Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Forest Fires are starting up again in California

9 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Dems bad because low number of slave labour available? Now that's a take I can get behind. 

Or you know....they could hire & train regular people to fill those roles? Especially considering how frequent and widespread these fires seem to be. Not having a legitimate workforce on standby for these occasions is ridiculous.

Or better yet, they could come up with a forest management system that isn't complete ass. Like routinely clearing out dead trees and other foilage thats more likely to catch fire and spread it around.

Their governor is the 2nd highest payed governor in the entire country, yet hes doing almost nothing to bring these fires under control.

More agitation from these communist environmentalist groups. They set fires to blame it on climate change, and get people to blame capitalism. I can't stand this, why is the government so weak in response to all these organized communist groups? also, why are they here? Go agitate a 3rd world country or something.  

1 hour ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

More agitation from these communist environmentalist groups. th_georgew1000.gif They set fires to blame it on climate change, and get people to blame capitalism. th_georgew1000.gif I can't stand this, why is the government so weak in response to all these organized communist groups?  th_georgew1000.gif also, why are they here? Go agitate a 3rd world country or something. th_georgew1000.gif 

FTFY

On 2020-08-21 at 9:51 PM, ChupacabraIII said:

I was gonna reply to liquid about living in California but it honestly isn't worth getting into everything on this forum. Suffice to say this is the best state in the nation for a reason. :yeshrug:

:drake:

15 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

More agitation from these communist environmentalist groups. They set fires to blame it on climate change, and get people to blame capitalism. I can't stand this, why is the government so weak in response to all these organized communist groups? also, why are they here? Go agitate a 3rd world country or something.  

Lol what I find funny is that capitalism is usually the source of scorn for most conservatives. They are just too dumb to realize it and instead fall for manufactured aliases for capitalism like "globalization". 

And by dumb I don't simply mean unintelligent, but also have their biases, racism, misogyny, patriotism, or religion used against them. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Saucer said:

It's kind of cool but my lungs feel like I smoked a pack of cloves because I had my windows open all night and fans going.

We're hitting pretty high smoke numbers today in the Seattle area. Something like 80 wildfires started on Monday alone and it's gonna be upper 80s/low 90s this week with wind. :(