22 seconds of Horizon Forbidden West running on base PS4

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Still looks great. Pretty amazing what Sony first party achieves on the base PS4 model. 

right? there's definitely a downgrade, but damn...guerilla is pushing the ps4 to the max. i can't say i'm surprised, since death stranding looked great (even though i couldn't get into the game).

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

No it doesnt. But it has a full global illumination lightning system unlike PS4 versions.

Thats kind of a bummer. I've been spoiled by Dying Light 2's ray tracing and was hoping Horizon would have similar lighting tech. I feel like if it wasn't for the PS4 version thats definitely one of the things they could have implemented with the extra time/resources.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Thats kind of a bummer. I've been spoiled by Dying Light 2's ray tracing and was hoping Horizon would have similar lighting tech. I feel like if it wasn't for the PS4 version thats definitely one of the things they could have implemented with the extra time/resources.

Nah. The 30fps mode graphics would take a major hit to add RT. Just not worth the visual sacrifice.

This gen's RT trade offs are huge. Maybe next gen.

40 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Nah. The 30fps mode graphics would take a major hit to add RT. Just not worth the visual sacrifice.

This gen's RT trade offs are huge. Maybe next gen.

Nah. RT is the next big graphical leap, and it needs to be utilized in these kinds of games.  With proper optimization it should be more than possible, especially if a eurojank company like techland can do it while making a game for 5 platforms. Sony and their skilled first party studios should be up to the task.

• aitch 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah. RT is the next big graphical leap, and it needs to be utilized in these kinds of games.  With proper optimization it should be more than possible, especially if a eurojank company like techland can do it while making a game for 5 platforms. Sony and their skilled first party studios should be up to the task.

It's 2160p Checkerboard on PS5, defacto 1440p. They'll need to drop ther resolution hard for RT.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Atodaso, I fuckin atodaso.

Glad to see others realizing it.  Once you get used to seeing more and more games do lighting correctly... you'll see just how wrong it's been for so long.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

It's 2160p Checkerboard on PS5, defacto 1440p. They'll need to drop ther resolution hard for RT.

For some games it's worth it.  At least to have a RT option.

Drop the resolution hard if they have to... a mid gen refresh could alleviate that resolution drop for the future.

first of all, that has got to be the most hilarious "promotional gameplay" video I've ever seen Playstation, or any major company put out:tom:

"We got her to lightly jog for about 60 ft on the PS4, that's all we can show people!"

They are nursing that camera ever so delicately, because they know what will probably happen if they turn it to the left or right a little too fast on the PS4 version.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

For some games it's worth it.  At least to have a RT option.

Drop the resolution hard if they have to... a mid gen refresh could alleviate that resolution drop for the future.

Honestly PS5 Pro is when we can see some real RT especially if AMD makes some performance improvements to their tech. PS5 RT is more of a novelty, but yes an option is better than no option.

47 minutes ago, jehurey said:

first of all, that has got to be the most hilarious "promotional gameplay" video I've ever seen Playstation, or any major company put out:tom:

"We got her to lightly jog for about 60 ft on the PS4, that's all we can show people!"

They are nursing that camera ever so delicately, because they know what will probably happen if they turn it to the left or right a little too fast on the PS4 version.

Kinda makes you wonder if the PS5 version has the distance fog PS4 version has. That long PS4 Pro footage was foggy as fuck.

I doubt there is any difference between base and Pro outside of resolution.

18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Honestly PS5 Pro is when we can see some real RT especially if AMD makes some performance improvements to their tech. PS5 RT is more of a novelty, but yes an option is better than no option.

the RT in ratchet looked amazing.