Next-gen PSVR controller

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL he's now crying that I reminded him that the game wasn't even considered on their top 25 overall list

:lawl:

no, it doesn't rely on capacitive sensors..........because it has full finger tracking.

Oculus controller do not have that, they only have binary "touch" or "no touch"

Which means it only detects when the finger has gripped the handle, or not gripping the handle. Does not detect how far the finger is away in the slightest.

It has to rely on the headset camera for that.

Wrong again.

And you had to get LECTURED again, by me.

Damn, you keep on getting Stossel'd

LavishInconsequentialCrossbill.webp

I never assumed it made their top VR list...lmao.. The reason I'm laughing at you in the first place is because you RUN to them..

LMAO Jerry Gerstmann :mj: 

And sweetie... they spell it right out for you.... LOL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/         Features The new VR controller enables players to feel and interact

Seriously, fucking stop wasting money on this. GTA online with a controller is more immersive than any VR game can hope to be in a next 2 decades. 

Four!  

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I never assumed it made their top VR list...lmao..

I love how you keep on trying to just change the context to "their VR list" and it doesn't work, because I keep on reminding you that they don't give a shit about the game at all in their actual overall list.

Which is what my first post was all about.

And then you continue to show me how desperate you are, but trying to change the context all over again.

I also love how you are showing me how desperate you are by wanting to just keep the subject on Giant bomb, because you're losing the other, major argument about the VR controller tech.

It really is hilarious watching you do all of this in real-time, and how you are telling me that you are aware you lost this argument.

And that you DID GET LECTURED by me because you apparently A.) Don't know much about the hardware you bought, or B.) Got caught lying about the hardware you bought.

Take your pick, either scenario is equally satisfying for me.:drake:

Just now, jehurey said:

Poor guy is getting Stossel'd really hard, now.

I love how stupid you are while trying to act so confident :mj: 

The controllers can also detect players’ fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers, similar to modern VR controllers from Valve, HTC and Oculus.

Yep... it's RIGHT THERE... they feature the same "detection" as Oculus controllers.  You can put your finger OVER the button.. and it detects your fingers are there... 

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I love how stupid you are while trying to act so confident :mj: 

The controllers can also detect players’ fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers, similar to modern VR controllers from Valve, HTC and Oculus.

Yep... it's RIGHT THERE... they feature the same "detection" as Oculus controllers.  You can put your finger OVER the button.. and it detects your fingers are there... 

Notice how they use Valve in that.

Valve is using proximity sensor.

Oculus has to use CAMERAS to do FULL FINGER DETECTION.

You are wrong.

Saying its the same as oculus and its CAPACITIVE sensors................it straight up wrong.

And you know it.

Full finger detection.

And if you read that sentence, what they are highlighting is that the finger detection is still working EVEN THOUGH THERE'S A BUTTON there.

They are not saying "you have finger detection BECAUSE of those three areas where there are buttons"

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

uh................you do understand that the actual PS Blog does NOT have that quote and does not say "Valve, HTC and Oculus" by name, right?

You just posted a quote from somebody other than Sony.

Jesus christ. You just got Stossel'd again.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Notice how they use Valve in that.

Valve is using proximity sensor.

You are wrong.

Saying its the same as oculus and its CAPACITIVE sensors................it straight up wrong.

And you know it.

Full finger detection.

And if you read that sentence, what they are highlighting is that the finger detection is still working EVEN THOUGH THERE'S A BUTTON there.

They are not saying "you have finger detection BECAUSE of those three areas where there are buttons"

Nope... they say... what SONY are telling them..  YOU are saying what Sony prototyped... 

They also prototyped split controllers you know :drake: 

:lawl: 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

uh................you do understand that the actual PS Blog does NOT have that quote and does not say "Valve, HTC and Oculus" by name, right?

You just posted a quote from somebody other than Sony.

Jesus christ. You just got Stossel'd again.

Yes.. because the point is how people interpret the meaning..

And you... are wrong... and basing it purely off a prototype LOL

Just now, Remij said:

Yes.. because the point is how people interpret the meaning..

And you... are wrong... and basing it purely off a prototype LOL

so................you are relying on people who are NOT Sony.

So, you just lost the argument. because you are now admitting the very thing that I said you were doing.

Thanks for that.

Just now, Ike said:

Looks like you’ll need to buy a new headset to use these and it won’t be compatible with OG PSVR. :mjcry:

well, yeah?

who would combine PSVR2 controllers with a PSVR1 headset?

At this point, it appears that the controllers will be sending their input information to the headset, and the headset would send that info to the console through one cable.

Or else, you would have to connect each controller to the PS5 as its separate bluetooth device. I guess that's still very possible, but it might make for a messier setup.

Also, these controllers do not appear to require any PS Camera.

16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so................you are relying on people who are NOT Sony.

So, you just lost the argument. because you are now admitting the very thing that I said you were doing.

Thanks for that.

I'm relying on what Sony is saying RIGHT NOW...

You're depending on an old prototype video :mj: 

and LOL

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm relying on what Sony is saying RIGHT NOW...

You're depending on an old prototype video :mj: 

and LOL

Its using THE CAMERA for finger tracking.

Which is what I already said.

here I will post the proof right now:

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Which is what you continually tried to OMIT, as you tried to clearly say that Oculus did finger tracking with Capacitive sensors.

Sweetie..............you're not just smart enough to get away with any of this. Why do you keep on doing this when it ends with my giving you the Stossel?????????

:drake:

No, Sony is talking about how it can do finger detection even though there are buttons present. PHYSICAL objects in between the finger and the sensor.

Which means there's a proximity sensor.

Which is based on what they talk and show in their earlier patent information.

Surprised they even made this FLOP. PS4 had 120 million users and only 5 million VR headsets sold. Next to no games released for that POS yet here they are again ready to sell you another over priced FLOP that will have no support.

43 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Factually not true but keep being dumb on purpose

LOL it probably is true.

Maybe you haven't been seeing Xbox sales these past couple of years.

Edited by jehurey
4 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its using THE CAMERA for finger tracking.

Which is what I already said.

here I will post the proof right now:

Which is what you continually tried to OMIT, as you tried to clearly say that Oculus did finger tracking with Capacitive sensors.

Sweetie..............you're not just smart enough to get away with any of this. Why do you keep on doing this when it ends with my giving you the Stossel?????????

:drake:

No, Sony is talking about how it can do finger detection even though there are buttons present. PHYSICAL objects in between the finger and the sensor.

Which means there's a proximity sensor.

Which is based on what they talk and show in their earlier patent information.

You're.... the DUMBEST motherfucker period :mj: 

I never ONCE said Oculus does finger tracking with capacitive sensors..

And no sweetie... finger detection ISN'T finger tracking... :lemming:  Oculus' controllers DETECT where your fingers are... through the capacitive sensors.. just like Sony's controller here.

Notice the language they use.... there's a reason why they say "finger-touch detection" and not "finger tracking"

Moron :mj: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

You're.... the DUMBEST motherfucker period :mj: 

I never ONCE said Oculus does finger tracking with capacitive sensors..

yes you did, you clearly insinuated it.

im fact, i caught you and said that it can't do finger tracking without the cameras (you had been talking about it up until that point), and that made you even madder and explode with another.

that's the thing...........you intentionally make insinuations, and then when i catch you, you end up doing a whole series of "i never once said......"

you're doing it right now.

got anymore arguments to lose, Beggij?:lawl: