whole Persona, to something more psy and nuclear based.