Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Herman Cain died for this

5 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Never said they were contagious :| deaths are deaths are deaths 

The whole point of you bringing Car deaths months ago was to try to prove its more deadly than Covid-19 so therefore we should not overreact because it's not as deadly as a car crash. 

So again, a car crash is not contagious you clown. You cannot compare a car crash to a pandemic. 

and even when your dumbass compared it... you're still wrong because Covid19 numbers are much much higher. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at that crowd, now look at how many people have on Masks.  Almost everyone has on a mask.    Now contrast that to the pic in the OP.... almost NO ONE HAS A MASK.     

Hermeme Cain you mean 

Hopefully he won't be alone. 

Posted Images

Just now, Goukosan said:

The whole point of you bringing Car deaths months ago was to try to prove its more deadly than Covid-19 so therefore we should not overreact and because it's not as deadly as a car crash. 

So again, a car crash is not contagious. You cannot compare a car crash to a pandemic. 

and even when your dumbass compared it... you're still wrong because Covid19 numbers are much much higher. 

The point is to put it into perspective.  Thats it that's all. 

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

The point is to put it into perspective.  Thats it that's all. 

It's not the same perspective because a car crash is not a contagious virus that can spread easily from person to person.  So the preventative measures for both will be vastly different. 

Covid19 is more deadly than a car crash 

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It's not the same perspective because a car crash is not a contagious virus that can spread easily from person to person.  So the preventative measures for both will be vastly different. 

Covid19 is more deadly than a car crash 

I was simply talking about people dying. A world wide panic is unnecessary when a similar amount of people die every year from vehicular deaths and no one seems to give a fuck. You still get in your car, you still drive around, you still put yourself at risk but its completely normal for you. COVID appears like its now going to be a part of our lives for years as people are now getting reinfected. We cannot keep everything shut down forever, we cannot keep kids from school forever, we cannot destroy the world economy for COVID prevention. It will result in even more deaths than COVID could ever cause. Do ya get it now Gouk?

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
16 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I was simply talking about people dying. A world wide panic is unnecessary when a similar amount of people die every year from vehicular deaths and no one seems to give a fuck. You still get in your car, you still drive around, you still put yourself at risk but its completely normal for you. COVID appears like its now going to be a part of our lives for years as people are now getting reinfected. We cannot keep everything shut down forever, we cannot keep kids from school forever, we cannot destroy the world economy for COVID prevention. It will result in even more deaths than COVID could ever cause. Do ya get it now Gouk?

and now you triple down on the retardation :mj:

For the last time you dense ox.... a car accident is not contagious so the preventative measures between a car accident and a pandemic would be vastly different. 

What don't you understand?  almost 850K people died in 6 months and for all intents and purposes the real number is much much higher when you factor in Russia, North Korea and China severely under reporting. 

So not only does it spread easily its also more deadly than a car crash far deadly.... and this was WITH PREVENTATIVE MEASURES. 

How much higher would the death toll be if we had just let Covid19 run wild on the population?  

What's hilarious about this is this came up again because you were trying to prove you didn't say the dumb shit you said for months on end and you ended up tripling down on the dumb shit again :ovolol:

Edited by Goukosan
31 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and now you triple down on the retardation :mj:

For the last time you dense ox.... a car accident is not contagious so the preventative measures between a car accident and a pandemic would be vastly different. 

What don't you understand?  almost 850K people died in 6 months and for all intents and purposes the real number is much much higher when you factor in Russia, North Korea and China severely under reporting. 

So not only does it spread easily its also more deadly than a car crash far deadly.... and this was WITH PREVENTATIVE MEASURES. 

How much higher would the death toll be if we had just let Covid19 run wild on the population?  

What's hilarious about this is this came up again because you were trying to prove you didn't say the dumb shit you said for months on end and you ended up tripling down on the dumb shit again :ovolol:

yes and there are also preventative measures with vehicles :| whats your point? 

MY POINT IS WE CANT STAY LOCKED DOWN FOREVER IF THIS IS GOING TO BE WITH US FOR A VERY LONG TIME BECAUSE THE END RESULT WILL BE WORSE THAN WHAT COVID CAN DO. DO YOU FUCKING GET IT? too bad intelligence wasn't contagious. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

yes and there are also preventative measures with vehicles :| whats your point? 

