Sreies to only have 364gb available???

512GB is utter shit for modern games. I've been out of the loop with the new consoles but how do you upgrade that if needed? can you just slot your own in like PS4?

I got a 2TB SSD for my PC (one of the slim stick ones) and it was probably the most expensive component. No way are you getting anything close to that in a console due to costs. Therefore what are you meant to do? how do you balance the cost/storage?

6 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I've been out of the loop with the new consoles but how do you upgrade that if needed? can you just slot your own in like PS4?

Yes and no. You can use any drive you want, even a slow ass HDD, as a storage drive. You can't run games off of it, though, and need to swap the game onto the internal storage to play it.

PS5 is the same, but there's also an NVME expansion slot in the system that you'll probably eventually end up able to just toss any NVME SSD in and run games off of it that meets some read/write speed requirement.

8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Also sheep talking shit about an internal storage number that's 11 times larger than the 32GB in the Switch. :rofl:

Hey fuck face I got a 256 gb sd card for 40 dollars and also Switch games aren't 100gb+.  Fucking retard

32 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

512GB is utter shit for modern games. I've been out of the loop with the new consoles but how do you upgrade that if needed? can you just slot your own in like PS4?

I got a 2TB SSD for my PC (one of the slim stick ones) and it was probably the most expensive component. No way are you getting anything close to that in a console due to costs. Therefore what are you meant to do? how do you balance the cost/storage?

If you want to expand the storage that you can play games off of you have to buy a proprietary SSD that costs 219 dollars.  

27 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Hey fuck face I got a 256 gb sd card for 40 dollars

An SD card with sub-HDD load times lmao

32 minutes ago, lostfool said:

also Switch games aren't 100gb+.  Fucking retard

Yeah, you're right. They're just too big for the internal storage period.

LA Noire on Switch is so big it can't fit on your system memory

:rofls:

• Haha 1

at the end of the gen you are forced to buy more because you can't install a single game :mj:  ms is so shortsighted, that's why they and lemshites lose... buuh buuh the plaans :crymore:

2 hours ago, kazi said:

at the end of the gen you are forced to buy more because you can't install a single game :mj:  ms is so shortsighted, that's why they and lemshites lose... buuh buuh the plaans :crymore:

Series s games won't be as big as series x or ps5 games . It'll probably be comparable to the ps5s storage