Next-gen PSVR controller

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/

51049009237_c10c6735b4_c.jpg

51048196283_a523684447_c.jpg

51049009217_30e502d7fa_c.jpg

Features
The new VR controller enables players to feel and interact with games in a much more visceral way. There are several features, including key features from the DualSense controller, which match our vision for what next-generation VR games can be.

●      Adaptive triggers: Each VR controller (Left and Right) includes an adaptive trigger button that adds palpable tension when pressed, similar to what’s found in the DualSense controller. If you’ve played a PS5 game, you’ll be familiar with the tension in the L2 or R2 buttons when you press them, such as when you’re drawing your bow to fire an arrow. When you take that kind of mechanic and apply it to VR, the experience is amplified to the next level.

●       Haptic feedback: The new controller will have haptic feedback optimized for its form factor, making every sensation in the game world more impactful, textured and nuanced. When you’re traversing through rocky desert or trading blows in melee combat, you’ll feel the difference, magnifying the extraordinary visual and audio experience that’s so central to VR.

●       Finger touch detection: The controller can detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.

●       Tracking: The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller.

●       Action buttons / analog sticks: The Left controller contains one analog stick, the triangle and square buttons, a “grip” button (L1), trigger button (L2) and Create button. The Right controller contains one analog stick, the cross and circle buttons, a “grip” button (R1), trigger button (R2) and Options button. The “grip” button can be used to pick up in-game objects, as one example.

• aitch 1
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/         Features The new VR controller enables players to feel and interact

Seriously, fucking stop wasting money on this. GTA online with a controller is more immersive than any VR game can hope to be in a next 2 decades. 

Four!  

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Seriously, fucking stop wasting money on this. GTA online with a controller is more immersive than any VR game can hope to be in a next 2 decades. 

In the next two decades the same GTA game will be in VR anyway and far more immersive than on a flatscreen. 

Geez, I even found Skyrim to be pretty awesome in VR, old ass 2011 game and base PS4 was struggling to run it at an acceptable resolution and AA.

Seeing things in their real life scale such as towering castles or giant dragons or just the mountains in the background... your 70 inches TV simply cannot compare.

And driving in VR is just about the best way to play any racing game, or something like GTA, there's nothing more natural than do. 

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Mistake, should have followed in Valve's footsteps with the Index controllers. Following Oculus' design was really dumb.

I love how you don't know what you are even talking about.

They have the single most defining feature of the Valve Index controller: finger tracking. That IS 'following in their footsteps."

Were you typing your post because Sony's controller had a circular black ring, and immediately thought it was the same thing as the Oculus black ring on the Rift controller? You can't be that dumb, right?

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Looks great but I think we can forget about it being BC with PSVR1. 

I had hoped that we could get the full D-pad on the left side and the four face buttons on the right side.

But, this is what is going out to developers beginning now, who knows maybe they can still make an update to the controller before finalizing hardware.

There's a chance it could still replicate everything a move controller does. Or, the developer could do an update to re-assign the control inputs.

Actually, the big oval button on the Move controller could just be re-assigned as the "grip" button (L1 or R1)  on the new controller.

Edited by jehurey

It's literally the Oculus controller :tom: 

And lmao Jehurey talking about other people not knowing what they are talking about when they have VASTLY more experience in everything VR than him.. LOL.

They obviously modeled it after the Oculus touch controllers.. which is a smart idea.  They're good and have the most compatibility with most VR games out there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sony allows the PSVR2 to connect to PC and they start releasing their VR games on PC as well.

Valve's controller is better though.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I had hoped that we could get the full D-pad on the left side and the four face buttons on the right side.

But, this is what is going out to developers beginning now, who knows maybe they can still make an update to the controller before finalizing hardware.

There's a chance it could still replicate everything a move controller does. Or, the developer could do an update to re-assign the control inputs.

It's not meant to be a dualshock idiot.  They go symmetric with the buttons because that's intuitive and natural.

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's literally the Oculus controller :tom: 

And lmao Jehurey talking about other people not knowing what they are talking about when they have VASTLY more experience in everything VR than him.. LOL.

They obviously modeled it after the Oculus touch controllers.. which is a smart idea.  They're good and have the most compatibility with most VR games out there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sony allows the PSVR2 to connect to PC and they start releasing their VR games on PC as well.

Valve's controller is better though.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not meant to be a dualshock idiot.  They go symmetric with the buttons because that's intuitive and natural.

:mjgrin: Didn't know he'd be doing an absolute dead-on jonB impression LOL

Now he's port-begging for Sony's hardware.

Also if you had the four-direction D-pad, and the four face buttons...........it would still be symmetrical.

Take a look at your Dualsense controller sometime, you already do considering you don't do anything with it.:lawl:

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

:mjgrin: Didn't know he'd be doing an absolute dead-on jonB impression LOL

Now he's port-begging for Sony's hardware.

Keep talking about things you know nothing about :hest: 

"bubu they should really put a d-pad on there"

lmao you fucking IDIOT :mj: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Keep talking about things you know nothing about :hest: 

"bubu they should really put a d-pad on there"

lmao you fucking IDIOT :mj: 

He's already getting pissed because he already knows he looked stupid in record time.

I like how he's also talking about the black plastic on the controller to try and help Dynocrap.  Now that's desperate.

but then again...........he's a port-beggar so he knows all about that.

And now he's hardware begging.:drake:I'm gonna have a field day with this.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Also if you had the four-direction D-pad, and the four face buttons...........it would still be symmetrical.

Take a look at your Dualsense controller sometime, you already do considering you don't do anything with it.:lawl:

Oh yea, because you want to worry about 16 different buttons while you're playing VR :drake: 

There's a reason why Sony didn't do it... and a reason why I'm making fun of you.. :tom: 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's already getting pissed because he already knows he looked stupid in record time.

I like how he's also talking about the black plastic on the controller to try and help Dynocrap.  Now that's desperate.

but then again...........he's a port-beggar so he knows all about that.

And now he's hardware begging.:drake:I'm gonna have a field day with this.

Yea, the black plastic around the controller... is EXACTLY like Oculus.  Sony's just going even more retarded with it.

LOL did you think that I'm going to run away from that fact? LOL