Gran Turismo Sport exceeds 14 million players

https://traxion.gg/gt-sport-exceeds-14-million-players/

As we gear up for Gran Turismo 7, the existing GT Sport is still trucking along and has surpassed a new player milestone – 14 million.

This has increased from 9.5 million, the last reported number from February 2021.

Back then, the number came from an interview with game producer Kazunori Yamauchi by car lifestyle publication, Octane.

This time around, the newly updated statistic is via Erica Kato Marcus, Senior Director at Sony Interactive Entertainment who is speaking during the Gran Turismo Sophy announcement presentation

Insane numbers when you consider it's not even a mainline GT game and it has never been released on any service for free or to try. You literally have to buy the game or rent it from Gamefly or a friend  to play it. Even if you take away 1 million players from that number and account them to rental services it still leaves a whopping 13 million players. Lemshits were trying to say GT is dead and irrelevant but Flopza is nowhere near these numbers and it's free on GamePass. Not even Halo has anywhere close to 13-14 million people who bought or rented  the game :mj:.

GT7 is going to be absolutely massive and dwarf these numbers :aitch:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LemiJ is adding up sales on Steam, windows store and Xbox + multiple sequels of the game vs one game on one system and he still came up short.    How pathetic is that? 

GT is always huge. I know casuals who buy Playsation consoles specifically for GT.

Exactly man, so excited for GT7. Getting huge psone/PS2 GT vibes from everything they've shown and it's everything i want from GT.

lol

Players =/= sales.

And add up all the Forza sales since GTS launched....

It's sold over 15M units.. easily.  The Steam versions ALONE have sold more than 4M copies... with just Horizon 4 and 5.... 

It's awesome that GT still has it.  But there's no need to tear down Forza because you'd have to be a retard to deny how successful it is. lol

36 minutes ago, Remij said:

lol

Players =/= sales.

And add up all the Forza sales since GTS launched....

It's sold over 15M units.. easily.  The Steam versions ALONE have sold more than 4M copies... with just Horizon 4 and 5.... 

It's awesome that GT still has it.  But there's no need to tear down Forza because you'd have to be a retard to deny how successful it is. lol

Forza has nowhere near those sales, you pulled those numbers from your ass.

FM7 barely broke a million before it was delisted and FM5 and FM6 were total flops. Where are you getting 4 million each from? I can believe that for FH4 but FH5 quickly fell off NPD top 15 the following month after it launched. No way it has sold 4 million since it launched. The only retards here are the ones who tried to shit on GT when a single side dish GT game is selling as much as all the Forza games released this gen combined.

In the case of GT Sport players is as close to sales as it can get since the game has never been given out for free or been in a service since it launched.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

GT is always huge. I know casuals who buy Playsation consoles specifically for GT.

Legit.

People shit on Sport and it's online nature made it a GT game i wasn't interested in but again ppl have no idea just how huge it is. Also know ppl who literally just got a PS4 for GTS and have put in 100s of hours into it. 

Gran Turismo is an absolutely gigantic franchise. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Legit.

People shit on Sport and it's online nature made it a GT game i wasn't interested in but again ppl have no idea just how huge it is. Also know ppl who literally just got a PS4 for GTS and have put in 100s of hours into it. 

Same, what I want is an addictive campaign with ton of content and that's exactly what we're getting with GT7.

It's going to be awesome. I might even play it on PS4... but I think I'll wait. haha

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ramza said:

Same, what I want is an addictive campaign with ton of content and that's exactly what we're getting with GT7.

It's going to be awesome. I might even play it on PS4... but I think I'll wait. haha

Exactly man, so excited for GT7. Getting huge psone/PS2 GT vibes from everything they've shown and it's everything i want from GT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Legit.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

For folks like you guys that skipped on GT Sport because it was online only the jump from GT6 to GT7 is really gonna be amazing for you guys.

They really improved the racing with GT Sport and all the lessons they learned from years of GT Sport is gonna make the gameplay of GT7 really something special.

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

For folks like you guys that skipped on GT Sport because it was online only the jump to GT6 to GT7 is really gonna be amazing for you guys.

They really improved the racing with GT Sport and all the lessons they learned from years of GT Sport is gonna make the gameplay of GT7 really something special.

Gonna be an even bigger jump for me cause I haven't properly played a GT since GT5 since GT6 did that shit how it came out on PS3 after the PS4 was out. Was too hard to go back. 

• aitch 1
23 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Forza has nowhere near those sales, you pulled those numbers from your ass.

