Getting a new PC, recommend components ITT

Aren't the new nvidia cards supposed to be lower wattage than the current ones ? I'll probably get whatever card is closest to 180 watts cause that's what my psu can handle and I don't want to get another psu.

I've only had a few games that used more than 50 percent of my cpu right now at 60fps.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm too old for aliemware design . That looks like something for children 

Ah I see, I'd rather go with a known brand than a new one. 

As I understand it, the PS5 is probably using PCIe 4.0 for SSD, but even then there's PCIe SSDs on the market right now, but they're still relatively slow.   Its the bandwith controller comp

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Aren't the new nvidia cards supposed to be lower wattage than the current ones ? I'll probably get whatever card is closest to 180 watts cause that's what my psu can handle and I don't want to get another psu.

I've only had a few games that used more than 50 percent of my cpu right now at 60fps.

What is the wattage on your PSU?

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

They'll either be lower or the same as the 20 series equivalent.  So 3060 or 3070 should work fine on your PSU.

4 minutes ago, kazuolicious said:

just get a xbox series x and play multiplats

oh i for sure will . But pc will be for the 2 or 3 sony games i want to play and for play anywhere/ gamepass 

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

hmm.  

I have a PC with only a 550W and I'm wonder if it's being taxed. I'm overclocking my CPU and my GPU and occasionally things might go black forcing a hard reset.  Got me wondering if my PSU is not enough. 

It's my oldest PSU, the PSUs I had before were under 500W and they all died, probably because I went over the limit. 

If I were you I'd look into going to a bigger PSU. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

hmm.  

I have a PC with only a 550W and I'm wonder if it's being taxed. I'm overclocking my CPU and my GPU and occasionally things might go black forcing a hard reset.  Got me wondering if my PSU is not enough. 

It's my oldest PSU, the PSUs I had before were under 500W and they all died, probably because I went over the limit. 

If I were you I'd look into going to a bigger PSU. 

I'm not planning on over clocking my gpu and you can't overclock an 8700 so everything will be at normal power levels . I've never had an issue with my current psu 

But id imagine w over clocking 550 watts would be dangerous especially w amd cards that are already power hungry

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

the GPU i'm using for that particular PC is the Aorus GTX 1660 Ti.   I think this GPU has a lot room to pull and with NVIDIA's driver updates in recent months, it's made this overlooked card super fast. 

Why do you have multiple computers with multiple gpus ? Seems like a waste of money.  Its like having an xbox or ps4 and buying multiplats on Ditch

39 minutes ago, Newmanspwn said:

What are you doing with your new PC? Gaming? Editing? Streaming?

Gaming and UE4. I already have an idea of what to get, just waiting for shit to get back in stock.

edit: except for a decent case and cpu cooler, not sure what to get for those.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Gaming and UE4. I already have an idea of what to get, just waiting for shit to get back in stock.

edit: except for a decent case and cpu cooler, not sure what to get for those.

If you're not planning on doing any OC and don't mind a little bit of noise, the wraith prism stock cooler that comes with it should be good enough.  If not, and you prefer an AIO (All In One) liquid cooler, then pretty much any 280mm AIO will do a great job.

As for cases, which MOBO form factor are you trying to go with?  ATX?  Then a good mid-tower ATX case would be the Fractal Meshify S2.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-s2-tempered-glass/black/

I dunno what kind of budget you want to put towards the case though.

Edited by Remij_
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If you're not planning on doing any OC and don't mind a little bit of noise, the wraith prism stock cooler that comes with it should be good enough.  If not, and you prefer an AIO (All In One) liquid cooler, then pretty much any 280mm AIO will do a great job.

Never had liquid cooling in a PC. Is it simple to set up? I know those parts are a lot cheaper nowadays then they used to be.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Never had liquid cooling in a PC. Is it simple to set up? I know those parts are a lot cheaper nowadays then they used to be.

It's extremely simple.  It's essentially the same as attaching the stock cooler.  Easy as pie these days regardless, and there's no maintenance involved, ever. (besides blowing out dust from the fans obviously)

Edited by Remij_

Another thing to keep in mind Twinblade is that you're going to need another Windows 10 license key.  So obviously I recommend using a key reselling site like G2A or what have you to buy one for like $15-20... don't spend $100 on a Win 10 key lol.

I just bought a Windows 10 Pro key for $30CAD and I'm sure in America you can find them far cheaper.. probably even $5 or $10 for Win 10 Home.

Edited by Remij_
4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Another thing to keep in mind Twinblade is that you're going to need another Windows 10 license key.  So obviously I recommend using a key reselling site like G2A or what have you to buy one for like $15-20... don't spend $100 on a Win 10 key lol.

I just bought a Windows 10 Pro key for $30CAD and I'm sure in America you can find them far cheaper.. probably even $5 or $10 for Win 10 Home.

You sure about that? Im pretty sure I can build my current W10 license to a USB, and then image my new PC with it. As long as I wipe my current one and keep it offline, the transferred license will be legit.