Getting new PC stuff, what do you think?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, that makes sense. I even checked Newegg and they had it for $104 so I was confused, but I'm just dumb.

I've got 8 copies of WoW open because I'm farming the in-game equivalent of $500 USD to buy a mount they're getting rid of in a few months because it lets me use the auction house on the go. I know wh

I'm just looking to keep price down for now, I can always get more later. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I know OLOy is a newer brand, do you see anything wrong here? I mean it all seems fine to me and it's not very expensive. 

lmao I've never heard of that brand before.  I'm sure it's fine, as long as it reaches the advertised speeds, I wouldn't worry about it.

I would probably go with 32GB RAM though if I'm honest.  Next gen games could use more system RAM to store more of the game at once so that the storage bandwidth isn't thrashed.

I mean.. you'll probably be fine with 16GB.. but 32 would future proof and that shit is cheap as fuck lol

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

lmao I've never heard of that brand before.  I'm sure it's fine, as long as it reaches the advertised speeds, I wouldn't worry about it.

I would probably go with 32GB RAM though if I'm honest.  Next gen games could use more system RAM to store more of the game at once so that the storage bandwidth isn't thrashed.

I mean.. you'll probably be fine with 16GB.. but 32 would future proof and that shit is cheap as fuck lol

I'm just looking to keep price down for now, I can always get more later. 

• Upvote 1

LOL, he's buying $500 worth of PC parts just so that he could get a Xbox GamePass coupon.

I just started doing my research for my next gaming PC build.......and I've spent the past 3 days just looking into power supply units. Then it will be PC cases., and then I may actually need to wait to see how this whole upcoming CPU, and next-gen storage standards play out because that will dictate what motherboard I can buy.

2 minutes ago, nitric said:

Are you planning on being a medium warrior?

I've been on a 2600k for 9 years and I'm on lockdown, money isn't tight tight but I'm not trying to blow my load. Just looking for something that will bring me into this decade properly.. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I've been on a 2600k for 9 years and I'm on lockdown, money isn't tight tight but I'm not trying to blow my load. Just looking for something that will bring me into this decade properly.. 

3700X will do just fine.  With DirectStorage and other technologies coming to PC as well as XSX, you're going to have no problem :smoke: 

get these instead

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Exclusivity Gone

:lawl:

Goodbye Ponies

:mj:

Goodbye exclusives

:hest: