Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal in 10 minutes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even if this was true it would still come out before one of the 327 studios Microsoft bought releases a good game

Go back and take a look at Aloy's hair underwater.   That's like a damn nvidia GPU demo.

it doesn't look as good as the original trailer, but it comes closer than many other games & their respective 'engine' trailers.

Just now, Twinblade said:

it doesn't look as good as the original trailer, but it comes closer than many other games & their respective 'engine' trailers.

it's pretty close. i'll have to see a better quality version. i hate 1080p streams. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it's pretty close. i'll have to see a better quality version. i hate 1080p streams. 

This..

I watched it, and could immediately tell areas which are hugely improved over the original.. like facial animation and rigging, plus a lot of other little things... but there were elements which also didn't impress me as much as I hoped.  But that was more about them just not changing some stuff I thought they'd change... not so much any technical issue.

Like, to me, Aloy's movement during gameplay still seems pretty similar to the original game.  I expected them to give the character more physics based movement and animation which was more integrated into the environment.  So I'm kinda let down there..

But I want to hold my judgement until I see the 4K video in all it's glory.

Looks great. It seems like its going to be a 30fps game.

And, unless there was something wrong with my youtube video feed, I might have noticed a little hitching in and out of cinematics. And noticed some objects had some sort of shadow load-in (the dilapidated bus that was in the sand) that was noticeable, even though the overall environment didn't have any issue.

The underwater stuff looks fantastic, and seems like they're paying alot of attention to underwater environments, and near the final battle the area Aloy was walking through had this terrific morning haze effect as the sun light shines through the trees.

Also, they appear to be making an effort to improve combat versus humans, to make it more of a challenge. And riding a mech while also combating a huge boss mech feels like a cool Zelda sequence.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I thought so but after watching the 4K stream it is on point

37 minutes ago, Remij said:

This..

I watched it, and could immediately tell areas which are hugely improved over the original.. like facial animation and rigging, plus a lot of other little things... but there were elements which also didn't impress me as much as I hoped.  But that was more about them just not changing some stuff I thought they'd change... not so much any technical issue.

Like, to me, Aloy's movement during gameplay still seems pretty similar to the original game.  I expected them to give the character more physics based movement and animation which was more integrated into the environment.  So I'm kinda let down there..

But I want to hold my judgement until I see the 4K video in all it's glory.

Physics based movement? Like RDR2? Yuck

3 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Physics based movement? Like RDR2? Yuck

I mean more physically connected to the environment.  Being better animated and more connected to the environment doesn't have to come at the cost of responsiveness.  I'm not wanting RDR2 animation shit where you press and button and feel like you're stuck into watching things happen until they do... I'm wanting animation that blends into the environment better.  Better contextual animation and presence in the environment.

Watching again and there's stuff that just feels disconnected, and very similar to the first Horizon. Foliage still doesn't really react that well to Aloy's movement.  It moves a bit, but not realistically at all.  She clips through 90% of it.

It's still great, but I was hoping for more improvement.

The characters, and shaders, and lighting and everything is on another level.. and the facial rigging and animation during cutscenes and I'm guessing conversations is vastly improved over the original.