Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

2020 United States presidential debates thread (stay on-topic keep it civil or don't post)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three debates between the presidential candidates are scheduled to take place on September 29, October 15, and October 22, 2020 Keep posts civil and stay on-topic

I don't follow this person but a friend posted their take on the debate and it's a good hot take. Quite perfectly actually.    Unsolicited opinion from a black man: everything that's wrong w

Every election cycle, this happens:          'How to move to Canada': Americans rush to Google after unwatchable debate   https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/s

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

How’d those polls work out last time? :D 

Do you remember by how much Hillary was ahead in the last couple of weeks in the last election cycle?

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

"Keep it civil"

(not more than 1 page later)

"Illuminati SciFi device captured on cam pumping mind-enhancing drugs through Biden's anti-jamming microphone system'

jesus...drop the retarded conspiracy theories. 

38 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

It was almost 15% :tom: why do people use these shitty, obviously inaccurate polls as any proof LOL

No, Hillary never had a double-digit lead during the final months of the election season.

And within two weeks of election day, Hillary was only 2 points ahead.

That was mostly because of James Comey having to announced that they may have come across a computer that may have emails related to her, and that helped the Republicans with their speculation.

Even then, Hillary Clinton still got 3 million more votes than Trump.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, Hillary never had a double-digit lead during the final months of the election season.

And within two weeks of election day, Hillary was only 2 points ahead.

That was mostly because of James Comey having to announced that they may have come across a computer that may have emails related to her, and that helped the Republicans with their speculation.

Even then, Hillary Clinton still got 3 million more votes than Trump.

IMDTEj8.jpg

Two weeks before the election :tom: 

• dead 1
34 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

IMDTEj8.jpg

Two weeks before the election :tom: 

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmNope.

2d3GDX4.png

Its simply not up for debate. This, from Real Clear Politics, is the actual tabulation of all major election polls.

Viewable right here.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

You............posted a headline, without the actual contents of the article.

Nice try.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmNope.

2d3GDX4.png

Its simply not up for debate. This, from Real Clear Politics, is the actual tabulation of all major election polls.

Viewable right here.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

You............posted a headline, without the actual contents of the article.

Nice try.

That would be fine, but I was talking to a dude who was quoting CNBC. 

LOL

4 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

It was almost 15% :tom: why do people use these shitty, obviously inaccurate polls as any proof LOL

The average was around 2-3% over Trump when the comey thing happened

2 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

That would be fine, but I was talking to a dude who was quoting CNBC. 

LOL

You weren't talking with anybody.

I just showed you the actual polls, tabulating all major polls, daily, up until the election.

You don't have any such thing.............all you had was a contextless headline and you didn't post what was inside the article.

So............Nope. Let me know when you actually open up your article and manage to post the contents within.

57 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You weren't talking with anybody.

I just showed you the actual polls, tabulating all major polls, daily, up until the election.

You don't have any such thing.............all you had was a contextless headline and you didn't post what was inside the article.

So............Nope. Let me know when you actually open up your article and manage to post the contents within.

He’s actually arguing now that Hilary wasn’t far ahead the whole time. This is amazing :blessed:

32 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

He’s actually arguing now that Hilary wasn’t far ahead the whole time. This is amazing :blessed:

That is what the polls say. And I distinctly remembered that 2 point difference with two weeks left.

In fact, at the other forum, sidescrollers, I also remember pointing out that there was only a 2 point difference in the politics threads over there.

It is amazing.............how you completely lost this argument and are trying to find something else to own me with.

And the best thing you could up with was you having a shitty memory of what happened in the 2016 election.

I showed you the polls from RCP.............let me know when you can prove that wrong. I'll be waiting.

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

That is what the polls say. And I distinctly remembered that 2 point difference with two weeks left.

In fact, at the other forum, sidescrollers, I also remember pointing out that there was only a 2 point difference in the politics threads over there.

It is amazing.............how you completely lost this argument and are trying to find something else to own me with.

And the best thing you could up with was you having a shitty memory of what happened in the 2016 election.

I showed you the polls from RCP.............let me know when you can prove that wrong. I'll be waiting.

Wait... all that to tell me that the polls were wrong (as I stated)? :blessed:

1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

Wait... all that to tell me that the polls were wrong (as I stated)? :blessed:

How are they wrong, when the RCP polling average matches up with what I am saying.

Notice how you aren't actually showing any real numbers to back up what you are saying, and can't debunk the RCP graph that I showed?

I notice.

You already lost this argument. Let me know when you have something real to post instead of trying to post question that make it look like you have a clever point to make (that you actually don't, LOL).

Just now, jehurey said:

How are they wrong, when the RCP polling average matches up with what I am saying.

Notice how you aren't actually showing any real numbers to back up what you are saying, and can't debunk the RCP graph that I showed?

I notice.

You already lost this argument. Let me know when you have something real to post instead of trying to post question that make it look like you have a clever point to make (that you actually don't, LOL).

My proof is Trump won 304 to 227 :D it wasn’t even close :blessed: where are your polls for that? :tom5:

Just now, ghostz life matters said:

My proof is Trump won 304 to 227 :D it wasn’t even close :blessed: where are your polls for that? :tom5:

Actually it was close.

Three states literally are decided by less than 79,000 votes, combined, by 0.2, 0.7, and 0.8 percentage points in those three states. Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

And that would've swinged the electoral college by 46 electoral votes, and given Clinton the victory. Trump goes down to 258, and Clinton gets 273.

If you've ever read any poll in your life (and its probably that you haven't) you'd know that there's a margin of error, and 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percent would fall within it.

This is all literally explainable............but you don't want an explanation, because you're pathetically trying to run to different tangents.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Actually it was close.

Three states literally are decided by less than 79,000 votes, combined, by 0.2, 0.7, and 0.8 percentage points in those three states. Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

And that would've swinged the electoral college by 46 electoral votes, and given Clinton the victory. Trump goes down to 258, and Clinton gets 273.

If you've ever read any poll in your life (and its probably that you haven't) you'd know that there's a margin of error, and 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percent would fall within it.

This is all literally explainable............but you don't want an explanation, because you're pathetically trying to run to different tangents.

Plenty of polls by major networks said Hilary had a huge lead, just like they’re saying Biden had a huge lead. 

you have one month until you’re permed btw, remember our little Bet? :smug: