Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

In what ways do high taxes benefit you?

5 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

In America we have extremely high taxes.

What ways have they benefited you?

Asking 

You're typing on internet that whose high-speed fiber-optics lines were installed with those taxes.

And, no, you don't have high taxes. Its even higher in Europe. Where they have universal healthcare.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You're typing on internet that whose high-speed fiber-optics lines were installed with those taxes.

And, no, you don't have high taxes. Its even higher in Europe. Where they have universal healthcare.

I believe I have cable internet from comcast.

Anything else? anything at all? My dad pays $2000 a month in taxes, that's quite a lot. 

3 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Anything else? anything at all? My dad pays $2000 a month in taxes, that's quite a lot. 

Chances are you aren't remotely close to giving accurate information about your dad.  Is it income taxes, is it property taxes, is it capital gains taxes?

Pull out a dollar bill.

Do you want that dollar bill to actually have value?

Well, it doesn't have value unless there's a large country that is operated by a government, a military, and a court system that establishes value to the dollar bill you are holding.

Did you think that a government somehow operates............for free?

55 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

You are fucking stupid

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

:lawl:

Estimated-Tax-1.jpg.1f61cab327d71bed6d9fdc12d30dc09b.jpg

If you're middle class in America, you pay $20,400 a year. 

What do you get with that amount? 

For comcast cable's service email.png.4830ab90ffe16dd29b0d5dfb86e0bc15.png

It costs 2,400 a year, and that's for the best internet you can get for like a family. 

I tried to just google health insurance obamacare, but my professor told me he pays 20,000 for health care for his moderately large family because obamacare is so expensive. SO it's like a double tax, like $40,000 if you're a middle class person in a major american city.  That leaves you 60k for everything else. Pretty good for lame gamers who just buy videogames, but difficult for people who raise a family, buy a house, own a car, and save up to start their own business (or even retirement).

So what do you get? What's so great about taxes? 

1 hour ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

It costs 2,400 a year, and that's for the best internet you can get for like a family. 

I tried to just google health insurance obamacare, but my professor told me he pays 20,000 for health care for his moderately large family because obamacare is so expensive. SO it's like a double tax, like $40,000 if you're a middle class person in a major american city.  That leaves you 60k for everything else. Pretty good for lame gamers who just buy videogames, but difficult for people who raise a family, buy a house, own a car, and save up to start their own business (or even retirement).

Your roads.

Your standards in food, safety, water, building code

The biggest army in the world

Obamacare still remains expensive because its still insurance through PRIVATELY OWNED, FOR-PROFIT INSURANCE COMPANIES.

Universal healthcare is more efficient, and therefore cheaper.

So..............you're basically asking "how does America work" because you don't anything about how any of this works?

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Your roads.

Your standards in food, safety, water, building code

The biggest army in the world

Obamacare still remains expensive because its still insurance through PRIVATELY OWNED, FOR-PROFIT INSURANCE COMPANIES.

Universal healthcare is more efficient, and therefore cheaper.

So..............you're basically asking "how does America work" because you don't anything about how any of this works?

2019_Federal_Budget_Infographic.thumb.png.f5574e0656476cb7a4fc7a92a9a5c812.png

1 hour ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

2019_Federal_Budget_Infographic.thumb.png.f5574e0656476cb7a4fc7a92a9a5c812.png

Why are you posting GDP?

Taxes isn't GDP, you do know that, right?

Why don't you show the chart of military spending from the tax revenue that's collected.

So................you really are stupid, or you are intentionally posting with a pre-determined agenda. Well, we already know that, since you posed a question that you usually see from a"this-guy-i-use-to-know-from-high-school"'s facebook feed.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Why are you posting GDP?

Taxes isn't GDP, you do know that, right?

Why don't you show the chart of military spending from the tax revenue that's collected.

So................you really are stupid, or you are intentionally posting with a pre-determined agenda. Well, we already know that, since you posed a question that you usually see from a"this-guy-i-use-to-know-from-high-school"'s facebook feed.

unreal how stupid this reply is 

9 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

unreal how stupid this reply is 

Sorry, answer the question, or explain why my reply is stupid.

I told you to look at military spending percentage within taxes, and you went and compared it in relation to GDP, which is something different.

Looks like your shitty bait thread has failed on you.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, answer the question, or explain why my reply is stupid.

I told you to look at military spending percentage within taxes, and you went and compared it in relation to GDP, which is something different.

Looks like your shitty bait thread has failed on you.

This is indeed not my image, man, but the image just shows a pie chart that compares what we spend on stuff compared to other things. GDP is one part of the information on the picture. 

8 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Your professor is lying and your question about what's so great about taxes is beyond stupid.  Taxes is what pays for the infrastructure of your city, state , country.  Are you seriously this clueless?  

We have some of the finest open spaces and state parks thanks to all of our tax revenue in Washington. I was also on state medicaid for my health insurance and had no issues and no cost before I got my current job. We have an outstanding school system and excellent colleges and universities. The public transit system here is world class. There's a lot of great things that my state uses my tax dollars on.

5 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

This is indeed not my image, man, but the image just shows a pie chart that compares what we spend on stuff compared to other things. GDP is one part of the information on the picture. 

No it isn't.

Thanks for admitting that you had a pre-determined agenda before pretending to ask a naive question.