Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

The New Normal

probably the worst slogan for COVID19.. it makes it sound so hopeless and permanent. Couldn't it be "the temporary new normal" "this aint forever" etc etc, I cringe everytime i hear a stupid ad on the radio talking about how this business or that business is dealing with "the new normal". 

Keep Calm and Carry On 

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

You want some other version of reality, or a new slogan for your new reality? 

I want a more hopeful slogan for this reality. The new normal sounds too permanent. Its a pandemic, they do end eventually. 

37 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

probably the worst slogan for COVID19.. it makes it sound so hopeless and permanent. Couldn't it be "the temporary new normal" "this aint forever" etc etc, I cringe everytime i hear a stupid ad on the radio talking about how this business or that business is dealing with "the new normal". 

Keep Calm and Carry On 

New normal can mean better than before. You're limited by your imagination. 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

What if your leaders do want this to be permanent? What then? 

Why would they want that? They're going broke

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Well given how much the mainstream continues to fan the covid flames, i can't say im surprised that so many people are still overly paranoid about it.

You're constantly whining about Antifia yet always act like COVID is NBD. Last I checked, Anitifa hasn't killed 170k people. 

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Well given how much the mainstream continues to fan the covid flames, i can't say im surprised that so many people are still overly paranoid about it.

over 170K Americans dead and counting in 5 months..... No big deal.... Amirite? :grimaceleft:

9 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

IDK, but the whole thing is silly anyway. Lockdowns are like a nuclear bomb that kills everything except for a contagious virus.  

It really is amazing seeing how you guys must be the biggest pussies God ever let through the door.

I have never seen so much whining about a health issue is that UNDEBATEABLE as a health issue.

Its not up for debate............its a pandemic.

In a pandemic, you make sacrifices.

In a war, American people made sacrifices. Public utilities were turned off, materials were rationed. National work programs were established and people had to do things they were expected to do. There was no "choice" back then.

And now????????????

You being told to put on a mask and stay home, and you're acting like a grave mistreatment of humanity has been committed????????

Right-wingers are, easily, the biggest pussies I have ever seen in this lifetime.

Did you see the CVS that antifa destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can we recover from that????????????:lemming:

Anyways..............600 American doctors and nurses have died during the pandemic? So not only are they dead, but it strains the entire healthcare system and we lost incredibly valuable Americans with vast knowledge and abilities?

Its not really big of a deal, probably happens during the flu season every year.:lemming:

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

over 170K Americans dead and counting in 5 months..... No big deal.... Amirite? :grimaceleft:

You do realize that the original model (put together by many experts including your beloved Dr Fauci) said that up to 240K people could die even with the lockdown and social distancing measures right? I don’t understand how you can blame trump considering that we’re still well below that number.  

People have been bitching for months because ‘orange man bad!!!’ without actually thinking about things logically. If the death toll exceeds that number, then you can start questioning when and where things went wrong. Until then, you’re just coming off as a sheep who watches an unhealthy amount of CNN.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You do realize that the original model (put together by many experts including your beloved Dr Fauci) said that up to 240K people could die even with the lockdown and social distancing measures right? I don’t understand how you can blame trump considering that we’re still well below that number.  

People have been bitching for months because ‘orange man bad!!!’ without actually thinking about things logically. If the death toll exceeds that number, then you can start questioning when and where things went wrong. Until then, you’re just coming off as a sheep who watches an unhealthy amount of CNN.

lol But my Twump. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

they already upped it, internally, to 300k by the fall, genius.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Read what I said 170K AND COUNTING did you miss the AND COUNTING PART? 

By the fall unfortunately with how things are going we will be well over 200K. 

Why do you think "orange man" started hiding the numbers by having the CDC report only to the Whitehouse and not the public? Because the numbers have blown up and he is trying suppress the data. 

So wait a minute.... so you're trying to spin over 170K deaths in only 5 months as a positive thing and your threshold for Trump doing a bad job is if and when it approaches almost A QUARTER FREAKING MILLION DEATHS. 

Do you hear yourself? :interesting:

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Read what I said 170K AND COUNTING did you miss the AND COUNTING PART? 

By the fall unfortunately with how things are going we will be well over 200K. 

Why do you think "orange man" started hiding the numbers by having the CDC report only to the Whitehouse and not the public? Because the numbers have blown up and he is trying suppress the data. 

So wait a minute.... so you're trying to spin over 170K deaths in only 5 months as a positive thing and your threshold for Trump doing a bad job is if and when it approaches almost A QUARTER FREAKING MILLION DEATHS. 

Do you hear yourself? :interesting:

I like how you give me flak more making assumptions, but then post this type of bullshit without any sources. I know you have an advanced cases of TDS but still, this isn't allowed on this forum anymore.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I like how you give me flak more making assumptions, but then post this type of bullshit without any sources. I know you have an advanced cases of TDS but still, this isn't allowed on this forum anymore.

Bruh first of all... you brought up Trump.

My intial post was about you downplaying 170K Americans lives lost in 5 months as no big deal. 

You then responded bbbbut Trump is doing a good job because a quarter of a million people haven't died as yet :awww: ..... when no one was talking about Trump. 

and last but not least...... get your head out the fox News and daily mail bubble. 

"Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data" 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

“Centralizing control of all data under the umbrella of an inherently political apparatus is dangerous "

:trump3:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Bruh first of all... you brought up Trump.

My intial post was about you downplaying 170K Americans lives lost in 5 months as no big deal. 

You then responded bbbbut Trump is doing a good job because a quarter of a million people haven't died as yet :awww: ..... when no one was talking about Trump. 

and last but not least...... get your head out the fox News and daily mail bubble. 

"Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data" 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

“Centralizing control of all data under the umbrella of an inherently political apparatus is dangerous "

:trump3:

No where in the article does it state that Trump or the administration are trying to suppress data, or give evidence to that fact. you're just 100% speculating.