MY POINT IS WE CANT STAY LOCKED DOWN FOREVER IF THIS IS GOING TO BE WITH US FOR A VERY LONG TIME BECAUSE THE END RESULT WILL BE WORSE THAN WHAT COVID CAN DO. DO YOU FUCKING GET IT? too bad intelligence wasn't contagious. 

The point is the preventative measures for a car crash and a pandemic are totally different. 

No one, literally no one said lock down forever, every nation is doing some sort id reopening depending... stop making up bad faith arguments. 

Yes too bad intelligence isn't contagious because your dumbass actually believed a car crash is more deadly than a pandemic :ovolol:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

The point is the preventative measures for a car crash and a pandemic are totally different. 

No one, literally no one said lock down forever, every nation is doing some sort id reopening depending... stop making up bad faith arguments. 

Yes too bad intelligence isn't contagious because your dumbass actually believed a car crash is more deadly than a pandemic :ovolol:

Do numbers not compute? 10s of millions have died in cars over the years yet we continue to drive them. Do you not get the point I am making or are you being obtuse gouk v2.0? I am saying we have to LIVE WITH COVID. The lockdown forever will be worse than the virus itself. Don't cut off your head to save your body. 

We also have laws, mandatory insurance, air bags, seat belts and years of study and research onto driving compared to less than a years worth of data on Covid. Another person got reinfected in Nevada just this week. We don’t know long term effects and many information about this virus as we should. The US’s daily average of deaths is still over 1k and will only trail cancer and heart disease as cause of death for 2020. The driving thing is a false equivalency. 

48 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Do numbers not compute? 10s of millions have died in cars over the years yet we continue to drive them. Do you not get the point I am making or are you being obtuse gouk v2.0? I am saying we have to LIVE WITH COVID. The lockdown forever will be worse than the virus itself. Don't cut off your head to save your body. 

who is pushing lock down forever? 

More people have died in 6 months WW from Covid-19 than Car crashes.

You're retarded

Edited by Goukosan
25 minutes ago, Ike said:

We also have laws, mandatory insurance, air bags, seat belts and years of study and research onto driving compared to less than a years worth of data on Covid. Another person got reinfected in Nevada just this week. We don’t know long term effects and many information about this virus as we should. The US’s daily average of deaths is still over 1k and will only trail cancer and heart disease as cause of death for 2020. The driving thing is a false equivalency. 

Cooke - "bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuut" :grimaceleft:

2 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

According to the World Health Organization, road traffic injuries caused an estimated 1.35 million deaths worldwide in the year 2016.[2]

Why a worldwide comparison between the two? China makes up almost 20% of worldwide road fatalities and I don't think anybody actually believes their COVID figures when they're reporting fewer deaths than Sweden, a country that China has 130 times the population of. Seems like a poor comparison.

Let's go with it, though. 1.35 million over 12 months means you'd expect to have 905,000 road fatalities through 8 months. COVID deaths are at about 850,000. So yeah, worldwide road fatalities are higher than COVID 8 months into the year. However, COVID has a 7-day rolling average of about 5,000, while road fatalities would average out to about 3,700 per day. So COVID is gaining on road fatalities by roughly 1,300 per day and with a gap of 55,000 we'd expect COVID to surpass road fatalities right around thanksgiving (the real one, not the one Americans use as an excuse to trample each other).

Are you correct? Yes. I think it's a poor comparison and one that even without China's numbers is very unlikely to last the year, but at this point in time what you said is indeed correct.

• Ben 1
41 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Why a worldwide comparison between the two? China makes up almost 20% of worldwide road fatalities and I don't think anybody actually believes their COVID figures when they're reporting fewer deaths than Sweden, a country that China has 130 times the population of. Seems like a poor comparison.

Let's go with it, though. 1.35 million over 12 months means you'd expect to have 905,000 road fatalities through 8 months. COVID deaths are at about 850,000. So yeah, worldwide road fatalities are higher than COVID 8 months into the year. However, COVID has a 7-day rolling average of about 5,000, while road fatalities would average out to about 3,700 per day. So COVID is gaining on road fatalities by roughly 1,300 per day and with a gap of 55,000 we'd expect COVID to surpass road fatalities right around thanksgiving (the real one, not the one Americans use as an excuse to trample each other).

Are you correct? Yes. I think it's a poor comparison and one that even without China's numbers is very unlikely to last the year, but at this point in time what you said is indeed correct.

