Digital Foundry: Halo Infinite Campaign Re-Reveal Analysis: Still looks shit

If Forza Horizon 5 is any indication, Microsoft is going to sell a Halo Infinite Super-Duper Deluxe edition for over a hundred dollars, and its main feature will be allowing lemmings to play the game one week early., and about 800,000 of them will pay it even though they have gamepass.

We already know Dynocrap is going to do this, and he will actually think that it will make him look cool boasting about it in this forum, that he's playing it early.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

They're right about the lack of variety in the environments. There needs to be more than just a bunch of samey looking forests and mountains.

yeah, i'm hoping to see some diversity in the final game.

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If Forza Horizon 5 is any indication, Microsoft is going to sell a Halo Infinite Super-Duper Deluxe edition for over a hundred dollars, and its main feature will be allowing lemmings to play the game one week early., and about 800,000 of them will pay it even though they have gamepass.

We already know Dynocrap is going to do this, and he will actually think that it will make him look cool boasting about it in this forum, that he's playing it early.

the thing is..FH has incredible expansions, exclusive to these versions, so it's a no-brainer to get the premium/ultimate editions. as for halo, they will need some kind of incentive, other than early access.

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the thing is..FH has incredible expansions, exclusive to these versions, so it's a no-brainer to get the premium/ultimate editions. as for halo, they will need some kind of incentive, other than early access.

People will definitely pay the extra money just to play a game like Infinite earlier. I bought the gold edition of BF2042 ($90) to play it a week early and based on what I’ve seen on other forums, loads of people are doing the same thing. Playing a game earlier is too good to pass up especially for those who are fans of a particular series. 

That’s definitely going to be the next big trend going forward I feel. Games are already expensive at $70, but many publishers are going to be able to get away with charging $80-$100 just to let people play something earlier. And if it’s games we’re already looking forward to, there’s no doubt we’re going to continue to cave in. It sucks but what can you do 😒

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

People will definitely pay the extra money just to play a game like Infinite earlier. I bought the gold edition of BF2042 ($90) to play it a week early and based on what I’ve seen on other forums, loads of people are doing the same thing. Playing a game earlier is too good to pass up especially for those who are fans of a particular series. 

That’s definitely going to be the next big trend going forward I feel. Games are already expensive at $70, but many publishers are going to be able to get away with charging $80-$100 just to let people play something earlier. And if it’s games we’re already looking forward to, there’s no doubt we’re going to continue to cave in. It sucks but what can you do 😒

true. i'd be like that with a new persona :banderoos:

• aitch 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

😕

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Not pay it. Capitalism works both ways. You don't have to participate in getting milked. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Not pay it. Capitalism works both ways. You don't have to participate in getting milked. 

Its not really just about patience, but the whole FOMO aspect. People on the internet playing and discussing a game you're looking forward to but you not being able to join in and makes it tough. Forza is proof that its a very viable business model, even if it is greedy as all hell.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Its not really just about patience, but the whole FOMO aspect. People on the internet playing and discussing a game you're looking forward to but you not being able to join in and makes it tough. Forza is proof that its a very viable business model, even if it is greedy as all hell.

Twinkie you’re too old to be suckered into this shit. I mean no malice in this but you need to get out more. They’ll keep taking advantage of people this way

The only time where I genuinely get a case of FOMO is when a Fallout game comes out, because I genuinely like the whole "let's talk to each other about where I found this cool thing in this location" discussion that happens in the Fallout threads.

Oddly enough, its only Fallout. I don't particularly care about discussing Elder Scrolls because I prefer to play that game very isolated, and maybe I'd discuss it after I've completed most of that game.

Maybe RDR2, and that's because Fallout and RDR2 have secrets throughout the map in which you just have to stumble upon them to experience them.

But other than that, unless its a multiplayer game (which I don't play many), I play single-player campaigns and can enjoy them at any time.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You're a grown ass man. You can't wait a week to play your videogame?   Seriously? 😕

18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You paid $90 for Battlefield?

Does Gold Edition comes with Premium_