Remaster of GTAIII, VC, & SA coming this year for Switch, PlayStation, Xbox

39 minutes ago, Remij said:

They need to re-release the first 2 games.. not this bullshit :reg: 

rockstar would probably need to end up farming out those 2d GTA games to some outside developer, its going to need to redraw those sprites and make it for widescreen.

These 3D GTA games can be placed in their existing game engine, they've probably created updated models of alot of cars and guns.  If anything the cutscenes may stick out like a sore thumb.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

rockstar would probably need to end up farming out those 2d GTA games to some outside developer, its going to need to redraw those sprites and make it for widescreen.

These 3D GTA games can be placed in their existing game engine, they've probably created updated models of alot of cars and guns.  If anything the cutscenes may stick out like a sore thumb.

The only sprites in the game are the cars and characters, and there's not much of them at all.

I think the main issue with GTA 1 and 2 is the music liscencing?  I honestly can't remember, but there's got to be some reason why it hasn't been done already.. either by themselves or by another studio like you said.

They were on Steam at one time, but they've been delisted for ages now.  I missed out, and some people have had luck finding Steam Keys for them on reseller sites, but those are long gone now too.  If it's a music licensing issue, I wish they'd just create a new OST for them.

I'd really like to have the complete series on Steam.

the decision to use the Unreal engine may be entirely due to getting it on the Switch.

Why wouldn't they use their own proprietary engine that they used for GTA4 and GTA5?

Because Unreal 4.0 is already compatible with the Switch.

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

https://kotaku.com/the-gta-remastered-trilogy-appears-to-be-real-and-comi-1847474620?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=kotaku

"It appears the PC and mobile ports might slip to next year as Rockstar focuses on developing the console ports first" 

Will give Begij some time to beg for it at least :kaz: