Justice League Snyder cut

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tried those old movies they're too cheesy to sit through now but I agree Reeve killed it  

The Boys is the best superhero franchise

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I always wondered why 2 started off so good and then turned into a goofy mess. 

There's a chill documentary about it. It's interesting in alot of ways. Apparently Warner Brothers were barely even aware they owned the Superman property. They let some shifty producers make it and it accidentally became a good movie dispite the producers harassing Donner on a daily basis. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

There's a chill documentary about it. It's interesting in alot of ways. Apparently Warner Brothers were barely even aware they owned the Superman property. They let some shifty producers make it and it accidentally became a good movie dispite the producers harassing Donner on a daily basis. 

From what I Google'd Donner wss involved in some capacity to share his original vision and gave his blessing for the Donner cut. 

Yeah I saw the Donner cut way back when I was renting blu-rays to test out the new PS3.

Its a solid movie, the encounter and eventual takedown of Zod is rather predictable, but they avoid doing anything stupid.

The more I think about this, the more I only blame Snyder for half of this, and not give him full blame.

The Marvel movies best trick is that they hide the disney-fication. The Warner bros. DC movies make no such attempt at Disney-fying anything.

That's a double-edged sword because on paper, the Warner Bros. execs will say "if we make comic book movies, then lets just design the movie around that demographic" and that leads to more-bleak-than-usual and brooding superhero narratives.

Also, if you notice. The DC movies don't have accessory characters to help deliver comic-relief. Marvel movies are like putting a superhero around 4 or 5 actors that would be in a sitcom (think TV show Buffy being surrounded by 5 people who have no powers)

Batman is surrounded by just Alfred, Commissioner Gordon is not going to provide comic relief. Superman is almost always operating by himself. Only when Clark Kent is at The Daily Planet do we actually get some pleasant scenes (not many of them in BvS).

Also, here's the other major Disneyfication in Marvel movies: innocents don't die.

And the more you think about it, the stupider it feels to watch Marvel movies.

Seriously? Nobody died at the 2012 Battle of New York? OH, that big flying creature was only nicking at the corners of buildings, and windows, and he fell on the roof of a building.

Nobody died at Sokovia besides a handful of people? Oh, they brought these big-ass ships to get them off.

It wasn't until Civil War where Scarlett Witch threw a suicide bomber up higher and he did what? Like blow up two apartment units? And killed like 10 people?

And ONLY THEN were the world governments like "this is too much!!" and Tony Stark was agreeing with them?

If Zack Snyder did that with Batman and Superman fighting a real city-wide threat, comic book fans would absolutely slaughter him. You just can't do that.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yeah I saw the Donner cut way back when I was renting blu-rays to test out the new PS3.

Its a solid movie, the encounter and eventual takedown of Zod is rather predictable, but they avoid doing anything stupid.

The more I think about this, the more I only blame Snyder for half of this, and not give him full blame.

The Marvel movies best trick is that they hide the disney-fication. The Warner bros. DC movies make no such attempt at Disney-fying anything.

That's a double-edged sword because on paper, the Warner Bros. execs will say "if we make comic book movies, then lets just design the movie around that demographic" and that leads to more-bleak-than-usual and brooding superhero narratives.

Also, if you notice. The DC movies don't have accessory characters to help deliver comic-relief. Marvel movies are like putting a superhero around 4 or 5 actors that would be in a sitcom (think TV show Buffy being surrounded by 5 people who have no powers)

Batman is surrounded by just Alfred, Commissioner Gordon is not going to provide comic relief. Superman is almost always operating by himself. Only when Clark Kent is at The Daily Planet do we actually get some pleasant scenes (not many of them in BvS).

Also, here's the other major Disneyfication in Marvel movies: innocents don't die.

And the more you think about it, the stupider it feels to watch Marvel movies.

Seriously? Nobody died at the 2012 Battle of New York? OH, that big flying creature was only nicking at the corners of buildings, and windows, and he fell on the roof of a building.

Nobody died at Sokovia besides a handful of people? Oh, they brought these big-ass ships to get them off.

It wasn't until Civil War where Scarlett Witch threw a suicide bomber up higher and he did what? Like blow up two apartment units? And killed like 10 people?

