Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Biden should (prolly gonna) pardon Trump

Yeah we need to move on, if Biden really wants to heal he should pardon, even if the Senate convicts him. 

Trump's still gonna be tied up with major state lawsuits (NY, GA, etc..), but as a symbolic gesture this would go a long way. 

I know some of you will strongly disagree but yeah

9 minutes ago, Vini said:

Yeah we need to move on, if Biden really wants to heal he should pardon, even if the Senate convicts him. 

Trump's still gonna be tied up with major state lawsuits (NY, GA, etc..), but as a symbolic gesture this would go a long way. 

No.  If Trump gets pardoned after all this shit it sends a bar signal that there are no consequences. The next person to emulate Trump would the be more extreme because what is there to lose if you're going to get pardoned in the end? 

24 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No.  If Trump gets pardoned after all this shit it sends a bar signal that there are no consequences. The next person to emulate Trump would the be more extreme because what is there to lose if you're going to get pardoned in the end? 

I think the precedent of prosecuting a former president is worse than pardoning a potentially criminal one.  

Coming from a country that does this trust me you don't want to get into this spiral. Once one president gets prosecuted it's open season for every president in the future. (And past ones too).

I know you want blood now, but the other half the country will want it even more 4, 8, 12 years from now. 

Edited by Vini
23 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

your-transformation-is-complete.jpg.0e6148a7ef5717a639a21b55ae396989.jpg

Ah the Resetera PHD mind reader psychologist is on the case. 

You must be the Professor X of Antifa

Edited by Vini
26 minutes ago, Vini said:

Ah the Resetera PHD mind reader psychologist is on the case. 

You must be the Professor X of Antifa

While I'd love to say I'm the Batman of ANTIFA, it really doesn't take a genius to piece any of this together. A self-dealing, corrupt, racist, pathological liar conman as President? Whose fucking dumb as rocks. What could go wrong? 

Like wtf did people and you included think would happen? I admit I did predict that he would be impeached in 2 years, so I was off a bit. So, here we are. 5 years later, from fake Bernie Bro to simping for a Trump pardon. Take this L like a champ. 

2 hours ago, Vini said:

I think the precedent of prosecuting a former president is worse than pardoning a potentially criminal one.  

Coming from a country that does this trust me you don't want to get into this spiral. Once one president gets prosecuted it's open season for every president in the future. (And past ones too).

I know you want blood now, but the other half the country will want it even more 4, 8, 12 years from now. 

You do the crime, you do the time. 

7 hours ago, Vini said:

Oh oh

"McConnell said Trump 'fed lies' to mob about Biden election" 

“The mob was fed lies," McConnell said. “They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of branch of the federal government.”

not looking too good Vini. 

14 hours ago, Vini said:

Supports the shittest most divisive President in history who single handedly divided the country worse than in over a century

Then asks for civility

No shame at all 

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

This is a fitting end to Vini's Trump apologism bullshit that he was peddling for four years.

How'd that swamp draining, go, Vini?

Selling pardon's for $2 million dollars?

Any money Vini saw this shit on like tucker Carlsons Twitter or something and it sounded like a good idea to him. 

Hey @Vini the VERY THING you created your entire narrative of "Trump's at least banning his own white house from being lobbyists, so that's good!!" that you have spent the past 3.5 years.............literally....................LITERALLY..........just went out the fucking window right now.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-revocation-executive-order-13770/

Executive Order on the Revocation of Executive Order 13770

Issued on: January 20, 2021

By the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and sections 3301 and 7301 of title 5, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.  Revocation.   Executive Order 13770 of January 28, 2017, “Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Appointees,” is hereby revoked, effective at noon January 20, 2021.  Employees and former employees subject to the commitments in Executive Order 13770 will not be subject to those commitments after noon January 20, 2021.

Sec. 2.  General Provisions.   (a)  Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b)  This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c)  This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
January 19, 2021.

So the whole thing you have been hanging your hat in regards of defending Trump, the claim that he's draining the stop by making his own White House ineligible to become lobbyists after they leave the White House, he just completely rescinded that, and all of his aides can now be lobbyists.

he just passed this executive order with 12 hours left in office.

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Why a second thread on this? lol

Forgot I made that one. 

And lmao at Jerry ITT

Chronic TDS

Edited by Vini
12 hours ago, Voidler said:

Supports the shittest most divisive President in history who single handedly divided the country worse than in over a century

Then asks for civility

No shame at all 

You got me confused with someone else fuck outta here with that holier than thou bs. I never outright supported or voted for Trump, I still like him and a lot of things he did. Get over it.  I also think he deserves to be convicted.   

And Trump isn't the cause of our divisions you're retarded if you believe that. 

Edited by Vini