State of Play in just over an hour

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full blown footage of the next banger on the day of releasing another banger. Playstation      If you found a random person on the street who had zero knowledge of video games and ask

BANGER AFTER BANGER

The textures (especially the ground textures) are actually pretty simple overall, but they make good use of post processing and other FX to hide the rough edges.

40 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Flight Sim is releasing in June, Halo in the Fall and word is both Forza Horizon 5 and Starfield are as well...

Lmao you say Starfield and Forza Horizon literally moments after saying people are out of their minds to expect Horizon and GOW this year. Despite the latter two having release dates of this year and the former two not even being shown

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This thread says state play, and the stream said state of play. Should have just called it something like 'State of Ratchet' or 'State of Play: Ratchet'

Everything they put out on Twitter and stuff said 2 indies and ratchet and clank lol. 

what company is that specific in their YouTube video name?

Just now, Voidler said:

Fastest selling console in history, multiple AAAes including one released today. And another next month

Feels real desperate :denzel3:

Ratchet

LMAO

Full blown footage of the next banger on the day of releasing another banger. Playstation :aitch:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Going to be a state of 2022 and 2023 video

If you found a random person on the street who had zero knowledge of video games and asked them to make a bunch of random ass predictions and statements, they would still be right more often than Dyno :biggrin: 

It's beyond impressive how consistently wrong one person can be at this point. 

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

We get it. You don’t like ratchet. We got the message in the 10 other posts lol 

Lol, can't bash your precious exclusive games. 

Counting on a Ratchet game to save the PS5 in 2021 :rofl:

Just now, Ramza said:

Lol, can't bash your precious exclusive games. 

Counting on a Ratchet game to save the PS5 in 2021 :rofl:

i'm a fan of all kinds of games on all platforms. it's just amusing hearing this from you...someone who acts like a hardcore hermit when you are just a laptop lapdog lol. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

i'm a fan of all kinds of games on all platforms. it's just amusing hearing this from you...someone who acts like a hardcore hermit when you are just a laptop lapdog lol. 

Good for you. 

Not sure what it has to do with anything though.

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ratchet and Clank looks great... but damn, I noticed a surprising amount of texture pop-in during it.

The textures (especially the ground textures) are actually pretty simple overall, but they make good use of post processing and other FX to hide the rough edges.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yes and no.  Some textures certainly aren't THAT detailed, but they balance them with some ultra high detailed textures (like most graphically impressive games do) so I think a lot of the finer detail is there, but it's just being lost due to 4 things:

1. Youtube compression

2. Motion Blur effects

3. Ray tracing/SSR denoiser

4. Anisotropic Filtering

Also, I noticed that compared to the previous trailer that was just released (which is older) this version looks a bit worse in lighting, but much better with reflections.  I'm not saying they've "downgraded" the lighting but rather they changed their artistic direction for the scene and instead wanted more reflections instead.

Here's what I mean:

Before

shVWhBo.png

SoP trailer

12A73vM.png

Unless the game has dynamic weather effects where water randomly pools in places? 

So it's definitely an upgrade in reflections.. and they're RT too, because I'm not seeing any of the typical SSR artifacts... although to be sure they're using a blend of both SSR reflections and RT reflections

Edited by Remij

i love the way it sounds when you hit enemies and they get killed, its got a real cinematic punch.

And, a long time ago when I played a demo of Tools of Destruction, there was something I couldn't put my finger on that made me not really enjoy the game.  I was spamming shooting at these creatures, and then they would fall down, and there wasn't really any satisfaction to any of it.

i'm just watching a video, not even playing it, and there just feels like there's a satisfaction in taking out those enemies.