Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Its time to legalize all drugs

And have the government provide a safe supply for all those that need them. Make it a health issue instead of a criminal one.

Think about how much crime would be erased by this measure. Thefts for drug money, gangs selling drugs, prostitution for drug money. As well as the tainted drug supply that's killing more people than COVID. 

When people are getting a safe legal supply it brings it out into the open and they are more likely to get help.  Also this would hurt the chinese triads that are selling the fentanyl infested drugs and then laundering the proceeds, and distorting the housing markets on the west coast. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
  • Like 3

This has been my stance since I can remember. Tax it,  validate its authenticity, and regulate it. 

it was always easier to get pot vs beer in high school, and the same goes for really any illegal drug, so I mean that alone speaks volumes 

any crime committed on said drug is a full violation still and there is no “bu bu I was” excuse 

Edited by ghostz life matters
2 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

it’s bizarre and most people will raise and eye brow and legalizing heroin but really what other option is there. 

Portugal did it and the world didnt end.

https://www.mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening

I mean if you had told me a decade ago that I would go to a Government store to get my :smugd:  I would have laughed you out of the thread.

But alas, here we are. :monosmug:

I'm tired of having my shit stolen for drug money. My truck has been broken into 3 times in the past year for a pair of cheap sunglasses and a phone charger. 

It cheaper just to give them free drugs than it is to police the matter. 

47 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Big Pharma is the real reason it won’t happen tho, not the cartel

Big pharma is the reason for heroin and drug outbreaks right now. Purdue Pharma is a fucking evil company who are legal drug dealers.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Big pharma is the reason for heroin and drug outbreaks right now. Purdue Pharma is a fucking evil company who are legal drug dealers.

I don't think he means that they are good people, not rather drugs could potentially affect their profits... Which is sort of true. I feel weed being a simple to produce drug would and is affecting them. 

However legalized drugs that have therapeutic properties would probably be controlled by pharma anyway as they have the logistics and facilities that would be needed for mass production and distribution. 

56 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Big Pharma is the real reason it won’t happen tho, not the cartel

its all the same shit, its all connected, the cartel is the big pharma lol

2 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Oh yeah, riots across the country because everyone’s on weed, but fuck, we want everyone to do dangerous drugs!

If everyone was on weed and acid it would be some pretty chill riots

2 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

but fuck, we want everyone to do dangerous drugs!

Only the ones that line our pockets should be legal, even if safer ones are illegal! Oh and make certain ones illegal so that we have dat' Prison $$.

lol GOP

Edited by Substatic