Horizon Forbidden West Is Making PS5 Upgrades More Expensive And More Complicated

Microsoft is King, Sony cross-generational support is a fucking disaster. Xbox should really be doing some marketing like Sony did with the game sharing video.

On Xbox it just works, for Sony there are multiple different steps you need to take and for every game it seems to be something different.

Absolute retardation.

This is lending more credence to my theory that they probably had an almost fully completed PS4 version of the game before they were told that they wanted the game for the PS5, and they completely re-worked the game for the PS5, and is a significantly different development.

The closest thing to this would be with what happened with Splinter Cell Double Agent made for Xbox 1 and the version made for X360.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Microsoft is King, Sony cross-generational support is a fucking disaster. Xbox should really be doing some marketing like Sony did with the game sharing video.

On Xbox it just works, for Sony there are multiple different steps you need to take and for every game it seems to be something different.

Absolute retardation.

It just works...... But they want you to pay an extra 20 for it :drake:

"If you want to have access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"If you want to have access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Horizon Forbidden West, please purchase the Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, or Regalla Editions. 

lol i love sony games, but damn....i hate their shady tactics.  

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

First they lie about these games being next-gen only, and then they bungle up how cross-generational support should be handled. This is a straight-up Activision level move.

Sony needs to correct this shit. I personally don't give a shit since I'm not buying the PS4 version of the game but if they promised a free upgrade for PS4 owners of the game that promise should be honored.

I can't wait for us to get past these stupid cross gen games and go full blown next gen. There shouldn't even be a PS4 version of this game to begin with in my opinion.

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

Sony needs to correct this shit. I personally don't give a shit since I'm not buying the PS4 version of the game but if they promised a free upgrade for PS4 owners of the game that promise should be honored.

I can't wait for us to get past these stupid cross gen games and go full blown next gen. There shouldn't even be a PS4 version of this game to begin with in my opinion.

it's going to last even longer, due to ps5 shortages. 

Just pathetic.

You should just buy the "Playstation" version of a game.. and you automatically have the version for your device.

You have a PS4, buy the game, you play that version

later you buy a PS5

Put in the disc, get a prompt to update to the PS5 version

Done.

This shit is just completely retarded at this point.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Just pathetic.

You should just buy the "Playstation" version of a game.. and you automatically have the version for your device.

You have a PS4, buy the game, you play that version

later you buy a PS5

Put in the disc, get a prompt to update to the PS5 version

Done.

This shit is just completely retarded at this point.

They want to move on from last gen. While also making money off the PS4 userbase that doesn't have a PS5.  You will have some users who will double dip when they get a PS5.. So Sony will get two sales off of knw consumer. 

Or you pay 80 and get both versions in one. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

They want to move on from last gen. While also making money off the PS4 userbase that doesn't have a PS5.  You will have some users who will double dip when they get a PS5.. So Sony will get two sales off of knw consumer. 

Or you pay 80 and get both versions in one. 

Oh for sure.  There is a very sizable chunk of people who will buy multiple versions of games for higher gfx, or performance or whatever.  People have been doing it between consoles and PC for ages.  In those instances though it was at least understandable that you'd have to pay for the game again.

Now, it's pretty sad though... because the upgrades are happening in the very same ecosystem and they're still being charged extra if they want the better version for the next system.  The price you pay for upgrading... apparently.

Imagine if developers released a PC version of a game, and then locked the games setting based on the GPU class you have... and then if you upgraded your GPU, you'd have to pay an extra $10 to unlock the better gfx options :kaz: 

It's scummy, but they know people will pay regardless.  I wonder if the PS5 version will be *appreciably* better than the PS4 version.. outside of framerate and some higher resolution.  If it REALLY looks so much better... then the sting goes away a bit.. but it's still scummy.

55 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it's going to last even longer, due to ps5 shortages. 

It sucks that so many of Sony's first party games, typically the ones that are game changers in terms of visual fidelity are going to be stuck with the limits of being cross gen. Horizon is only the beginning im sure.

Just now, Twinblade said:

It sucks that so many of Sony's first party games, typically the ones that are game changers in terms of visual fidelity are going to be stuck with the limits of being cross gen. Horizon is only the beginning im sure.

yeah. oh well. it is what it is. 

35 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This is only an issue with one console.

Bullshit all 3 have had their moments. Trying to pinpoint a specific issue and laugh is retarded when all consoles have shafted the player at one point or another.