Gears is a pretty solid series.

Being a PS fanboy back in the PS3 era, I managed to neglect these series.

It's not as story heavy as your typical Kojima game, but it still maintains a cohesive timeline.

Now I realize why MS pushes Marcus Fenix as a staple character as Master Chief for the Xbox franchise.
Like I said, it's not as story heavy as Snake or let alone Gordon Freeman, but it is something respectable.

Edited by MalaXmaS
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

4 sucked, but 5 was a return to form! It looks amazing on the series x too! 

I had a 360 back then but never beat the first one till I got my Xbox One and GeOW1 remastered.

Now I am going through GeOW2/ and I can some innovation in gameplay, like going through that worm's internals.

And now finding a new kind of enemy, the Sires.

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I had a 360 back then but never beat the first one till I got my Xbox One and GeOW1 remastered.

Now I am going through GeOW2/ and I can some innovation in gameplay, like going through that worm's internals.

And now finding a new kind of enemy, the Sires.

Wait until you get to 5 (especially the expansion). Lots of fun and some great visuals. It’s pretty atmospheric, in parts, too. 

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Both Marcus and the Master Chief are both iconic as fuck characters.

MS has a lot of iconic characters.. but they just never utilized them well during the XO gen.

Dude, I know.

Master Chief is such a rich character that should have been used for the sequel as such as a side meaningful character.

Could you imagine Halo 2 having such an open meaning character and plot that people are thinking whether MC is male or female, or white, hispanic, asian?

MS drop the ball.

Marcus Fenix, we can see his face though and they have some worthwhile characters like Dom, Cole and Bird.

The first was only good because it had little competition at the time. The second overstayed its welcome a bit and by the third was released the franchise and gameplay felt stale.

Like all microsoft franchises its a flavour of the month product. Theres no timeless feeling to these games.

23 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Wait until you get to 5 (especially the expansion). Lots of fun and some great visuals. It’s pretty atmospheric, in parts, too. 

Have you played the original Killzone GD?

I am not guaranteeing you emmy winning story but holy shit I feel devs have dropped the ball regarding stories.

If you haven't, you just play the orignal Killzone remaster and you'll know what I mean.

Hakka is just fucking golden.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Have you played the original Killzone GD?

I am not guaranteeing you emmy winning story but holy shit I feel devs have dropped the ball regarding stories.

If you haven't, you just play the orignal Killzone remaster and you'll know what I mean.

Hakka is just fucking golden.

Nah. I really dug 3, though 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Both Marcus and the Master Chief are both iconic as fuck characters.

MS has a lot of iconic characters.. but they just never utilized them well during the XO gen.

Fuck the haters. I like kait :smoke: 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Fuck the haters. I like kait :smoke: 

Yea I have no problem with her.  I think Kait and JD and Dom were good.

Not up there with the original crew, but with Marcus there, it's a good group.

Well... it was :ben: 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I thought 4 was merely decent and little expectations for 5, but I ended up being really impressed by it.

Also, Tactics has loads of potential as a TBS spin off. I really hope it wasn't a one off and they make another with better execution.

5 was much better yea.  They still need to change it up a bit, moment to moment gameplay-wise IMO.

And yes, Tactics is great.  I think they executed really well with that game.  There's some issues, but there's also a great foundation to build upon.