FM7 barely broke a million before it was delisted and FM5 and FM6 were total flops. Where are you getting 4 million each from? I can believe that for FH4 but FH5 quickly fell off NPD top 15 the following month after it launched. No way it has sold 4 million since it launched. The only retards here are the ones who tried to shit on GT when a single side dish GT game is selling as much as all the Forza games released this gen combined.

In the case of GT Sport players is as close to sales as it can get since the game has never been given out for free or been in a service since it launched.

What? I said FH4 and 5 alone on steam have sold at least 4M copies

forza.png

That's STEAM alone.  Let's low ball it hard and say Forza 7, FH4 and 5 have sold ALTOGETHER 1.5M copies on the Windows Store

That's ~5M sales on PC alone....  console versions have definitely sold more than that....

Get the FUCK outta here dude lmfao

Again... PLAYERS =/= SALES.. GTS hasn't sold 14M copies

40 minutes ago, Remij said:

What? I said FH4 and 5 alone on steam have sold at least 4M copies

forza.png

That's STEAM alone.  Let's low ball it hard and say Forza 7, FH4 and 5 have sold ALTOGETHER 1.5M copies on the Windows Store

That's ~5M sales on PC alone....  console versions have definitely sold more than that....

Get the FUCK outta here dude lmfao

Again... PLAYERS =/= SALES.. GTS hasn't sold 14M copies

Where in my OP do I mention players = Sales? I even go out of my way to about drop 1 million players from the total players of GT Sport to account for rentals and shit adding to the player count.

You can't fucking read you dumbass. Even your own graphic shows FH5 hasn't sold 4 million shitting on your 4 million each claim.

Are you some kind of retard? Even if your numbers were on point which they aren't it's still fucking embarrassing that a GT side dish is selling almost as much as all those games combined.

You're looking like a complete idiot trying to downplay GT Sport's impressive sales :sabu:

Edited by FIREPOWER
6 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Where in my OP do I mention players = Sales? I even go out of my way to about drop 1 million players from the total players of GT Sport to account for rentals and shit adding to the player count.

You can't fucking read you dumbass. Even your own graphic shows FH5 hasn't sold 4 million shitting on your 4 million each claim.

Are you some kind of retard? Even if your numbers were on point which they aren't it's still fucking embarrassing that a GT side dish is selling almost as much as all those games combined.

You're looking like a complete idiot trying to downplay GT Sport's impressive sales :sabu:

huh-ew.gif

58 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

A patron gave me the actual numbers +/- 5% for FH4 and FH5 on Steamspy.

Z7FQJn0l.jpg

1.5+2.5M = 4M copies.... NOT counting the Windows Store versions....  Just like I said.. So yes.. my numbers WERE on point :smugcena:  At least 4M on Steam alone.  Let's say 5M on PC alone... in SALES... DESPITE GAMEPASS..  The console versions have done easily as well if not far better....  There's 10M sales from FH4 and FH5 alone... not even counting FM7...

And calm down... I'm not downplaying anything about GT... I'm stating the simple fact that Players =/= sales.  

Edited by Remij
2 hours ago, ghostz said:

this one looks to disappoint, tbh. Underwhelming graphics, lack of new online features, no damage (still), samsey track design.. yeah, probably high A low AA off name alone. 

The GT series had damage since GT5. And how can you say 'samesey track design' when it literally has real world tracks? :weird:

Graphics look great. I mean PD always delivers(well except environment, I think Forza has always had better details on the tracks themselves).

2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

For folks like you guys that skipped on GT Sport because it was online only the jump from GT6 to GT7 is really gonna be amazing for you guys.

GTSport felt like a testing ground than an actual GT game. Almost like a free-to-play vibe.

pcj8tqofp6681.jpg

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Remij said:

And calm down... I'm not downplaying anything about GT... I'm stating the simple fact that Players =/= sales.  

A fucking useless point to make considering I never mention player count as being equal to sales and my thread title clearly point out the number is for player count. What is the point of bringing that obvious fact up if you’re not trying to damage control GT Sport’s numbers?

I clearly mention these are player count numbers and I even go as far as subtracting a million from the numbers given to account for the fact that this number is player count only and not sales.  :cosby2: What point are you making here exactly by stating the obvious that has already been mentioned in the OP and the article I posted? 

33 minutes ago, Chicano3000X said:

The GT series had damage since GT5. And how can you say 'samesey track design' when it literally has real world tracks? :weird:

Graphics look great. I mean PD always delivers(well except environment, I think Forza has always had better details on the tracks themselves).

Yea GT Sport felt like a demo to me just like the GT Prologue games. It was definitely a testing bed for GT7 and you can clearly see they’ve applied some of the things they’ve learned from GT Sport in GT7 and improved upon them. Looking forward to playing this game a lot. I’m hoping it lives up to the hype of a full GT release.