The good news, over 70+ backwards compatible added. The bad news. It will be the last.

https://majornelson.com/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

UPDATE (November 15, 2021): Today, we’re excited to add 70+ Xbox 360 and original Xbox games to our backward compatibility catalog in celebration of our 20th anniversary. This includes many of your top requested favorites including: 

• The entire Max Payne series and the F.E.A.R. franchise are now playable on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles for the very first time.  
  • The entire Skate franchise is now complete with the addition of Skate 2 and playable on both Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.  
  • We also heard the desire for more original Xbox titles to be added to the catalog. We are pleased to announce we were able to bring more than 20+ original Xbox titles to an entire new generation of gamers, including Dead or Alive UltimateStar Wars: Jedi Knight IIStar Wars: Starfighter, and Otogi franchises.  

Beats paying $70 for remakes.

TCHBFR.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The last? I thought they were aiming for full BC? 

I don't think it's possible because the games don't technically run off of a disc. Even though they don't touch game code I'm assuming they have to do something with the package which means they would need rights permissions.

22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

They’ve done a great job. I just watched some f.e.a.r 4K clips. The game still looks/sounds great. I think I’ve beaten it like 5 times. I think I’ve beaten Max Payne 2 like 10 times. 

I played it last year, still enjoyed it, the textures look dull; the lighting is still impressive, and the AI is just salt bae :aitch:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I played it last year, still enjoyed it, the textures look dull; the lighting is still impressive, and the AI is just salt bae :aitch:

F.e.a.r’s tension is amazing! The level design and AI always put me on edge. 

• aitch 1
27 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I don't think it's possible because the games don't technically run off of a disc. Even though they don't touch game code I'm assuming they have to do something with the package which means they would need rights permissions.

We all know it's not possible and why, but they promised that and lemmings ate it up..