Let's remember the epic Wii game drought

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You made a big deal about the amount of effort it would require to connect a Wiimote to a PC... and it's literally as easy as pushing a sync button.  Not my fault you're too lazy and cheap to do eithe

Looking back, the Wii honestly had a decent collection of third party games. At least ones I enjoyed

Trauma Team

Fragile Dreams

Red Steel 2

A Boy and his Blob
Zack & Wiki

Sin & Punishment

Muramasa

Sonic Colors

Dead Space Extraction

Madworld

Another Code R

House of the Dead Overkill

33 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Literally a year without a single game worth shit that wasn't shovelware. The bar was set LOW.

81apj6MblFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Epic-Mickey.jpg

RDCE78.png

513tnb0eU2L._SY445_.jpg

Cooke what am I missing?

2010, nothing but shit shovelware? 

Wii Exclusives released in 2010

Mario Galaxy 2

Sin and Punishment 2

No more Heroes 2

Donkey Kong Country returns

Tat Vs Capcom 

Kerby Epic Yarn

Monster Hunter Tri

Trauma Team

Red Steel 2

Metroid other M

Golden Eye 007

Sonic Colors

:mjpls:

You picked the wrong year bro :shrug:

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, bhytre said:

Cocke used to rave about Deadly Creatures :mj:

Don't forget Red REEF too with this infamout bullshot :hest:

Worst offenders of bullshots(false advertisement)? | NeoGAF

SHEEP :rofl: 

Yea red steel 1 was hot garbage and that bull shot by Ubi Soft was laughable. 

Red Steel 2 was good though :obama:

I need to actually complete hacking my Wii so that I can play some of those obscure games.

Deadly Creatures, absolutely wanna play it. Same with Cursed Mountain and Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

I would consider playing the emulation, but I figure the amount of effort trying to get the Wiimote to work on the PC is about the same effort I need to complete download the proper I need to hack my Wii and just find ISOs and put that in a flash drive.

I genuinely do not understand what to do next after installing the Homebrew Channel.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I need to actually complete hacking my Wii so that I can play some of those obscure games.

Deadly Creatures, absolutely wanna play it. Same with Cursed Mountain and Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

I would consider playing the emulation, but I figure the amount of effort trying to get the Wiimote to work on the PC is about the same effort I need to complete download the proper I need to hack my Wii and just find ISOs and put that in a flash drive.

I genuinely do not understand what to do next after installing the Homebrew Channel.

The Wiimote connects via bluetooth... :| 

And you can use any old wii sensor bar.  I have a battery powered cordless one that I use whenever I want to play Wii games on my PC :reg: 

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The Wiimote connects via bluetooth... :| 

And you can use any old wii sensor bar.  I have a battery powered cordless one that I use whenever I want to play Wii games on my PC :reg: 

Desktop computer.........most real hermits would not be using bluetooth for any reason.

My Logitech MX Master, I believe, is using Logitech's own proprietary wireless tech with their dongle, so not even that one is bluetooth.

So, instead of buying a bluetooth dongle and some battery powered sensor bar, I should probably just finish hacking my Wii.

I also have a Sony 34" XBR Trinitron widescreen CRT tv, its was pretty much their last CRT model, I figure that is the best way to play these 480p games with low-res textures.

46 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Desktop computer.........most real hermits would not be using bluetooth for any reason.

My Logitech MX Master, I believe, is using Logitech's own proprietary wireless tech with their dongle, so not even that one is bluetooth.

So, instead of buying a bluetooth dongle and some battery powered sensor bar, I should probably just finish hacking my Wii.

I also have a Sony 34" XBR Trinitron widescreen CRT tv, its was pretty much their last CRT model, I figure that is the best way to play these 480p games with low-res textures.

You made a big deal about the amount of effort it would require to connect a Wiimote to a PC... and it's literally as easy as pushing a sync button.  Not my fault you're too lazy and cheap to do either of the things you've proposed to set out to do. :shrug: 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You made a big deal about the amount of effort it would require to connect a Wiimote to a PC... and it's literally as easy as pushing a sync button.  Not my fault you're too lazy and cheap to do either of the things you've proposed to set out to do. :shrug: 

Looks like you failed to read the first sentence of my post.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Looks like you failed to read the first sentence of my post.

No... I clearly addressed that you were too cheap to buy an adapter.  You said you considered emulation, but the reason you didn't is because you think setting up a Wiimote would be some big ordeal.  In reality it's the simplest thing.  Again... not my fault you're too cheap to buy an adapter, or too lazy to have actually finished hacking your Wii after you started.  Who starts hacking something then stops part way through?  It literally takes less than 15min....

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Looking back, the Wii honestly had a decent collection of third party games. At least ones I enjoyed

Trauma Team

Fragile Dreams

Red Steel 2

A Boy and his Blob
Zack & Wiki

Sin & Punishment

Muramasa

Sonic Colors

Dead Space Extraction

Madworld

Another Code R

House of the Dead Overkill

Muramasa. :love:

Vanillaware needs to remaster that game. If they can do Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown, they can do Muramasa. No reason not to.

Edited by Sabo