Forbidden west on PS5 looks like an upscaled PS3 game. No anti aliasing, shimmering, over sharpened blurry mess

6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m very concerned how these issues weren’t discussed by reviewers. Obviously the game has some major visual issues going on, to the point that GG has even released a statement. 

Something seems….. fishy.:wiig:

I could give most of them the benefit of the doubt they might have an untrained eye, even though they shouldn't, but DF and a few others have egg on their face for sure. 

Edited by Vini
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're trying so fucking hard dude... it's sad.   The game has some graphical issues and bugginess (so did the original)... but just give fucking credit where it's due man.. god damn.  It's

ghostz has talked more about this game than any nintendo game from the last 5 years  vini and ghostz cope threads.

Vini is such a fucking moron. He really should just stick his head under a big rig tire and have it run his empty head over.  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Vini said:

Shimmering is not much of an issue any more in resolution mode from what I can tell. But the sharpness overload along with luminance changes in movement combined with the fact that HDR is completely broken and displaying wrong colors makes the game look like complete shit. 

I can't believe this got past QA testing, for Sony this gotta be a new low for a first party launch. 

Yeah, that's true.  They're oversharpening the image because they're trying to compensate for the drops in resolution. God of War on PC with DLSS at launch had a very strong sharpening filter applied to it.  People complained and the developers immediately fixed it and added a slider for people to tune the sharpening to their liking, or completely off.

That's how this stuff should always be done.  Sony teams are good at listening and implementing feedback based on the community.. so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens here too where they add a slider.

38 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m very concerned how these issues weren’t discussed by reviewers. Obviously the game has some major visual issues going on, to the point that GG has even released a statement. 

Something seems….. fishy.:wiig:

These are the same reviewers that shat on Dying Light 2’s story even though it’s been way more entertaining, better paced, and more varied than Horizon’s. I can’t trust reviewers anymore especially when it comes to open world games.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

These are the same reviewers that shat on Dying Light 2’s story even though it’s been way more entertaining, better paced, and more varied than Horizon’s. I can’t trust reviewers anymore especially when it comes to open world games.

Or you have different tastes. In the end, it’s subjective. This is why I don’t care about scores. A lot of 9, even 10, games don’t appeal to me. I remember when everyone was in love with Demon’s Souls (ps3) and I thought it was ugly and clunky ass shit. Different strokes. I gave Zelda BOTW 3 tries and it still bores me to tears.

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Or you have different tastes. In the end, it’s subjective. This is why I don’t care about scores. A lot of 9, even 10, games don’t appeal to me. I remember when everyone was in love with Demon’s Souls (ps3) and I thought it was ugly and clunky ass shit. Different strokes. I gave Zelda BOTW 3 tries and it still bores me to tears.

Yeah but its strange when its almost universal for reviewers (disliking Dying Light 2's story but liking Horizon's) and then you go to message boards like neogaf and see plenty of regular gamers who feel differently.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah but its strange when its almost universal for reviewers (disliking Dying Light 2's story but liking Horizon's) and then you go to message boards like neogaf and see plenty of regular gamers who feel differently.

A lot of critics didn’t care for FW’s story. I liked it, even though it has some cringy dialog (especially early into the game) and some plot points felt rough around the edges. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The outdoor lighting in Dying Light 2 is significantly better with ray tracing. The desert in FW shows off its weaknesses the most. You're surrounded by these large cliffs and the light hitting them looks so fake because there's almost no visible shadows or AO on the parts of the cliff where there's crevices or different geometry. Its like the entire cliff faces are receiving the exact same amount of light in the same direction at the same time.

for starters, dying light 2 is not going to apply global illumination to the distant objects in the background, that would be way too taxing.

i'll even show you where the cutoff point for applying those affects are at in DL2. I've already timestamped this video that shows it perfectly:

you are talking about an aesthetically design decision.

And judging from some of these scenes, they are applying the shadows to those cliffs correctly based on the positioning of the sun. But combined with the haze, they want the background to be more of a background painting type of look.

dYvweBz.jpg

38 minutes ago, ghostz said:

It’s reLly wild reading resetera and seeing people requesting refunds or shelving the game until it’s fixed. It’s like every other post in the OT over there

I post on Resetera and I haven’t seen anything of the sort. In fact, there’s too much praise for the game there. One or two disgruntled clowns claiming to have issues on the game doesn’t reflect the vast majority in there who are loving it. Bigger question is what games you lemshits will be playing till November. All this talk about Horizon and not a single fucking game worth mentioning for Xbox till November, it’s gotta hurt :mjgrin:

CDAF8D35-01F9-47F2-A01A-EC529BBA262A.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

ghostz has talked more about this game than any nintendo game from the last 5 years :drake: vini and ghostz cope threads.

