slipped a disk in my back

13 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Trying to bend a copper pipe over my knee :|

damn i thought you were in your 30s, not 60s. :| 

Sucks bro, get that shit taken care of.

My backs fucked, I've got 2 herniated discs myself. That combined with having an office job where I sit 8 hours a day is a bad recipe. I get regular sharp/annoying pains and maybe a few times a year I get absolutely brutal  sciatica that will hang around for weeks at a time. When it's bad, it's fucking bad...gets to the point where my commute literally takes twice as much time because my walking is so slow. Going from sitting to standing just becomes agonizing and I basically need to spend minutes stretching it out and stabilizing before I can start walking around. 

Most of the time it's fine, the part that sucks the most is that it flares up with no notice. I usually do one bigger snowboarding trip a year that I plan months in advance and I'm always stressing that my backs gonna act up and basically ruin the trip. 

Only thing that I'd recommend would be to incorporate a pretty diligent stretching routine into your life along with core strengthening exercise. 

Maybe kinda offtopic but i want to say sleep hygiene and the way you sleep (and on what) is important. i slept on a couch for the last 5 years or so and my back is better than ever. It's a super hard one too. 

Every back is different. You guys might need a special mattress, never get the manufactured crap for the masses, go into a specialized store and get the mattress your body needs even if you have to pay hundreds more.

Just now, kaz said:

Maybe kinda offtopic but i want to say sleep hygiene and the way you sleep (and on what) is important. i slept on a couch for the last 5 years or so and my back is better than ever. It's a super hard one too. 

Every back is different. You guys might need a special mattress, never get the manufactured crap for the masses, go into a specialized store and get the mattress your body needs even if you have to pay hundreds more.

Yeah, honestly sometime I just sleep on the floor just because that's one of the only places I can manage to fall asleep with a good posture.

I've always had trouble sleeping which leads to me doing a lot of tossing and turning and falling asleep in a pretty bad position (usually on my stomach). Fetail position with a pillow between the legs is also a solid one, especially when the pain has flared up. 

2 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah, honestly sometime I just sleep on the floor just because that's one of the only places I can manage to fall asleep with a good posture.

I've always had trouble sleeping which leads to me doing a lot of tossing and turning and falling asleep in a pretty bad position (usually on my stomach). Fetail position with a pillow between the legs is also a solid one, especially when the pain has flared up. 

yeah, that's what im saying, go to a professional who knows what kind of mattress you need. They will analyze your sleep position, body posture, consider weight, i mean everything and even make the perfect mattress for you. I would never buy a mattress just like that in a store....you have to put some money on the table for that.

I'm saying don't be cheap on your sleep quality, you will be asleep 1/3 of your life. 

I've been fortunate enough to have guessed the proper cushion-level for the way I sleep.

I'm also fortunate that I am 85%-90% sleeping on my back the entire time, i am definitely a natural back-sleeper.

Through the 2000's, I had the baddest-ass Simmons Beautyrest Worldclass King-size pillowtop mattress. It was about medium-softness. Ultimately it became too soft for me. So my next mattress ended up becoming harder cushion but with a pillowtop, so its soft at first and then hardens if you sink more than a couple of inches.

I should probably buy a sleepnumber bed should my sleeping habits or sleeping needs ever change, but I've been pretty consistent. Hell, sometimes my bed is TOO goddamn comfortable that I can't sleep. I'm laying there overthinking about things.

Been thinking about buying some sort of bed fan where it blows cool air under your blanket.

11 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

The L 3

You need a disc hydrator.  Trust me it will fix it.  Also go on youtube and watch bob and brad and Athlene x on herniated discs.  

Am I the only one who read this thread title as slipped a dick in my back and was like why is cooke making threads about his normal daily routine?

Edited by Vini