And ONLY THEN were the world governments like "this is too much!!" and Tony Stark was agreeing with them?

If Zack Snyder did that with Batman and Superman fighting a real city-wide threat, comic book fans would absolutely slaughter him. You just can't do that.

Yea but if you recall critics panned snyder for "too much destruction and casualties" in Man of Steel. Which makes no sense there are aliens fighting. 

43 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

He gets panned because he's a terrible story teller. 

:D You keep saying that yet he apperently told a better superhero team up story in one 4 hour movie than Marvel managed with 4 Avengers movies. 

BTW Those aren't my words

https://variety.com/2021/film/reviews/zack-snyders-justice-league-review-ben-affleck-gal-gadot-henry-cavill-1234928648/

But the other way the experience of “Justice League” is shaped by timing is that now that Snyder has restored the film to its pop operatic grandeur, it strikingly echoes the sinister extravagance of the “Avengers” saga.

“Justice League” accomplishes in four hours what those films did in nine

Edited by Vini
11 hours ago, Vini said:

:D You keep saying that yet he apperently told a better superhero team up story in one 4 hour movie than Marvel managed with 4 Avengers movies. 

BTW Those aren't my words

https://variety.com/2021/film/reviews/zack-snyders-justice-league-review-ben-affleck-gal-gadot-henry-cavill-1234928648/

But the other way the experience of “Justice League” is shaped by timing is that now that Snyder has restored the film to its pop operatic grandeur, it strikingly echoes the sinister extravagance of the “Avengers” saga.

“Justice League” accomplishes in four hours what those films did in nine

Lol I'm confused. Like only Snyder movie has ever gotten good reviews but that's fine because they were limp wristed, feminist vegans who couldn't handle his pubescent macho energy. 

Now one review says it's better than Avengers and you act like you lost your virginity. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol I'm confused. Like only Snyder movie has ever gotten good reviews but that's fine because they were limp wristed, feminist vegans who couldn't handle his pubescent macho energy. 

Now one review says it's better than Avengers and you act like you lost your virginity. 

so mad :D 

8 hours ago, Substatic said:

lmao I'm not watching a movie at 4:3. Fuck this.

Yeah, like........that's a real mistake.

if you're paying another $70 million for re-shoots, then have Snyder edit a widescreen version for HBOmax.

And not only that, you could probably make some money back if you play this at IMAX theaters.

The people that would pay for this to be in IMAX would not fill a movie theater, so you could do spaced-seating, and you should be able to provide an intermission halfway through, so that people can load up on buying more popcorn and drinks and food.

Its a win-win.

But they're not playing this movie here in Texas, which clearly means they must not be playing it in theaters at all.

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

it flows much better than the first. Movie is somewhat decent now. 

I didn’t watch much of the original, but I’m really enjoying this director’s cut.  I’m at the 3 hour mark. 

I will see the movie with my friend at his place tomorrow (shame, he has a big tv, but he doesn't have 4K and HDR or a surround system like mines).

But I hear that Zack Snyder is pretty much leaving his story threads intact which, if he's allowed in the future, he would set up future Justice League movies.

And, according to the comic book nerds, this is why he had scenes like this in Batman vs Superman.

He was setting up this:

Spoiler

The United League battles Darkseid & is defeated. Aquaman dies. Darkseid later boom tubes into the Batcave & murders Lois. Wonder Woman tries to defend her but fails at the cost of both their lives. Batman was responsible for keeping Lois safe & Superman blames Batman for her death. Superman succumbs to the Anti-Life equation. Superman becomes Darkseid’s most powerful slave. The world belongs to Darkseid. The remaining members of the Justice League are Batman, The Flash & a Cyborg that is ripped in half. They use the cosmic treadmill to travel to two distinct points in time that are perfectly lined up with the time they are in now. One is the scene we see in BvS where Flash warns Bruce about Superman. But he was too soon. Cyborg wants to go with this point in time but Bruce remembers the scene in BvS & knows that will not work. The other point in time is right before Darkseid kills Lois in the Batcave. Flash saves Lois & warns Bruce. The League unites to take the fight to Darkseid, stronger than ever.

Edited by jehurey
  • Vini changed the title to Justice League Snyder cut