If you're playing Cyberpunk on PS5 or XSeX read this

So I decided to give this game a whirl on my Series X and I was surprised how disgusting it looked at first glance and then I figured out the settings need to be messed with. 

• First off HDR is not turned on by default, even though it seems like it because PS5 and XseX always run with HDR enabled. Go to HDR settings turn it on to HDR10, now because the implementation is terrible it immediately washes out black levels so here's what I would recommend: Turn down the tone mapping to 1 instead of 2, this fixes the black crush issue. Then turn the maximum brightness setting all the way up to maximize the nit output your panel is capable of. The white point setting is up to you it's just for the UI, if you have an OLED I would bring it down a little to minimize burn in. 

• Second thing to do is to turn of all the ridiculous post processing effects that CDPR thought would be a good idea to include by default. Turn off Chromatic Aberration, Film Grain and Motion Blur. This is the most important thing. It makes the game look so much better and all the details aren't hidden behind shitty effects any more. I also shut off all the other settings because it made everything look better but the other 2 are up to you. 

• Third thing is to tweak controller settings to minimize the input lag. Again, CDPR provided all the customization tools but forgot to actually tweak this for consoles by default. Go to controller settings, turn on advanced options and bring down the horizontal and vertical turning bonuses to 0. This makes it feel more like COD and I'm way more effective at combat with no aim assist. 

Anyway, enjoy this flop lmao but at least play it the right way. 

9 minutes ago, Pureis said:

:biggrin: FFS, just get the PC version. This game is obviously built from the ground up for PC, no amount of tweaking will save it on console.

That's not what the game looks like on the X at all use the settings I posted

30 minutes ago, Vini said:

I'm currently playing on my girl's PS5 and I'll upload a clip and prove to you guys that's not what it looks like on PS5 and X. And X looks even better than PS5 because it has a quality mode.  

What framerate does quality mpde run at?

2 hours ago, Vini said:

I'm currently playing on my girl's PS5 and I'll upload a clip and prove to you guys that's not what it looks like on PS5 and X. And X looks even better than PS5 because it has a quality mode.  

If its in HDR, the recorded clip may not accurately capture what you are seeing.

Especially if you are on an OLED.

Their HDR settings, by defaults, are really silly. But I guess they're meant for Samsung LEDs that have pathetic black levels, so they try to create more contrast with more brightness.

Same would apply for PC gamers and their pathetic washed-out IPS monitors.

John from Digital Foundry ended his video by declaring to everybody that he's playing it on an OLED. I'm certain that I started that trend, and I'm not gonna stop it. Because this game IS the OLED's killer app.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Lmao yep.... every other display is the reason why the game looks like washed out shit on your oleds :hest:

LOL he's coming after my OLED display, again.:tom: I think I'm going to have him butthurt posting through the weekend.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

If its in HDR, the recorded clip may not accurately capture what you are seeing.

Especially if you are on an OLED.

Their HDR settings, by defaults, are really silly. But I guess they're meant for Samsung LEDs that have pathetic black levels, so they try to create more contrast with more brightness.

Same would apply for PC gamers and their pathetic washed-out IPS monitors.

John from Digital Foundry ended his video by declaring to everybody that he's playing it on an OLED. I'm certain that I started that trend, and I'm not gonna stop it. Because this game IS the OLED's killer app.

Yeah it's an HDR clip I'm just waiting for 4k to process which takes 6 hours apparently. Right now it looks awesome playing back on my MacBook in 1080p

The default settings are a problem for any HDR display. CDPR just rushed this whole thing. Hopefully will be ironed out 

Edited by Vini