Forbidden west on PS5 looks like an upscaled PS3 game. No anti aliasing, shimmering, over sharpened blurry mess

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're trying so fucking hard dude... it's sad.   The game has some graphical issues and bugginess (so did the original)... but just give fucking credit where it's due man.. god damn.  It's

ghostz has talked more about this game than any nintendo game from the last 5 years  vini and ghostz cope threads.

Vini is such a fucking moron. He really should just stick his head under a big rig tire and have it run his empty head over.  

Posted Images

Horizon: Forbidden West needs DLSS... and it will get it relatively soon :smugcena:

The shimmering in performance mode is unbearable from what I've seen.  I think quality mode looks good enough regarding that, but I'm not actually seeing it in person, so it's hard to say.

What's more important that Guerrilla Games fix are the hilarious bugs and shit I'm seeing from people.. lmfao twitter is filled with Xbox fanboys posting bugs from the game :D 

Edited by Remij
10 minutes ago, Vini said:

People are saying resolution mode is broken as well. Over sharpened and jaggies everywhere.  

Nah. I have beaten the game. You get some shimmering on moss or wet stones (quite minor) and a bit on shiny corridor reflection maps (this is where ray tracing would have been a godsend). However, it looks pretty damn fantastic, overall. I’d say it reminds me of forza horizon 5, in the sense that it balances geometry, scale, surface materials and lighting better than 99% of games out there. As for these “people” you are referencing…I’ll take DF over them any day. Their breakdown is spot on. 

22 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Nah. I have beaten the game. You get some shimmering on moss or wet stones (quite minor) and a bit on shiny corridor reflection maps (this is where ray tracing would have been a godsend). However, it looks pretty damn fantastic, overall. I’d say it reminds me of forza horizon 5, in the sense that it balances geometry, scale, surface materials and lighting better than 99% of games out there. As for these “people” you are referencing…I’ll take DF over them any day. Their breakdown is spot on. 

DF will make a new video on this. Both modes are broken just tested out myself on my CX cause I was curious. Resolution mode is over sharpened and looks fuzzy, and there's something wrong with the anti aliasing in both modes. I think it's a bug

HDR is broken too, which is perplexing because it works great in the first game. Had to get the highlights down to -5 to make it look a little better but it's still completely ignoring your PS5's HDR calibration. 

Edited by Vini