China could have very well contained their Covid outbreak, one benefit of having an authoritarian government.  Also the chinese have no issues wearing PPE, they already wear it anyway. I used vehicular deaths for no particular reason, it was just to put Covid deaths into perspective. I could have used anything.  The fact its just another way we can die and it's not even a second thought to most of us. It's become a part of life and we live with it. 

Kids can't stay out of school forever, the harm long term would be worse than Covid. We know Covid doesn't spread as easily in children and the chances of the dying is extremely small. A child is more likely to die in a car accident by far, yet it is a manageable risk. Covid has to become about managing risk, not eliminating it. Thats impossible. Unless we do a compete and absolute lockdown for a month.

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
44 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

China could have very well contained their Covid outbreak, one benefit of having an authoritarian government.  Also the chinese have no issues wearing PPE, they already wear it anyway. I used vehicular deaths for no particular reason, it was just to put Covid deaths into perspective. I could have used anything.  The fact its just another way we can die and it's not even a second thought to most of us. It's become a part of life and we live with it.

As Ike pointed out, vehicle deaths aren't just something we live with and don't think about. We have a significant amount of laws and limitations designed to make it safer and we've never stopped pursuing paths to increasing that safety. AI cars are touted more for their potential to eliminate the majority of accidents than they are for their convenience. Every state except NH has laws making seat belts mandatory with fines for non-compliance, but you try something like that with masks and it's tyranny.

59 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Kids can't stay out of school forever, the harm long term would be worse than Covid. We know Covid doesn't spread as easily in children and the chances of the dying is extremely small. A child is more likely to die in a car accident by far, yet it is a manageable risk. Covid has to become about managing risk, not eliminating it. Thats impossible. Unless we do a compete and absolute lockdown for a month.

I don't think anybody is suggesting to keep kids out purely because of their own risk of death. A significant part of it is the teachers, administrators, parents, bus drivers, etc. that interact with kids that would also be put at risk. The science behind whether those people are actually at risk from kids is pretty unclear as we still don't know just how contagious infected kids are and what ages would be potential spreaders.

I don't think a lockdown for a month would eliminate COVID. Lockdowns with the goal of elimination aren't going to work unless you can force compliance worldwide. They work well to flatten exponential growth that looks to cripple healthcare infrastructure, but that's really about it.

I do agree that kids can't stay out of school. A significant chunk of the economy are parents who depend on schools to act as free daycare basically, so not only are teachers and staff out of jobs but anybody who can't afford daycare in lieu of school and has to show up to work is also between a rock and a hard place. And this of course says nothing about the kids whose education will be hindered. 

Teenagers and adults that don't require that supervision I'm less concerned about going back to school. Not everybody can do schooling at home as they might not have a computer, internet, or maybe they just can't do the individualized learning from home and need the lack of distractions a school offers. An opt in with smaller class sizes to mitigate the potential spread would be fine with me and that's what a good number of school districts are doing.

46 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

As Ike pointed out, vehicle deaths aren't just something we live with and don't think about. We have a significant amount of laws and limitations designed to make it safer and we've never stopped pursuing paths to increasing that safety. AI cars are touted more for their potential to eliminate the majority of accidents than they are for their convenience. Every state except NH has laws making seat belts mandatory with fines for non-compliance, but you try something like that with masks and it's tyranny.

I don't think anybody is suggesting to keep kids out purely because of their own risk of death. A significant part of it is the teachers, administrators, parents, bus drivers, etc. that interact with kids that would also be put at risk. The science behind whether those people are actually at risk from kids is pretty unclear as we still don't know just how contagious infected kids are and what ages would be potential spreaders.

I don't think a lockdown for a month would eliminate COVID. Lockdowns with the goal of elimination aren't going to work unless you can force compliance worldwide. They work well to flatten exponential growth that looks to cripple healthcare infrastructure, but that's really about it.

I do agree that kids can't stay out of school. A significant chunk of the economy are parents who depend on schools to act as free daycare basically, so not only are teachers and staff out of jobs but anybody who can't afford daycare in lieu of school and has to show up to work is also between a rock and a hard place. And this of course says nothing about the kids whose education will be hindered. 

Teenagers and adults that don't require that supervision I'm less concerned about going back to school. Not everybody can do schooling at home as they might not have a computer, internet, or maybe they just can't do the individualized learning from home and need the lack of distractions a school offers. An opt in with smaller class sizes to mitigate the potential spread would be fine with me and that's what a good number of school districts are doing.

Sorry that is too reasonable. Pick an extreme stance so people can make hyperbolic responses.