It’s quite hilarious. He’s not the only one, I’ve noticed other lemshits and clowns on Twitter making podcasts and entire Twitter spaces to Horizon. I’m like why the fuck do these idiots not put the same effort towards discussing MS games and then reality hits me and I realize why lol.

And people wonder why Halo Infinite was a flop and other MS exclusives haven’t been selling well. it’s because lemshits are too busy buying and talking about Sony games instead of supporting their own games, pathetic fucks :qbad:

42 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It’s quite hilarious. He’s not the only one, I’ve noticed other lemshits and clowns on Twitter making podcasts and entire Twitter spaces to Horizon. I’m like why the fuck do these idiots not put the same effort towards discussing MS games and then reality hits me and I realize why lol.

And people wonder why Halo Infinite was a flop and other MS exclusives haven’t been selling well. it’s because lemshits are too busy buying and talking about Sony games instead of supporting their own games, pathetic fucks :qbad:

They should be playing Crossfire X :hest:

• dead 1
2 hours ago, jehurey said:

for starters, dying light 2 is not going to apply global illumination to the distant objects in the background, that would be way too taxing.

i'll even show you where the cutoff point for applying those affects are at in DL2. I've already timestamped this video that shows it perfectly:

you are talking about an aesthetically design decision.

And judging from some of these scenes, they are applying the shadows to those cliffs correctly based on the positioning of the sun. But combined with the haze, they want the background to be more of a background painting type of look.

dYvweBz.jpg

Im not talking about cliffs far away, im talking about ones like 100 feet in front of me as im passing along side them.

Ray traced GI is a game changer especially when you see it up and close and personal while playing a game. If it doesn't become standard then this gen isn't going to be much different than the previous one and the graphics advancements will be minor at best.

so ghost literally............LITERALLY got caught lying and making up things about people having mass amounts of refunds?

Really?

That's odd............I always thought that the first step in the refund process was requesting a refund on a private third-party internet forum that isn't remotely affiliated with the retailer from which you bought the game from.  Gosh.:reg:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

I post on Resetera and I haven’t seen anything of the sort. In fact, there’s too much praise for the game there. One or two disgruntled clowns claiming to have issues on the game doesn’t reflect the vast majority in there who are loving it. Bigger question is what games you lemshits will be playing till November. All this talk about Horizon and not a single fucking game worth mentioning for Xbox till November, it’s gotta hurt :mjgrin:

CDAF8D35-01F9-47F2-A01A-EC529BBA262A.jpeg

https://www.resetera.com/threads/horizon-forbidden-west-quality-or-performance-mode.554353/page-24#post-82494754

Lmao. “A few clowns”… Vincent even bashed it, GG has already said they’re working on fixing it.. but yeah, totally made up :bena:

32 minutes ago, ghostz said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/horizon-forbidden-west-quality-or-performance-mode.554353/page-24#post-82494754

Lmao. “A few clowns”… Vincent even bashed it, GG has already said they’re working on fixing it.. but yeah, totally made up :bena:

:mj: Your link shows literally ONE guy saying he's having problems and everyone is laughing at him. Not even one mention of a refund at all even from the guy complaining.

ResetERACapture.thumb.JPG.ba58e9e99b3408963d3b6757e288a41f.JPG

:kaz: You are fucking retard that keeps owning himself around here. This a sad cope thread made because you lemshits are mad about the positive reactions Horizon is getting while you clowns have nothing to play but Crossfire L till Starfield 76 launches.

FMAeD5LXIAAH0lJ.jpg.da694a079995bec323487bffd52ae177.jpg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 2
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

:mj: Your link shows literally ONE guy saying he's having problems and everyone is laughing at him. Not even one mention of a refund at all even from the guy complaining.

ResetERACapture.thumb.JPG.ba58e9e99b3408963d3b6757e288a41f.JPG

:kaz: You are fucking retard that keeps owning himself around here. This a sad cope thread made because you lemshits are mad about the positive reactions Horizon is getting while you clowns have nothing to play but Crossfire L till Starfield 76 launches.

hmdeDh1pAaLP5FK2.thumb.jpg.29850b32d0043b177b3b54e19b4d3aca.jpg

ResetERACapture.JPG

There are two alone on that page LOL